Fade Away

ATTRACTION: No Love Involved

 

Jaeun walked to school like a panda today. She didn’t have enough sleep, everything seems to be so wrong this day.

She walked to her locker as she took her books for the next subject.

“What’s wrong with you?”

Jaeun sighed and faced the owner of the voice who just spoke.

“Nothing, Gongchan.” She replied as she walked past him, who is leaning on the lockers.

He looked at Jaeun who seemed to be really passive today. Yes, there is something wrong her. She isn’t as active like the other girls. She isn’t as enthusiastic as the other girls. But yeah, she isn’t as passive as this either.

*I wonder what happened.* He thought as he walked to his room.

 

 

 

 

“Oppa~~~~~” Krystal was sitting on Jaeun’s seat in the room, and she was playing her best aegyo on L.

L looked at her with a disgusted face and tried to shoo her away before Jaeun could see them.

Unfortunately, Krystal was really persistent. She was really really really persistent to get L’s attention and she is doing it very well. She is getting L’s attention. Yes, his disgust and pissed attention.

Jaeun walked to class lifelessly. L was shocked to see her and sat straight. “Krystal, you have to go. Jaeun is here. And that is her seat.” He said as he looked at Jaeun who seemed to be lost in her thoughts as she walked to her seat.

She was shocked to see Krystal sitting in her seat.

“Kwon Jaeun, can I just sit here?” Krystal asked her nicely, making Jaeun flinch. Krystal never asked for anything nice. She is the most evil girl she knows.

Well, that’s because L chose her over Jaeun before.

Jaeun just smiled weakly and nodded, as she walked at the back where there was an empty seat.

L was so shocked at what Krystal said, but he was more shocked at how Jaeun just agreed on Krystal and went at the back to sit.

He looked at Krystal with anger in his eyes. “What did you just do, Krystal Jung?” He hissed as he clenched his fist to control himself from punching this girl. Yes, he would punch her, even if she is a woman. If Jaeun is at stake.

Jaeun glanced at L who was talking to Krystal. She felt hurt that he is talking to her again. She knows she doesn’t have the right to get hurt about this, because in the first place, she is not L’s girl. She was just… someone he knows. And someone he is close to.

Yes. Reallllyyyy close.

She just tried her best to ignore them by focusing on her notes and on the lesson. Yes, tried.

But nah, every time she would read a word, she would just give up and start looking afar. Damn. Is this how L had made her affected?

The teacher came and Krystal still hasn’t got out of the room. *She is sitting in our class?* Jaeun thought as she eyed Krystal’s back.

L on the other hand was trying his best not to burst out in anger with this beside him. How he wanted Jaeun to be beside him, at all times. He wanted to bicker with her all the time. He wanted to see her pissed face which he finds extraordinarily cute by the way.

He wanted her to be with him. He wanted to prove that Jaeun is the one for him and that he is the guy for her.

But yeah, Krystal ruined everything.

*Damn this wench beside me. Jaeun hasn’t even answered me the words that I wanted to hear.* He thought sadly as he remembered what happened yesterday. * this life!!!!* He screamed in his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

The class ended and Jaeun walked out really fast to avoid L and Krystal.

“JAEUN!!!!!!” Sunggyu came running to her as she walked to the hallways.

Jaeun looked at him and bowed. “What is it, oppa?” She asked trying to be as bright as Sunggyu’s voice.

Sunggyu looked at her weirdly. “Hey, is there something wrong?” He asked as he held her shoulders.

Jaeun smiled weakly and shook her head. “So, what is it that you called me for?” She asked, changing the topic.

Sunggyu smiled brightly. “Minhee and Kikwang are finally over! Minhee ended it with them!!!” He said as he pumped his fist, making Jaeun smile as well.

“She went with him yesterday to break it up for real with him!” He added. “I thought they would get together again.” He continued as his voice is sounding like he is really happy about it.

Jaeun just looked at him, trying to smile authentically. But then she thought about Gongchan. *I know he would be extremely happy about this.* She thought as she looked at Sunggyu’s happy expression.

“So what are you going to do now?” She asked him curiously.

Sunggyu smiled. “I am going to court her.” He beamed making Jaeun’s eyes widen.

“What?” She asked in disbelief.

Sunggyu smiled. “I said, I am going to court her. This is the chance I have been waiting for.” He said. “I have always loved her from afar, and now, I couldn’t help myself from letting her know my true feelings.” He said positively.

Jaeun looked at him with a lot of thoughts in her mind. She looked at him with pity in her eyes.

She knows that Minhee is starting to like Gongchan. And Gongchan likes her as well. As a matter of fact, he loves her.

Jaeun knows that if Minhee knows how Gongchan feels for her, Minhee would probably accept it because she is also starting to grow feelings for her.

Why would you think Minhee would be breaking it up for Kikwang? Minhee’s head over heels for that guy no matter how much he had hurt her. Minhee would still accept him because she loves him so much.

But why now? Why did Minhee end it with him?

Simple.

Minhee has realized that his love for Kikwang had faded away.

How?

She started to love someone.

And Jaeun knows that it is Gongchan.

There was no doubt about it. The way the quiet and the miss-all-good Minhee, who was a really understanding girl, bickered with Gongchan, it was obvious that she changed for him. She changed for him to ride with his attitude.

And yes, she changed for love.

“Jaeun, are you okay?” Sunggyu nudged her slightly breaking into her thoughts.

Jaeun looked at him and smiled awkwardly. “Y-yeah. I’m fine, oppa.” She said.

Sunggyu smiled and nodded. “Gosh. I thought you went to outerspace.” He joked making Jaeun narrow her eyes on him.

“Is that a joke? Should I laugh now?” She asked sarcastically.

Sunggyu rolled her eyes. “You are a silly girl, Kwon Jaeun.” He said as L appeared behind him making Jaeun step backwards a bit.

L saw that and gave her a look. *What is wrong with her?* He thought as he scrutinized her no-sleep face.

“I-I have to go now, Sunggyu oppa.” Jaeun said as she bowed at Sunggyu. “See you around.” She said as she dragged her feet out of L’s sight.

Sunggyu watched her run off. “What is wrong with her?” He asked before eyeing L. “Did you do something again, Kim Myungsoo?” He asked.

L’s eyes widened and shook his hands in front of his hyung. “No hyung! I didn’t do anything!!” He defended, making Sunggyu give him a look.

“Don’t repeat what you have done in the past, Myungsoo.” Sunggyu warned. “You have her now, don’t let her go again.” He said as he looked into L’s eyes.

L nodded, intimidated by Sunggyu’s look. “I won’t hyung. Never again.”  He said as he is now determined to get her girl back.

But yeah, what really happened between them?

 

 

 

=================================

^-^