#fifteen

In Cinderella's Shadow

-Just a moment

Slowly everybody sat down and the couple beamed into the microphone again, opening the buffet.

The first table on our side of the big hall started to stand up and walk into the little room.

In this room you could find anything. Food was there, I didn't even see it in my life before and everything looked delicious. I walked up to the first plate and put some food on it.

I used the time between going to one pot to another to pull down my dress lightly. Strenuous, little piece of wool.

I sighed and finally quitted the buffet.

"What took you so long?" Heesok asked and growled at me. I just stared at her.

"You could say it nicer, Heesok."

"Fine~ and Yeunja ah, what were you doing in this goddamn room?"

I cluck my tongue and started eating like everybody else.

"The food is good!" Heesok nodded and I agreed with a nod, too.

____

"I'm so going to get more of these potatoes!" she smiled brightly and I giggled.

"Wait, unnie, what was that just some days ago? I'll never eat potatoes again, to be honest, they just make you fat and taste like nothing!"

"Oh come on, they were from home, these here taste perfect! I'm gone to get more!" Heesok stood up and slandered down the hall, right into the room with the buffet.

As she came back, my plate was also empty. "I'll go and get some things, too."

I left the table and walked down the big hall, going right towards the plate I planned to go. I put some of the food on my plate and thought deeply. I want to taste that, too...well, whatever. I walked up to it and saw an older woman having problems lifting up the top of the plate, so I quickly helped by doing it myself.

"Ah, thank you, dear!" she spoke slowly and I smiled. She was cute granny-like woman with gray hair already, yet she was dressed very prettily.

The woman went away and now I was the one with the problem. I tried to balance the plate in my left hand, almost dropping it, and attempted to lift the top again.

A hand from behind, held the top and I sighed in relief, safely holding my plate. "Thank you!"

As I turned around I gasped. "W-what? What are you doing here?!"

"Helping you not to damage everything here...oh, and eating." Jiho casually grinned and I blinked, my mind still not progressing the fact that Jiho came to this wedding too.

There was silence.

"Okay..." he rolled his eyes, putting the top back on as I finished piling food on my plate, "And I was also invited..."

"I guess so, and wow, look at you. You're dressed like a gentleman! Did you dabble in dressing?" I eyed his black pants and light blue and black plaid shirt which was halfway stuck in his pants. Jiho tilted his head angrily. "Does that mean I'm never dressed well?"

I chuckled lightly. "No! Just-"

"And what's with you? That dress is way too short!"

[A/N: let's pretend it's a very light peach color, okay? ;D]

I paused, letting my wrist fall which went up with my voice.

"Yah, I did not choose this...okay? Heesok did..."

"And your whole back is free!" Jiho patted the bare skin on my back and I laughed. "Do you want me to apologize?"

He nodded. "Now, hurry up!"

"I'm sorry~" I flicked my wrist with a mischievous smile and Jiho fake-gasped.

"What a rude, young lady."

"Young? I'm getting older lately!" I rubbed my temples and stifled a mad laughter of mine. I sighed. "Well, I should go, I'm still hungry and I guess my sister will freak out if I come too late again."

"Too late? For what?" Jiho wondered and I shrugged. "For her time, or whatever...I'll guess we'll see each other later on."

I shortly waved and left the buffet, wandering down the hall to my seat again.

As I placed my on the chair, Heesok started nagging already. I sourly regretted leaving Jiho somehow.

"Where were you? Did you drop in the salad or the pork or whatever pot there stands?!" she blabbered and I groaned. "I met a friend in there, calm down. I'm here again."

I quickly started to eat but she continued to sigh and whine. "Who was it? Do I know her? Does she visit us sometimes? I must know her, I know everybody."

An amused smile played about my lips. She thinks Jiho is a girl...hehe, Jiho being a girl~ I must-

"Yeunja ah!" Heesok almost whacked my head and I held it protectively. "What?!"

"I've talked to you! Don't just ignore me!"

I dug in again. "I told you to calm down, please. And, no, you don't know...herrrr~"

Swallowing softly I took also a sip of the water from my glass in front of me.

____

"And I don't want to see anybody sitting the chair!" Minji added gleefully to what her husband just said. It was about dancing. Everybody. On the floor. Now.

Urgh, no.

Or, wait...

I looked out for Jiho despairingly but he was nowhere to find. My shoulders deflated as I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder followed by somebody clearing his throat.

Turning around I saw a male I didn't know smiling at me, holding out his hand for me to take and my lips curled into a small smile as I took it.

We went to the dance floor and started to dance in the rhythm of the music.

____

The song ended quickly, luckily. I wouldn't say the young man I danced with was bad at dancing, but...he was like, five times about to trip over or on my foot but I managed to swiftly pull it back without him noticing.

I rubbed my temples from the loud music and a slower one started.

I looked around and saw that I was the only one going back to her seat.

Shrugging I continued what I was doing. A sudden tap on my shoulder and I growled loudly, making me spun around slowly.

Jiho stood in front of me with a more than fearful expression. "Calm the down, there's no reason to kill me, okay..."

I looked at Jiho in silence and sighed afterwards. "You're right, not now."

"Hmm, yeah. Dance?" he asked with a smile and I nodded, a chuckle came along.

I followed Jiho to the dancer floor and looked at the other people before slowly sliding my hands around his neck.

His hands s around my back and we started dancing in silence. His broad yet slender hands touched my bare skin and I shivered, quickly avoiding his gaze.

After some minutes I looked at Jiho while he also glanced at me at that moment.

"And...how are you doing?" he asked with a smirk and I shrugged. "I'm doing erm, quite fine. We are planning something at work at the moment. I think it will be fun...You?"

"Yeah, same here. Work is all good. I was on a party with some friends yesterday. It was much fun, as always my friend made a fool out of himself. Well, that's my hyung." he giggled freely and I smiled. "Nice to know you had fun. Did you sleep enough?"

He thought for a while while pursing his lips. "Hmm, like, four hours?"

"F-four?!" my eyes widened in shock and he nodded. "We...we went home at five in the morning."

I blinked irritated. "Well, I went to bed at something past twelve...I slept about eight to nine hours and I'm still tired..."

This time Jiho was the one to shrug. "Well, I'm kind of...used to that. How...am I doing?"

"Doing, what?" I wondered again and Jiho chuckled cutely. "Dancing."

I held my mouth while I brightly smiled but quickly brought it around his neck again. "That one boy, man, whatever I danced with before was almost tripping over his own feet. So, you're doing perfectly fine."

He blinked slowly and I looked around the hall, flushing somehow.

Jiho eyes caught mine and I sighed sadly.

"Hey, what's the matter?" worry was in his voice and I tightened my grip around his neck. "I miss Mallang..."

His eyes fell shut halfway. He then looked into my eyes. "Don't worry about that..."

"It sounds silly...but...I miss her so much already. Let's get a cat again!" I beamed and Jiho shook his head with a soft laugh. "I don't know if I can be there all day, I mean, at home. My work is really busy and I get to work in the morning at get back home in the evening. We got more popular the last time an-"

"You took it seriously?" my eyes shone with bright humor and Jiho looked down while stuttering. "If you're this sad about it..."

"You're so sweet, Jiho~" I cooed and saw a tinge of red around his ears.

"As if..."

"If you talk like this, of course." I mumbled and his orbs' gaze collided with mine. "I'm glad I met you, to be honest."

My heart welled up with joy and I smiled at Jiho for the hundredth time this day. "Me too...I don't have many friends because of my work, like, erm uh-"

"And you call me sweet!" he laughed heartily and I pinched his neck.

"Owh, owh, owh! Yeunja ah! It hurts!" he rubbed his neck and the song ended. "This was a freaking long song." I noticed and we parted. I pulled my dress down minimally and Jiho smiled at me before I flushed a bit.

"Another song?" he asked with a sly smirk and I looked over my shoulder with a cold stare before nodding warmly.

 

  AUTHOR NOTE;   the other part, is this longer? hm, I dannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *being all yoseob nstuff*
comment and sub ~ I love you :3
the next chapter will be about this thing they do in Yeunja's work, at first I just wanted to add in their small talk and didn't even want to make it real but then I was like......I'm really in the need of something in this story before a bigger event happens :'D
hope you liked this ^^ PLEASE TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEE