Meet My Parents

ATTRACTION: No Love Involved

 

“What? Krystal is going overseas?” Woohyun asked L in shock.

The Infinite guys are hanging out at their favorite café that day when Krystal had texted L that she is going abroad for a reason that they don’t know.

Well, maybe, she knew that L and Jaeun are already dating.

And maybe she doesn’t want to interfere anymore.

But whatever the reason is, Krystal is leaving.

And that means, L and Jaeun need nothing to worry about.

“Do you think that is because you and Jaeun are dating?” Dongwoo asked.

L shrugged. “I don’t know. But whatever reason it is, I can proceed to step 2.” He said as he smirked.

“What step 2?” Sungyeol asked curiously.

L smiled. This is the day that he is waiting for. When everything will be cleared up. “I will introduce her to my parents.” He replied with a voice full of assurance.

His friends smiled at him. This time, at least they know that L is serious about Jaeun. They all know what he went through after breaking up with her in the first time.

They saw how he was so wasted.

They saw how he looked like a joke in front of everyone.

They saw how he was badly hurt.

How he was freaking lost in his life.

There wasn’t any direction.

There wasn’t any light to him.

He was living like hell.

He felt like hell too.

And now, they are just too happy that one of their brothers is happy with the girl he loves again.

They just wish that no one will break them apart again.

They don’t want to see another L who is sulking in the corner and getting drunk every night at a random club.

They don’t want to be babysitters of a love sick man ever again.

“Do you think your mom will approve?” Sungjong asked.

L sighed and shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe? Maybe not? But whatever her stand is, I am not leaving Jaeun again.” He said with conviction. “Disown me is she wants but I am not leaving Jaeun. Not now not ever again.” He added.

Sunggyu and Hoya looked at him with smiles in their faces. This is how L had matured. He had a stand. Finally.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure you are okay?” Jaeun asked Minhee.

It has been 3 days since Gongchan left and Minhee has been acting weird. She had been eating nonstop and had been so happy, like the old Minhee.

Not that Jaeun doesn’t want the old Minhee back but this is creeping her out. It is so strange to see the old Minhee back so soon.

Minhee looked at Jaeun and noticed that she is worried of her. “You don’t have to be worried of me, Jae. I am fine.” She replied smiling.

Jaeun nodded reluctantly. She has to be positive about this. She had to be positive that Minhee is alright.

Minhee smiled at her. “Don’t worry about me.” She said once more. “So… how are you and L going? Fine?” She asked changing the topic.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “Yeah. As of now.” She replied.

Minhee looked at her weirdly. “What do you mean?” She asked.

Jaeun chuckled and shrugged. “I don’t know. We are happy now. I don’t know what’s next.” She replied negatively.

Minhee narrowed her eyes on her. “Don’t think about the negative things. You might want to think positively, Kwon Jaeun? Negative means Bad luck you know.” She spat.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “Yeah. I know that. But I still get that certain fear in my feelings. That maybe there is something bad that is going to happen.” She replied.

Minhee flicked her head. “Stupid!” She exclaimed. “You are too negative. That negativism needs to go away too you know.” She aadded.

Jaeun sighed as she massaged her head. “I know! But I can’t help it!!!” She screamed.

“Think about it, Kwon Jaeun, thinking of the bad things is tanning your relationship.” Minhee advised.

Jaeun sighed once more. “Arasseo. I’ll try to be positive.” She replied.

“Good.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Jaeun asked L who was at her door step that night.

L gave her a look. “Why? Can’t I go to my girlfriend’s house?” He asked.

Jaeun sighed. “Fine. My parents are in with guests. Come in?” She offered.

L smiled. “Can I?” He asked.

Jaeun nodded. “Do you want to?” She asked. “I mean, they will let us in my room as well. Since they have guests. I think they are talking about some business matters again.” She explained.

L smiled sheepishly. “Your room?” He asked in a ert way.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on him. “What are you thinking?” She asked.

L rolled his eyes. “Don’t pretend to not know it. I know you know what I mean.” He said as he wiggled his eyebrows.

Jaeun gave him a sheer look. “Don’t even think of doing something amazing.” She warned.

L sighed. “Fine fine.” He said as he followed her inside. “I like it better when we were unofficial. At least I can do it with her.” He mumbled as he stepped into the Kwon’s house.

Jaeun smiled as she caught his words.

Jaeun entered the house first and bowed to Jaeun’s parents and the guests.

L was about to bow as well when he recognized the people inside. “Mom? Dad?” He asked with wide eyes.

The guests stood up as they recognized their son. “Myungsoo?” Mrs. Kim said in disbelief. “What are you doing here?” She asked.

L looked at Jaeun who was shocked as well. She didn’t know anything about L’s parents. She didn’t that his mom was the reason why L broke up with her the first time.

“I am her boyfriend.” He answered as he hugged Jaeun’s waist.

Now, Jaeun’s parents were also on their feet. Jaeun haven’t told them that she has a boyfriend. Not an exclusive boyfriend.

“What?!” The elders asked in chorus.

“Jaeun, you are in a relationship with The Kims’ son?” Her mom asked Jaeun.

Jaeun looked at L and nodded. “Yeah?” She replied, afraid of what her parents are going to tell her.

Mrs. Kwon clapped her hands and smiled, running to Jaeun and L. “That’s good then!” She beamed.

Jaeun looked at her mom weirdly. “What are you so happy about, Mom?” She asked suspecting something about her mom’s expression.

This time, the elders all came closer to them.

Mrs. Kim looked at L. “Why didn’t you tell me that you are in a relationship with the Kwons’ only daughter?” She asked him.

L looked at her. “I was about to.” He replied. *But you disliked her in the first place!* He thought.

Mrs. Kim smiled and hugged Jaeun. “Welcome to the family, Jaeun!” She said as she hugged her tight.

Jaeun was shocked and she looked at L, asking if he knows something about this.

L looked at his mom in shock.

“Omo! We were just talking about arranging your marriage!” Mrs. Kwon beamed.

“What!?” L and Jaeun chorused.

The dads nodded.

“Yes, you two are arranged to be married.” Mr. Kim said and Mr. Kwon nodded in agreement.

Jaeun looked at L still under the state of disbelief.

L interlaced his fingers into hers. “Really?” HE asked the elders.

The four nodded. “Yes! Definitely! Exactly! Absolutely!” They chorused.

L just scoffed and smiled. He looked at Jaeun. “Well I guess we are really meant to be?” He asked.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Are you kidding?!” She asked.

“KWON JAEUN!!!!!” They all yelled at her.