Harder

ATTRACTION: No Love Involved

 

Since the incident of L and Jaeun coming to school together this morning, a lot of people have been making and fabricating stories about the two.

“I thought Jaeun would never be dating someone at school? Why is she with Kim Myungsoo?”

“Why is that girl with Kim Myungsoo? I thought Oppa is with Krystal?”

“What are they doing together?”

“Are they dating?”

“OMG! They look good together.”

“Well, maybe they are dating.”

Jaeun sighed at all the comments. Until when the teacher arrived, students have been murmuring things about her and L.

She blew her bangs and opened her notes trying to ignore all of those rumors around her.

L, on the other hand, has been glancing at Jaeun intently. He was waiting for her to bicker with him about what happened. He has been waiting for her to open up and get frustrated of what happened.

But no.

She didn’t even glance at him.

Not. EVEN. ONCE.

Since then, Jaeun didn’t talk to him. That made him really worried.

 

Jaeun was at the supermarket the next day because it is Saturday. It was her day to buy the things she needs. Grocery.

The maids are out of duty today so she was the one who took care of buying things. I mean, she couldn’t ask her parents about this. She knows they are busy.

She walked gracefully to the supermarket. She was happily buying when she bumped into someone.

“Oww!” She whined.

“Sorry.” The voice said.

That voice was familiar so Jaeun looked at the person.

“Oh, Sunggyu.” She said.

Sunggyu smiled and nodded. “Hello, Jaeun.” He greeted.

Jaeun smiled as well. “Hello.” She bowed.

“What are you buying?” He asked.

Jaeun shrugged. “Nothing. Just things I need.” She replied. “You?”

Sunggyu shrugged. “Just some things I need too.” He smiled.

Jaeun laughed. Of all the boys of Infinite, she has been closest to Sunggyu. When she was still together with L, Sunggyu was the one who was all out for helping the two of them. He was the person who Jaeun would run to whenever she is having difficulty and problems with their relationship.

She was the most thankful to Sunggyu because even if she had broken up with L, Sunggyu was still close to her.

“What happened yesterday? You and L are together again?” He asked.

Jaeun shook her head. “No.” She replied.

“Then why did you come to school together?” He asked.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “That bastard left me with no choice.” She said, pissed.

Sunggyu chuckled. “I thought you and L are getting better again.” HE said.

Just then, Jaeun remembered the text message of Krystal to L. “Ani. He has Krystal Jung right?” She said, well more of like confirmed.

Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrows. “What do you mean?” He asked.

Jaeun smiled and shrugged. “Nothing. I was not talking about anything.” She excused.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

“Don’t roll your eyes, Oppa. You don’t have them.” She teased.

Sunggyu raged. “What did you just say?” He asked.

Jaeun grinned. “Nothing.” She said. “Oh. I know you like Minhee.” She said out of the blue.

Sunggyu obviously and automatically blushed. “W-what?” He stuttered.

Jaeun chuckled. “You are stuttering! It’s true right? You like her, right?” She asked.

Sunggyu shut his eyes and sighed. “She has her man though.” He said.

Jaeun smiled. “Yeah. She loves him so much.” She said.

Sunggyu gave her a look. “You are definitely helping a lot, Kwon Jaeun.” He said sarcastically.

Jaeun smiled. “Mian, oppa. But don’t lose hope.” She said as she patted his shoulder and went on with shopping.

 

 

‘Wanna come with us tonight?’ Minhee said through the phone.

“Where?” Jaeun asked while cooking her dinner. She isn’t a very good cook though.

‘Bar!!!! I know you need this. You have been depressed since yesterday. I don’t even know why but I can see that you are! Come on! Let’s have fun!’  Minhee encouraged.

Jaeun sighed. “Who the hell told you I was depressed?” She asked while tasting her food. Suddenly, her face turned sour. “. I really have no future in cooking.” She mumbled as she took all the food and placed it into the sink.

‘Don’t you hide something from me. Well, you can’t hide anything from me as well. I know something’s bothering you. So, come on! Let’s go tonight! And I know that you just threw the food you are cooking!’ Minhee said.

Jaeun chuckled. “You really know me, huh?” She asked.

‘I do, you silly girl! Now, prepare yourself. Gongchan and I are going to pick you up in 30 minutes.’ She said as she hung up.

Immediately, Jaeun prepared.

 

 

“Yeah! This is life!!!!!” Minhee shouted as they entered the club.

“What the hell?” Jaeun asked as she looked at her best friend being overly happy upon stepping into the bar.

Gongchan looked at her and whispered. “They fought. Kikwang and her.” He said.

Jaeun looked at Minhee again and wondered. *She isn’t crying?* She thought.

Gongchan just smiled. “She’s stronger, you know.” He said.

Jaeun nodded. “Better.”

“Jaeun! Gongchan! Come on! Let’s go!!!!!” Minhee said as she made her way to the dance floor.

Jaeun and Gongchan just followed.

 

 

“Oppa!!!!” Krystal whined as she slung her arm at L’s.

Infinite just sighed and rolled their eyes. They never wanted to hang out with Krystal.

“Can you tell me why that girl came again?” Sungyeol whispered to Woohyun.

Woohyun just rolled his eyes. “She is just too irritating!” He whined.

Dongwoo nodded. “Damn it. Why does she have to come?” He ranted.

“Because L had no choice?” Hoya replied.

“I don’t get it! Why would hyung have no choice? It isn’t as if they are dating anyway.” Sungjong said pissed.

“Gosh! Just looking at them makes me want to puke.” Sunggyu said making all the other members leave.

Just then, Sunggyu spotted someone in the bar. “Minhee?” He mumbled as he went to the person.

“One more, please?” Minhee asked the bartender.

The bartender looked at her state. “But you are drunk, Miss.” He said.

Minhee glared at him. “I am not drunk! Can’t you see? I am perfectly fine.” She said as she stood up normally to let the bartender see that she is fine.

The bartender sighed and poured the drink.

Minhee smiled. “Thanks.” She said as she gulped the drink.

“Minhee?” A voice came from behind her.

She looked at the direction. “Hey!” She said as she scrutinized the face of the person. “Kim Sunggyu?” She asked.

Sunggyu smiled and nodded. “Yes.” HE said. “You are definitely drunk.” He said again.

Minhee smiled. “No, I am not.” She said.

“Then you aren’t fine as well?” He asked.

Minhee sighed. That time, she couldn’t help but cry. She has been holding her tears for the whole day. “He… He cheated on me. Again.” She said as she bawled.

Sunggyu looked at her with eyes full of concern… love. “What did he do this time?” HE asked.

Minhee sniffed. “I saw him with another girl. The same girl he was when I first caught him. I… I… I don’t know what to do. I think I am going to die.” She said.

Sunggyu gave her a hanky. “Come on. You don’t have to be bawling here. You have to face your problem and not drown with alcohol.” He said. “Here.” He handed her the hanky.

Minhee took it and looked at Sunggyu. “Thanks.” She said.

Sunggyu smiled. “Don’t forget that I am always here.” He said as he left her wiping her tears.

 

 

Meanwhile, L was dancing with Krystal when he saw a familiar image on his right peripheral view. He narrowed his eyes and focused on the figure.

*Jaeun?* He thought as he glued his eyes on her.

He looked at Krystal enjoying to dance. “Babe, I’ll just go to the toilet.” He said.

Krystal looked at him, smiled and nodded.

Just then, L went to Jaeun, who was at the bar drinking.

“Hey.” He said.

Jaeun looked at him. “Oh.” She said. She doesn’t really want to see him right now. The issue isn’t about them going to school together. The issue is about the text message from Krystal that she read. Surely, if L wasn’t sneaky that time, she wouldn’t have reacted this way.

L sat beside her. “Who are you with?” HE asked.

“Minhee and Gongchan.” She said thriftily as she gulped her drink. “One more, please.” She told the bartender.

However, L stopped the bartender from giving her drink. “Stop. You had enough.” He said.

Jaeun looked at L. “I haven’t. I am still sober.” She said.

“Tch. Sober my .” He said as he gave the glass to the bartender. “Here.” He said as he paid her drink.

Jaeun was pissed at that moment. “Hey! Why are you meddling with my life again? It’s not like you care or something!” She shot.

L looked at her. His eyes are showing her that he is concerned. However, she refused to read his eyes. “Yeah. Why am I even meddling with your life?” HE asked back.

Jaeun scoffed. “You don’t have to bulge in my life again, Kim Myungsoo.” She yelled.

“Yeah right. But at least I have the right to know why you are not talking to me, right? Why are you pushing me away?” HE asked. He is really bothered by how Jaeun wouldn’t talk to him for the rest of the day yesterday. “Is it about us coming to school together? And the rumors?” He asked.

Jaeun scoffed. “You think I am that shallow?” She asked back. “You don’t understand.” She said.

L held her shoulders. “That’s why you have to tell me so that I could understand!” He yelled back. L is really frustrated. Just the thought of Jaeun not talking to him makes him really crazy.

Jaeun smiled. She shook her head. “You don’t have to know either.” She said.

L and Jaeun just looked at each other’s eyes. No one wanting to talk anymore.

“Oppa?”

Jaeun and L separated as Krystal broke the ice off them.

“Oh, Kwon Jaeun. Anyeong!” Krystal waved her hand. “Are you leaving?” She asked.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “Yeah. Someone’s waiting for me outside. Bye.” She said as she bowed at the two.

L was intently looking at Jaeun as she strode out of the bar. *Why are you like this, Kwon Jaeun? Why are you making things so difficult for me?* He thought.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------

Waaaah! I updated. :))))

Sorry, my dear readers! I really didn't mean to keep you waiting.

But anyway, I have a new fic for you!

It is: The Man In My Dreams [Click]

Go check it out! :)))

Thanks for reading! I love you all! ♥