Porridge

ATTRACTION: No Love Involved

 

Jaeun sped off to L’s condominium unit the moment she knew that he is sick. She has no idea how she left her friends wondering where she will head up to.

And even more, she has no idea of what she is doing.

Why is she affected that L is sick?

Why does she need to see him?

Is texting him to be okay not enough for her to do?

But neither any of these things are in Jaeun’s mind now. All she is thinking is she has to be with L. She needs to take care of him. She has to, like it was what she should do.

She arrived at the building in record time. She literally ran to the receptionist to ask for L’s room’s number.

“Excuse me? Can you tell me where Kim Myungsoo’s unit is?” She asked the receptionist who is smiling at her.

“Kim Myungsoo?” The receptionist asked. She nodded. “Room 25-D.” She said.

Jaeun nodded and bowed to her before rushing to the elevator.

*Damn it. Why is this taking so long?* She thought as she furiously pressed the UP button with her feet trembling and wanting to run now.

TING!

“Thank heavens!” She hissed as the elevator finally opened. She hurried inside and didn’t even look if others are boarding the elevator as well.

When she reached the 25th floor, he immediately ran towards L’s door.

She knocked furiously like there is no tomorrow. Or like there is something super important to do. Oh yeah. There is.

She has to take care of her nonexclusive boyfriend.

She waited until somebody opened the door. She perked up when she heard the door open.

There was a pale L with eyes half closed. He obviously was interrupted from his rest.

L’s eyes widened when he saw Jaeun at his door step. “Oh my gosh, what are you doing here?” He asked in all shock.

He intentionally didn’t want Jaeun to know that he is sick. Not because he knows that Jaeun would rush to him but because he was scared to know that she wouldn’t care.

Jaeun looked at him and immediately checked his temperature using the back of her hand. “Gosh! You’re burning up, L! Go inside and rest.” She ordered as she literally pushed L inside the unit.

L almost fell down with Jaeun’s force. She was pushing him hard. “Arasseo. I know I need to rest. You don’t have to push me to bed.” He complained.

Jaeun immediately stopped pushing him and looked for medicine.

L watched Jaeun go gaga looking for medicine. He chuckled. He finds her too cute when she is worried.

Jaeun stopped in front of L. “Don’t you have medicine?” She asked.

L shook his head and laid on his bed.

Jaeun frowned. “Arasseo. Wait here. Don’t stand up! I will buy you medicine.” She said as she turned around but L held her back.

He pulled her beside him and hugged her tight.

Jaeun couldn’t say anything because she was speechless with her heart beating really fast.

And yes, this only happens when L is around.

“Yah, your fever will rise.” She complained as she tried to escape from the hug.

But L hugged her tighter. “Let’s just be like this for a while. I need real warmth.” He said as he snuggled Jaeun in between his arms.

Jaeun just sighed and stared at his face. She couldn’t do anything. She chose not to fight it anymore because she knows that L is serious about the real warmth thing.

She looked at L’s sleeping face. Wow. He looked like an angel.

Almost. When he is asleep.

She smiled as she stared at every feature of his face.

Perfection. Yes, that was how L looks.

His perfect and proportioned face and body. Everything is perfect.

If only he didn’t break her heart before.

Jaeun waited until she could hear L sleeping soundly before breaking off the hug and buying his medicine.

 

 

 

 

“Oh, you’re awake.” Jaeun said as she was cooking porridge for L.

L stared at her with an apron on. Damn. She looked too perfect to be a wife.

L smiled and went near her. “What are you cooking?” He asked.

“Porridge.” She said confidently.

L looked at the dish and cringed. “Does that dark thing with the green leaves the porridge you were talking about?” He asked hiding his disgust on the thing that is on the pan.

Jaeun nodded enthusiastically.

L gulped. *Damn. I need to remember to put her away from the kitchen at all times.* He noted inside his head.

L smiled at Jaeun awkwardly as he is trying to find an excuse to not eat the porridge without hurting Jaeun.

*Damn. Mind. Think. Think. Think.* He thought as he watched Jaeun happily placing more ingredients on the porridge.

He nearly puked at the sight of those ingredients together.

“Jaeun…” He started.

Jaeun smiled and looked at him. “What?” She asked as she turned to the ‘dish’ again.

L chuckled weakly. “Uhm, you know. I eat pizza when I am sick.” He said rubbing the back of his neck. “And you know porridge isn’t enough for us. So, can we just order pizza?” He asked politely.

Jaeun stared at him with a suspicious look on her face. “You don’t like porridge?” She asked. “Or do you not like my porridge?” She asked again.

L laughed and waved his hands in front of her. “No no no no no!  It’s not like that.” He said. “I just want pizza right now. Energy food!” He continued.

Jaeun threw him a face. “Can’t you just order pizza after we eat this porridge?” She asked. “Because everything will be wasted.” She continued.

L just shut his eyes not knowing what to do next. HE sighed hard. “Okay. We’ll just order after we eat that errr porridge.” HE said.

Jaeun smiled the sweetest. L loved that. Then she turned to the porridge again.

“It’s almost done. Just sit now.” She told him.

L frowned at Jaeun’s back. Damn. He is going to eat that thing. Whatever that ‘thing’ is called and will be called.

He arranged the dining table and set two bowls. He sighed hard when he thinks that he is going to eat that thing.

*I’ll just have to endure it, right? I have fever, so I think my taste buds aren’t on the very good condition as well.* He thought as he tapped his fingers on the table.

“Here it is!” Jaeun beamed happily as she placed the ‘porridge’ on the table.

She took L’s bowl first and filled it. “You have to eat a lot. For your energy to be back.” She said as she poured the dish on it.

L’s eyes widened. He wanted to stop her from putting porridge on his bowl. *Oh god! After this fever, I think I will suffer from stomach ache.* He thought as he prayed in his thoughts.

“Here.” Jaeun gave him his bowl. “Eat well, Myungsoo.” She said as she sat and watched him.

L looked at the porridge then back at her. “Why are you not eating?” He asked.

Jaeun smiled. “I will just watch you eat.” She said as she encouraged him to eat now.

L looked at the porridge again and bit his lips. *Jaeun made this. I should eat it. NO MATTER HOW IT TASTES.* He thought as he took a spoonful of the food.

Jaeun watched him eat the porridge. *I wonder how that tastes. It doesn’t look good.* She thought as she watched L take a spoonful.

“Hmmm.” L said. Surprisingly, the porridge does taste good. It actually tasted like a real porridge. Not that it means that Jaeun’s porridge is not a real one but it doesn’t look one. Not on L’s judgment.

“How was it?” Jaeun leaned closer in interest.

L smiled. “It tastes good!” He said making Jaeun squeal in delight. “It doesn’t look like porridge but it tastes like one.” He said.

Jaeun didn’t mind L’s criticisms on the look of the porridge. What mattered to her is that her porridge tasted really good. It was her first time.

And for the first time, she succeeded.

L continued to devour the porridge. He likes it so much. It was unexpected. He thought it would taste horrible but nah… IT was perfect.

And the fact that Jaeun cooked this made it even beyond perfect.

 

 

 

 

“How did you know I was sick?” L asked as they were at the couch watching a horror movie while eating the pizza they ordered.

Jaeun looked at him. “Minhee overheard Krystal and Woohyun talking about you being sick.” She said. “Sunggyu oppa didn’t tell me when I asked him. Tch. That old guy.” She hissed as she watched intently and took a bite on her pizza.

L nodded and looked at Jaeun. He smiled. He would stare at her face the whole if he could. Truly, he would never grow tired of this face. The face that he loves so much.

“Thanks.” He said making Jaeun look at him. “Thanks for taking care of me.” He continued.

Jaeun smiled. “Don’t mention it.” She said as she patted L’s head.

L chuckled. *I love you, Kwon Jaeun. And I love you more now that you took care of me.* How he wanted to tell her those words.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this! ♥