Love Is Not Real

ATTRACTION: No Love Involved

 

Jaeun sighed for the nth time. She is in the canteen right now, comforting her best friend, Minhee. 

“I gave him everything!!!! How could he do this to me?!!!!!” Minhee bawled loudly making the whole student body look her way. 

Jaeun rolled her eyes at her best friend. This is exactly why she didn’t want to fall in love. She doesn’t want to experience those heart breaking breakups. Too much drama.

Jaeun handed Minhee the tissue. 

Minhee looked at her. “How could he do this to me, Jae?!!! I loved him! I gave him everything he wanted. I gave him all the things he asked of me!” She paused. “But why would he leave me like this?!” She bawled as she blew through the tissue. 

Jaeun shook her head. “Here, drink this.” She offered her banana milk. She knows Minhee likes banana milk more than anyone in the world. Even her. More than her.

Minhee stopped crying and sipped the banana milk hard. “Wow! Banana milk never tasted this great!” She beamed in a 180 degree change of emotions.

Jaeun scoffed at her best friend. “I knew you would be like that.” She said. “So, what really happened between you and Kikwang?” She asked. Minhee was bawling hard for about 30 minutes already but she never told the story behind the break up. “I thought he’s the one?” She a bit.

Minhee glared at her. “That’s what I thought too.” She said. “But I saw him with someone else yesterday! He was holding her hand tight. He even kissed the back of the girl’s hand!” She exclaimed.

Jaeun raised her brow. “So… what did you do?” She asked.

Minhee clenched her fist. “I confronted them. I kicked him in his groin area and slapped the girl. How dare he? How dare they? They can’t do that to me. I am not some weak woman you know!” She said proudly.

Jaeun laughed loudly. It was her first time hearing from Minhee that she actually hit her ex – boyfriend. 

Minhee looked at Jaeun weirdly. “Why are you laughing? Are you crazy?” She asked Jaeun.

Jaeun shook her head. “I am actually proud of you! You actually hit him. You actually hit a guy!” She raised her arms as if she is holding pompoms and cheering our loud.

Minhee rolled her eyes. “Crazy.” She muttered.

Jaeun looked at her. “See? That’s why I told you to not love exclusively. Love doesn’t exist. Love is not real.” She reiterated.

Minhee shook her head. “Love is real, Jae.” She said.

Jaeun looked at her weirdly. “What are you saying? You were hurt a lot of times and we have been having this kind of conversation for so long now but still you insist that love exist? I don’t get you.” She said.

Minhee nodded. “Love exists, Jaeun. Sometimes, you really just have to accept that you were wrong in choosing the wrong person for you.” She said. “I know I have been hurt for several times now but yeah, I still believe in love.” She smiled. “Because love is real.” She added.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. Minhee’s always like this. She would always insist that love is real and that no matter how many heart breaks she has been through, she still believes that the guy for her is out there and waiting for her.

“Destiny.” Minhee said.

Jaeun looked at her weirdly for the nth time. “What?” She asked.

Minhee smiled. “I believe there is someone who is destined for me. And he is waiting for me out there.” She said blushing.

Jaeun sighed. “You watch too many dramas. It’s not good for your mental state, or even mental ability.” She said.

Minhee glared at her. “You’re just saying that because you haven’t felt what love is.” She said.

Jaeun smirked. “I don’t need love. Love is for the people who want themselves to get hurt.” She said.

Minhee shook her head at Jaeun. “You’re hopeless. I hope you find love in the midst of your games.” She said.

Jaeun chuckled. “I wouldn’t, okay?” She said as she sipped into her drink.

 

 

Just then, Infinite came to the canteen with their new girls. All of the people looked their way. Some girls even squealed their hearts out. The guys really wanted to puke but they couldn’t. Infinite is the Kingka group in their school and going against their will means going against the whole university.

They walked confidently as each of them is flirting with their girls of the day. Yes, you read it right. Girls of the day. Because they change their girls every now and then, every day.

It is obvious that the girls with them are head over heels for them. *Poor girls.* Jaeun thought as she sighed hard and rolled her eyes.

Just as she was about to turn back, Infinite passed her and Minhee. L saw her and stopped for a while.

“You go first, sweet. I’ll meet you at the table.” L told his girl as the girl and the rest of Infinite walked to their table.

L looked at Jaeun. Jaeun stared back as well. 

“What?” She asked fiercely.

L chuckled and sat on the empty chair beside her. “Still not agreeing?” He asked her leaving Minhee confused of what that was about.

“Wait, what agree? Agree to what?” Minhee asked Jaeun. But Jaeun didn’t answer her.

Jaeun grinned. “Sorry. The answer is still no.” She said.

L smirked. “I didn’t know you know how to say ‘sorry’, Jaeun.” He said.

Jaeun smiled goofily. “Guess you don’t know me well, Kim Myungsoo.” She retorted.

L his lower lip. “Oh trust me, I know you. I know everything about you.” He said.

Jaeun scoffed. “I don’t think so.” She said. “Because if you do, I could’ve agreed with your condition long time ago, Kim Myungsoo.” She added.

L smirked. “One day. One day, Kwon Jaeun, you will agree with me.” He said as he took a piece of paper in his pocket. “Call me.” He said as he placed the piece of paper inside Jaeun’s front pocket. With that he left.

Jaeun scoffed at L as she followed him with her gaze. “So full of himself.” She hissed as she turned around and found Minhee looking at her suspiciously. 

Jaeun gulped. 

“What was that?” Minhee asked her.

Jaeun shook her head. “Nothing. He just-“

“What was that thing that you wouldn’t agree for?” Minhee asked.

Jaeun sighed and told her everything. She knows she couldn’t escape Minhee when she starts to bombard her with a lot of questions.

“What?!” Minhee hollered.

Jaeun shut her eyes. *This is the reason why I didn’t tell her about this in the first place!* She screamed in her mind.

“But aren’t you dating Kai right now?” Minhee asked.

Jaeun smiled. “We broke up.” She grinned. “Two days ago.” She added.

Minhee pouted. “Why? Why didn’t you tell me immediately?” She asked.

Jaeun sighed. “I forgot.” She said.

Minhee widened her eyes. “You forgot?!” She asked loudly. “How could you forget about your best friend?!” She exclaimed making the people look their way.

“Okay okay. I forgot about it and I’m sorry okay. Just stop shouting.” Jaeun said. “We broke up because we are never exclusive anyway.” She reasoned.

Minhee smiled. But then pouted again. “I always thought you are perfect for each other.” She said. “Kai is hot. You are hot. You are both hot. You suit each other very well.” She continued. “And to think that he holds the record as your boyfriend for the longest time.” She added.

Jaeun was stopped by Minhee’s last statement. *Yes. Kai was the one I have been with the longest out of all of them.* She thought. 

Minhee looked at her. “When will you ever learn to love, Jaeun?” She asked her and sighed.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------

Kai is not an official character. Cameo. =))))

I can see that you are really enjoying this fic. :)))

Thank you! I have 100+ subbies already! 

I love you all! =)))