#five

In Cinderella's Shadow

-Lunch water

"See you then!" Jonggyu waved over to me and I nodded. "And you're sure not to eat with me?"

'I have poorer people to meet, princess." he sheepishly smiled and I pretended to throw a big file after him.

"Bye!" Jonggyu shouted and closed the door with a slightly too loud thud.

Shaking my head, I put all files in one neat line and stood up, too.

A knock on my door made my eyes trail there. "Neh?"

"Yeunja ah? We're all out now, are you coming, too?" Kim Yeongseo, an older here working man asked and I smiled up at him. "Neh sunbaenim! I'm almost done here!"

"Okay, make sure to close the door, or Moonri is getting a panic attack." he pointed in her office's direction and chuckled.

I agreed with a soft giggle and left my own office quickly.

____

"Anything else?" the old woman at the street restaurant asked as I was about to take a seat.

"Oh ehm..." I thought for a while before flashing her a tiny smile, "Dumplings, please."

"Arasseo." she nodded her head to bow a bit and I did so, too as I took my seat.

"Will you pick that up later?"

I nodded, slurping my noodles. "After I'm done with the lunch, ahjumma, you know I have to work again~"

She nodded her head, bringing me water along. "I know that," she patted my head like she'd do it with a child, "I know you, dear."

I just nodded, like I always did when I had no time to respond. Suddenly, she went away, getting a new water bottle.

"Here you go, dear."

"Ahjumma, I alread-"

"Gomawo~" somebody on the chair next to me beamed and I turned to the voice

I sat just a few inches away while I held my chest, almost getting a heart attack. "You scared me!"

"I should scare you, I'll be eating you, forgot?" Jiho smirked and smiled at the ahjumma, "The same noodles ahjumma, but spicier, neh?"

"I know you by now, too, Jihoon."

"Jiho, my other friend's named Jihoon, ahjumma." Jiho chuckled at her sweetness and she flicked her wrist in confusion. "You young kids look all the same!"

"He has blonde long hair, ahjumma!" Jiho whined badly. I could sense, Jiho thought ahjumma was thinking of him as a blonde and he must be not liking this hair color.

"Yes, yes, now eat. You have to grow!"

"Ahjumma, we're twenty years old!" I laughed and she blinked rapidly. "You know each other?!"

He sat down next to me just now, I think, Jiho wouldn't have done that elsewise.

"Yes, ahjumma...we do." Jiho nodded but she just clapped her hands before he could've continued. "Ah! I have to tell my friends from now on a couple will be eating at my little stand and not that other married couple that comes here since 2003!"

"A-ahjumma!" I panicked, "We're not dating in any way!"

"How nice this just sounded." Jiho stated quietly under a chuckle and I looked at him. "I meant...oh god, boy."

I leaned me face into my palm and started eating silently.

"So...you have to work?"

"Yes." I sat up straighter as Jiho stopped drinking, starting a conversation maybe.

"Uhm...where, if I may ask?" he wondered and I smiled. "K.G. International...like I already told you, as a designer for kids' furniture."

"Wah~ sounds fun! I'd like to have such a job, too!" Jiho beamed and ahjumma arrived with his noodles. "I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

"No, ahjumma." I shook my head, laughing lightly and she fiddled with her hands. "That's what they all say~"

As she went away, a sudden giggle escaped my mouth. "Ahjumma is so out of it, I don't believe it."

"With life? No diggity, but she's cute." Jiho cooed with a little smile, "I'd like to have a dad like her."

I faced him, gawking at him. "Dad...? Do you mea-"

"No...dad. My dad is...let's say, he's difficult, not like all the other fathers you see. And if you now say, my dad is the same, he didn't or doesn't let me do this and this or this...No, my dad is way more different and more difficult. Period."

My lips turned into a thin line, my forehead producing a crease between my brows. "And why did you want ahjumma as a dad again...?"

"She easy-going." Jiho let out the statement with a calm expression before eating his noodles.

I tilted my head, lost in thoughts. I don't get that guy.

"Eat, eat, Yeunja sshi! You don't taste good with nothing in your stomach!" Jiho pushed my bowl even nearer to me and I cupped it, "Yes, yes, boss. Sheesh, murderer are so stressy."

He nodded, crossing his arms exeggeratedly. "If I'd eat you, it'd be like eating bones only...so, eat!"

"Get a stress ball, murderer!" I nudged his side and he poked my waist back. "See?! Only bones here! Eat more!"

"No! I don't want to get fat!"

"Eat!"

"No!

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"I said, do so!"

"Nu-uh~" I stuck out my tongue.

"Kid!"

"At least I'm not eating a pizza I don't know what is in there!"

"I told you, it was cheese pizza with tuna but you couldn't see it properly on the image!"

"Getting touchy, umma?"

"Umma?!" he roared and I cracked up finally, hitting my thighs like there was no tomorrow.

Jiho did the same, I think even worse.

I wonder how we didn't manage to drop our bowls because of the ruckus we've started with the endlessly loud laughter.

 

  AUTHOR NOTE;  this isn't long too, right? but tbh, i love reading fics with a bit shorter chapters
if they go all read-me-two-hours-long-bish on me,
i can't come to terms with it, srsly
so,
comment and sub ♥, love you subbies and ....... guys who comment :33