Minhee's Heart

ATTRACTION: No Love Involved

 

Jaeun was walking to school the next day with the students eyeing her from top to bottom. She looked back at them and tried to glare back. But nah, they are just too numerous to receive a glare each.

She just sighed and continued walking towards the school building.

“I knew there was something going on between them.” One girl whispered to her friend as Jaeun passed by them.

Jaeun heard that and tried her best not to think that it is not about her.

The friend nodded. “Yeah. I thought she was just a hooker of cool guys from other schools but no. She even tried to hook up with Infinite’s L.” She replied making Jaeun stop on her tracks.

“She isn’t called Kwon Jae-hooker for nothing.” The girl added making Jaeun glare at them.

She looked at the two gossiping girls with her brow raised. She walked to the two girls.

She stopped in front of them making the girls shake in terror.

“I hear you are talking about me?” Jaeun asked as she crossed her arms in front of the two.

The girls looked at her with shaking lips, afraid of Jaeun’s glare.

Jaeun cocked her head. “What was that you were calling me?” She asked menacingly. “Kwon Jae- what?” She asked with authority in her voice.

Of all the comments she hated, hearing that she is a hooker is the worst thing at all, and her hate-st to be exact. She hates it the most.

She hates people judging her because they see her with different guys each day, or every other day. She hates that they judge her quickly without knowing her story first. Well, it’s not like she would tell them her story but yeah. Prejudice and discrimination are still two of the most influential social issues in the society.

Jaeun sighed. “What? Why can’t you tell me the name you were giving me?” She asked as she eyed the two of them. From head to toe.

The two girls were just looking at her with wide eyes and trembling hands.

“Tch.” Jaeun frowned at them. “If you can’t tell me directly, then might as well not talk about me when I can hear you.” She warned as she wagged her finger on the both of them. She rolled her eyes. “Honestly, you aren’t even pretty enough to make the guys notice you.” She spat as she started walking again, leaving the two girls in deep terror.

She just shook her head and smiled. “Damn, fan girls.” She mumbled as she walked to her classroom, still with eyes looking at her.

She decided to just shrug them all off.

 

 

 

 

“You know picking on other girls is not a good example. And definitely not a good way to start the week.”

Jaeun rolled her eyes as she felt L’s fingers intertwining with hers. She looked at her side and saw L smiling widely while holding onto her hand tight.

“Good morning.” He greeted happily, with his heart-melting smile. And yeah, he just made Jaeun’s heart melt and flutter at the same time.

Jaeun just rolled her eyes and shook her head.

L chuckled. “What’s the matter?” He asked her.

Jaeun sighed. “Your fan girls.” She retorted as she looked at all the eyes glaring at her in this moment. “They are killing me with their stares.” She added.

L looked around and saw the eyes really glaring at Jaeun. He glared back and cleared his throat. With that, everyone else went back to their own businesses. Yes, everyone is afraid of the Visual of Infinite.

“Done and complete.” He said as he cleared all those glaring eyes.

Jaeun looked at him suspiciously. “But seriously. How the hell did they know about us that fast?  Haven’t even told Minhee about it!” She asked him.

L shrugged. “Maybe Twitter?” He asked making her look at him with fire in her eyes.

L messed his hair. “Aish.” He replied. “Just check your account.” He commanded.

Jaeun looked at him with confused eyes and looked into her phone.

 INFINITELKIM mentioned you on twitter.

Jaeun looked at L first who pretended to be looking somewhere else. He knows that Jaeun will be mad about this. But he hoped she would be cool about it.

L.Kim (@INFINITELKIM):

How are you feeling today, babe? I love you. ^-^ Can’t wait to see you at school! :* @JaeunKwon

Jaeun’s eyes widened as she saw L’s tweet. She looked at L and glared at him. “YOU!” She said as she pointed her index finger on her.

L just grinned and prepared his feet to run. “Bye, babe! See you in class!” He waved as he ran as fast as he could.

Jaeun was left with ajar. “What the hell?!” She mumbled as she looked into her phone again and shook her head before heading to their room. “You are going to pay for this.” She muttered as she dragged her feet to class.

 

 

 

 

“So, you and Kim Myungsoo, huh?”

Jaeun looked behind her as she heard Minhee’s voice. She smiled and nodded. “Y-yeah.” She replied while looking into her notes.

Minhee frowned as she sat in front of her in the cafeteria. “YAH! Why didn’t you tell me?” She asked, feeling really betrayed.

Jaeun smiled. “I was about to tell you today but the bastard tweeted some unnecessary things.” She reasoned, obviously mad at L’s tweet still.

She hadn’t spoken to L since she read the tweet, no matter how L acted so cute, and no matter how much her heart melted with his cuteness.

She doesn’t like it when people are glaring at her and calling her names that aren’t even true, not even a bit. Well, maybe a bit. But she had some reasons for it, okay.

“Tch.” Minhee frowned and crossed her arms. “So, would you mind telling me in full detail?” She demanded for a narration.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. She told Minhee the whole scene that day, when L confessed – with both of them blushing and squealing at the sweet scenes. Gosh, Jaeun.

“And yeah, he proved it to me that way.” She finished her story making Minhee look at her with twinkling eyes.

“You are really lucky you know!” Minhee commented. She really is happy that her best friend has finally found the one for her.

The one that has always been the one for her.

The one she loved.

The one she longed for.

“At last! Your happy ending!!!” Minhee complimented her and L. She smiled at Jaeun genuinely but something is still written in her face.

Anxiety.

And being the best buddy she is, Jaeun noticed that. She noticed that her friend is going through something right now.

“What’s wrong?” She asked as she reached out for Minhee.

Minhee smiled weakly. “Why are you such a keen observer? You weren’t like this before!” She remarked.

Jaeun smiled. “So… is there something bothering you?” She asked, this time, she will try to be the best best friend in the world. The one she has been doing badly all these years.

Minhee sighed and shut her eyes. “Gongchan…” She started. “He said he’s leaving.” She continued as her voice began to crack, tears welling up in her eyes.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on Minhee. “What?” She asked in disbelief. “Gongchan is what?” She asked again, not believing what she heard.

Minhee frowned. “He’s leaving.” She said. “He told me he is leaving for US next week.” She narrated. Her voice says all of the emotions she is feeling at this moment.

“Wait. What?” Jaeun asked again. “Next week? WHY?” She asked.

Minhee smiled, shut her eyes and the tears fell from her eyes. “I don’t know. I don’t want to know.” She replied. “I don’t want to know his reasons. I don’t want to know why he is leaving that quick. I don’t want to know anything about it. I don’t want to know when or if he is still coming back. I don’t want to know anything about him…” She bawled hard making Jaeun sit beside her and hugged her tight to try to comfort her.

“Ssssshhhh.” Jaeun cooed her as she caressed her friend’s back. “I’m sure he has some good reasons behind. I know Gongchan, he is not going to do something recklessly like that.” She added. *He didn’t even try to court you because he is afraid you still love someone else and that might break your friendship.* She added in her thoughts.

Minhee continued to cry hard in Jaeun’s arms.

“I love him. I love him so much.” She said in between sobs. “I love him and I don’t have the chance to tell him how much I love him because he is leaving.” She added, while crying harder.

Jaeun sighed and just kept on caressing Minhee’s back. What can she do about this?

*Come on, Jaeun! You are the best friend. You’ve got to do something.* she thought hard of a way to cheer Minhee up.

Minhee was still crying in her arms. Nonstop.

Jaeun looked at her friend. “You can still tell him you love him, Minhee.” She finally said. Well the truth is, she hasn’t thought of something relevant to help her in this problem.

Minhee stopped for a moment and looked at Jaeun. Jaeun was smiling at her.

“What do you mean?” Minhee asked her curiously.

Jaeun smiled the sweetest and winked at her. “Tell him your real feelings, Minhee.” She said. “I know that it might be hard for you to live with him away from you but still, you want him to know how you feel before he leaves, right?” She suggested, making her point.

Minhee looked at Jaeun and smiled. *Look at this girl who just turned from being anti – love to being all so romantic about it.* She nodded. Jaeun had made her point.

Jaeun smiled back. “SO cheer up! At least he is going to know what you feel.” She cheered her on.

“Thanks, Jae.” Minhee spoke really grateful that Jaeun is with her today. Her best friend. Forever.

 

 

 


=========================================

I AM SO BACK, LOVELIES!!!! ^^

Thanks for patiently waiting! ^^