Agrees

ATTRACTION: No Love Involved

 

Jaeun walked to school forgetting all the things that happened yesterday. Starting from L to her mom.

Yesterday was the day that she never wanted to arrive. She reminisced her past with L. (A/N: Mianhe, guys. It was supposed to be 4 years ago. Not 2 years ago. Sorry. :() And worse, she even yelled at her mom. She never wanted to do that, even if her parents didn’t do anything for her, even if her parents didn’t appreciate any of her acts and efforts.

She sighed as she walked to the locker. All eyes are on her. It was always like that though, no matter how she wanted to keep her life into the closet, people still notices her and how she dates no one in the campus and someone in the other campuses.

Jaeun just shrugged all of them and opened her locker. There she noticed a note.

Forget everything about last night. I wasn’t in the proper mind.’

A piece of paper dropped in her face.

A smile crept up. At last, she knows that L will be back to his original self today. Just like how she wished it to happen. So, she took her books and walked to class.

When she entered the room, she saw L making out another classmate again. She didn’t know if it was Hyorin or Soyu. But whoever that is, it was intense though. Yes, that’s the word to describe them.

She shook her head and just walked to her seat, not bothering the things around her.

She opened her book and started reviewing. They will have an exam today. She doesn’t need to review or study though, but she still chooses her books over the boys who want to flirt with her in the campus.

“You would pass without reviewing.” A voice came from nowhere.

Jaeun looked at the direction of the voice and saw L smirking at her. “What do you want again?” She asked him.

L just smiled and sat on his chair. “You know what it is.” He answered.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Whatever.” She said.

L chuckled. “Whatever.” He mimicked Jaeun’s way of saying it which made Jaeun pissed.

“Why don’t you just exchange seats with someone who would give me peace and quiet?” Jaeun asked him.

L just shrugged. “No one would dare seat her even if I exchanged places with them.” He said.

Jaeun rolled her eyes and just shook her head. She turned to her book again. “Why don’t you just disappear in my life?” She mumbled as softly as she can but L caught it.

He looked at Jaeun with eyes different from what he showed her a while ago. He is sad. But he couldn’t blame her if she wanted him to get lost at this moment. L has been bugging her for too long now.

“Why don’t you just accept the fact that I will always be in your life?” L teased, though it was half meant.

Jaeun shut her eyes. “You wouldn’t stay long. You come and go.” She replied without even looking at him.

L chuckled. “Who knows? Destiny may be really tricky sometimes.” He said.

Jaeun scoffed. “Destiny my . There’s no such thing as that.” She muttered just before everyone in the class settled down as the professor arrived.

 

 

“Why does her keep bothering you?” Minhee asked Jaeun.

Minhee has been Jaeun’s friend since first year college. And now, they are 4th year college already. It has been more or less, 4 years?

Jaeun shrugged. “I hate his guts.” She complained.

Minhee smiled. “You hate it because you are intimidated.” She said.

Jaeun scoffed. “Intimidated? Yeah right.” She said sarcastically. *That’s because you don’t know our history.* She thought.

Yes, Minhee has no idea about Jaeun’s and L’s past lives. All she knew was Jaeun was like that since she met her. She has been dating here and there. And she was the number one anti-fan of true love. Never did she hear Jaeun talk about real love. Never has she known that Jaeun has been a victim of love as well, that made her like this.

“Maybe you should just believe in true love.” Minhee started. “Who knows? Maybe L is the right one for you. And this is just a set up from the most high.” She added.

Jaeun chuckled. “Whatever, Minhee. We are not for each other and that is final.” She said.

“Then why don’t you just agree to him? Since you don’t believe in love, then you get to date the most handsome man in the campus non-exclusively and so with the hot guys from other campuses.” Minhee suggested. “Win-win situation, right?” She asked Jaeun.

Jaeun thought for a while. *Why are you even hesitating on agreeing to L’s proposal? Why are you even afraid? Haven’t you gotten over him? Right? Right?* She thought.

Minhee looked at Jaeun. “What? I’m right, right?” She asked.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Whatever.” She replied.

Minhee chuckled. “I know you are going to text him any moment from now.” She said.

Jaeun glared at Minhee. “Are you siding on that maniac?” She asked.

Minhee shrugged. “I am not siding on anybody as long as he or she doesn’t believe in love.” She retorted.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Aish! Sometimes I think, are you really my best friend?!” She asked pissed obviously.

Minhee chuckled. “Trust me. I am.” She said as she even placed her palm on her chest.

“Aaaaah!” Jaeun exclaimed.

 

 

To: L

Where are you? I have something to tell you.

 

Jaeun pressed send. Finally, she is going to tell L that she will agree to the proposal.

Why?

So that Minhee will just shut and talk nothing about it.

Not long after, she received the reply.

 

Fr: L

Garden. Behind you. You?

 

Jaeun got pissed. His text message was teasing her again.

 

To: L

Are you following me? Don’t even try to… Ugh!

 

She turned around and saw L smiling at her.

“What are you smiling about?” She asked L in a pissed tone.

L pointed Jaeun’s face. “Your face. You look more beautiful when you get pissed.” He said.

Jaeun didn’t know but she knew her cheeks heated up with L’s remark. But then she handled it well. She rolled her eyes and just sat on the bench.

L followed her and sat beside her.

“So, what was that you were going to tell me?” He asked.

Jaeun sighed. “Whatever the reason is, it is nothing about your face or whatever you have. I just wanted a peace and quiet best friend.” She started.

L chuckled and nodded.

Jaeun shut her eyes. “I am agreeing to your proposal.” She said.

L looked at her and smiled. “Really?” He asked in disbelief.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “I am doing this for Minhee. She has been consistently pushing me to agree with it for a few days already and it kind of pisses me. So.” She explained not knowing why she has to clear everything.

L chuckled. “Whatever the reason is. As long as you agree.” HE said.

Jaeun rolled her eyes.

L held her hand. “Let’s go.” He said.

Jaeun looked at him weirdly. “To where?” She asked.

L pecked her lips.

Jaeun’s eyes widened. “YAH!” She exclaimed. “Who gave you the permission?!” She asked him in a loud voice.

L rolled his eyes. “Come on, Jaeun! We’ve done way way wayyyy deeper than that peck. Why are you acting like I stole it or something?” HE asked.

Jaeun glared at him. “Because you did?” She replied.

L smiled. “Don’t tense up. We’re non-exclusive right?” He asked.

Jaeun breathed. “I know that. And I can’t wait to get away from you.” She said.

L smirked. “Trust me. You’ll love what we’ll do.” He said as he pulled her to his car going to his condominium unit.

*Hello, Jaeun.* He thought.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------

It all started again. :)))