KT

ATTRACTION: No Love Involved

 

“What operation?”

Gongchan widened his eyes and looked at Minhee. He wanted to kill himself for being so careless about blabbering things that are meant to be secret.

“Nothing.” He replied. “I said, just wait for me.” He insisted, trying so hard to lie in Minhee’s face.

Minhee narrowed her eyes on him. “I am asking you what kind of operation, Gongchan. I wasn’t asking you to lie.” She kept on her own agenda. She knows that Gongchan is lying. She knows that he is masking up his reason.

Gongchan couldn’t speak. He didn’t know what to reply. He doesn’t want to lie to her but he also doesn’t want to make her worry about him.

What is he supposed to do now?

Minhee tugged his arm, her face telling him that she feels betrayed of it all. “Come on, Gong Chansik, what the hell is happening that I don’t know?” She asked.

Gongchan sighed and shut his eyes forcefully.

This is really hard for him. He doesn’t want to hurt her but confessing and not confessing his condition are both hurting the girl he loves.

Hurt was even an understatement.

He knows she feels as bad as how a killed person feels, if that person still feels something.

“Come on. Tell me.” She insisted, her tears are threatening to fall again.

Gongchan couldn’t bear seeing her like this. He couldn’t bear seeing her cry. It is just too painful for him too. It just crushes him too.

It just kills him too.

He sighed hard and looked at her, holding her hand. “Follow me.” He said as he tugged her out of the cafeteria.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Excuse me, omonim, are you lost?” Jaeun asked as she and L are walking hand in hand towards the outside of the campus.

The not-so-very-old lady, who seemed to be lost, looked at her and nodded. “I think so, haksaeng.” She said as she looked around the hall with papers on her hand.

Jaeun nodded and looked at L who just gave her a nod. “Where are you supposed to go, omonim?” She asked, trying to help the lost lady.

The lady smiled at her. “I am looking for the office of the dean. Do you know where it is?” She asked Jaeun.

“Dean? As in Dean Han?” Jaeun asked. The lady nodded. “Yes, omonim. I know where his office is.” She replied and smiled.

The lady’s face brightened, finding some light in Jaeun’s remark. “Can you show me the way?” She asked Jaeun.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “Sure, omonim. This way.” She said as she pointed the way and walked with L and the lady.

The lady was looking at Jaeun and L and smiling.

L noticed the lady smiling while watching him and Jaeun hold hands. “Is there something wrong, omonim?” He asked politely.

The lady shook her head. “Nothing. I was just awed by how perfect you are to be together.” She complimented, making L happy and proud.

L nodded and chuckled, Jaeun just smiled. “I know, omonim. But this girl seemed to disagree every time I tell her that.” He said while pointing at Jaeun who is frowning at him this time.

The lady chuckled. “Aigoo! You are too cute.” She beamed making Jaeun blush.

Jaeun just gave L a fierce look but L just pecked her lips.

“Love you too, babe.” He said as they continued walking towards the dean’s office.

“OH!” The lady’s envelope fell on the ground.

Jaeun and L helped the lady to pick her things. Until, Jaeun saw what was inside the envelope.

She looked at the lady. “You are Gongchan’s mother?” She asked.

The lady nodded. “You know him?” She asked back.

Jaeun nodded. “Yeah, omonim. He’s my friend.” She replied.

The lady smiled. “OMO! That’s so nice to hear.” She beamed.

Jaeun smiled. “But omonim, why is he leaving?” She couldn’t help but ask about it.

The lady’s smile disappeared all of a sudden. “He didn’t tell you?” She asked. Jaeun shook her head. “He’s having an operation.” She said.

Jaeun’s eyes widened. “O-operation?” She asked stuttering.

The lady sighed and nodded. “Yes. He’s having a kidney transplant in the United States. That’s why he had to transfer out of this school.” She explained.

Jaeun held L’s hand, with tears threatening to fall. “Is he going to be okay?” She asked the mother of Gongchan.

The lady smiled. “There is no assurance that it will be 100% positive but we are hoping that everything will be okay.” She replied. That statement just made Jaeun’s tears fall.

L was hugging her waist and caressing her back.

“Don’t worry, Jaeun.” Gongchan’s mom said. “Gongchan is strong. He is going to be okay.” She assured.

Jaeun just nodded, not knowing what to say.

Gongchan’s mom smiled and patted her shoulder. “Don’t cry, Jaeun. Let’s all trust in God. Everything will be alright.” She assured. She nodded at L. “I’ll be going now. Thanks for showing me the way.” She said.

L bowed at her while Jaeun smiled at her.

“Thank you, Omonim. Take care.” She tried her best to smile.

Gongchan’s mom smiled. “you too. Take care of each other.” She smiled as she entered the Dean’s office.

L and Jaeun watched her as she walked away.

Jaeun was still sobbing and L was still comforting her.

“Don’t cry now, Jaeun.” L cooed her.

Jaeun looked at L. “But Gongchan…” She replied with tears in her eyes.

“Will make it, okay. He is a strong guy. He will make it.” He assured as he wiped Jaeun’s tears. “Now come on, I’ll buy you Ice cream.” He said as he led her out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Tell me now, Gongchan. Please?” Minhee pleaded as they were at the roof top.

Gongchan sighed and looked straight in her eyes. “Minhee.” He started.

Minhee was looking back straight into his eyes. “Come on. Tell me now, please?” She asked as tears started to form in her eyes.

Gongchan nodded and breathed deeply. “I am going to the US because I am going to have a kidney transplant.” He said.

Minhee was dumbfounded. She couldn’t believe it.

A kidney transplant?

What was that?

Is he dying?

NO!

“It’s going to be alright, isn’t it?” She asked him.

Gongchan smiled. “Minhee, operations are risky. No one knows what the result will be.” He said, which broke Minhee’s heart. “But don’t worry. I will make it.” He said. “For you.” He added as he hugged Minhee tightly.

Minhee couldn’t do anything but to just cry in Gongchan’s arms. “I love you so much.” She said. “Come back for me, okay?” She asked.

Gongchan smiled and nodded. “I will. I will come back for you.” He swore. “Because I love you so much.” He continued. “So, wait for me, okay?” He added.

Minhee nodded. “I will be praying for you.” She said.

Gongchan smiled and caressed Minhee’s face. “I love you.” HE said as he pressed his lips into hers, savoring the feelings of the kiss.