#seventeen

In Cinderella's Shadow

-Day of work

I yawned loudly, earning a smack from Jonggyu. "Will you work, princess?! Moonri gave us loads of stuff!"

I waved my hand at him yet patted his shoulder. "I was up all night again..."

"Why? You can work off everything right here, you don't have to do it at home." he stated clearly and I nodded. "I know, I know, but you also know me inside out, and I work like mad at home but I'm so bad here at work..."

Jonggyu sighed along with me. "Listen," he gazed at me, "you're my little fairytale princess and you can do anything. But for this you need sleep. So, get a lot of sleep at home and be Kang Yeunja, the hardworking designer at work. Do this for Jonggyu oppa."

"You know..." I leaned over and spoke with vague voice, "I'd never...really call you oppa..."

He literally freaked out and I just laughed at him while Jonggyu hit me softly. "Yah, I'm being damn serious! Remember where we watched that movie  two weeks ago, I was laughing and halfway crying over this movie but you kept sitting around with your laptop and worked...you need free-time."

"But look...when I don't do things at home I'll never get them done." I fell back in my chair and groaned, messing my hair.

To everyone's information, this time we have two themes we both have to solve and accomplish. 'Italian' and 'dark'. Moonri also said, it'd be always two themes instead like all the years before, just one. But it was okay. Plus, it was no kids' furniture but normal, too. It didn't matter what we chose as long as it was furniture.

____

Like always on Tuesdays, I only had to work until 6pm. I loved this because I could go home and cook something for me or the maids had cooked something and I could enjoy a peacefully dinner instead of just eating at my workplace while drawing draft beside this.

But I didn't want to get home that quickly, I felt like going around a bit.

I wandered into downtown Seoul and looked around the display windows of some shops, even buying some things I thought I'd need and just got to walk again.

Because of my busy job I didn't work round for sport activities, meeting other friends than just Jonggyu and the friends and colleagues at the office nor just move around the town and see Seoul in its whole gorgeousness and glory, which is mostly in the evenings.

If I was free, I was stuck at home, still working actually. Okay, okay, Jonggyu is so right.

I suddenly saw a translation office and smiled brightly. Is Jiho still at work?...I should search his office around here. He said it's in downtown...

I walked inside and a young man greeted me. "Hello, is there something I can do for you?"

"Uhm...well, halfway. Do you know a Jiho, Woo Jiho...by any chance?" he thought for a while but I cut his thoughts. "Like in, is he working here?"

"Woo...Jiho, you say? I'm sorry, no." he shook his head and I bowed politely. "It's okay, have a good day!"

He nodded and bowed lightly as well.

I walked out and pouted, wondering how many translation offices Seoul would offer to the world.

____

Narrator;

"This is no problem...Of course...Huh? Oh know, we'll manage that, you chose us, we're the best...Yes, yes, to you, too!...Oh w-"

"Jiho ah?"

Jiho looked up at his name being called and signaled his co-worker to wait a second by lifting up his pointer finger.

"Sorry, what did you say?...Yes, this is exactly the street. Until tomorrow then, goodbye!" he hung up and leaned back in his chair. "Why do people from America go to Korea and can't speak one single word...I find that this is no problem, yet...how about basics?"

His friend chuckled. "Man, you got some problems there, you work too much."

"I do not, you know who works too much? It's a-"

"Here, just work that off. It's from our boss, I have to do something else, like, looking at my flawless face."

"Jaehyo- argh whatever." he looked at the many pages written in English and rubbed his eyes tiredly, "I'll need days for this."

Jaehyo came back but as he wanted to speak he got cut off by Jiho. "Go back and look at your flawless-but-actually-not-as-flawless-face-as-mine-face-face and work-"

"You have a guest, stop ing around." Jaehyo rolled his eyes and Jiho heard him grunt even when he left for another floor. On the laminate he heard high heels walk slowly towards his office.

A head popped out next to the frame and a his lips curled into a gleeful smile. "Yeunja ah!"

You smiled right back at him and exhaled. "I walked around whole freaking Seoul to find your translation office!"

"You didn't have to though! What're you doing here?" he stood up but you gestured him to sit back down by flicking your wrist. "On Tuesdays I only have to work until 6pm..."

"But it's" he glanced at his phone which lit up at his touch, "close to 8 now."

She inhaled, holding her breath in for some time before breathing out. "Didn't I tell you I walked around whole Seoul?"

Jiho softened slightly. "Aw~ such a nice friend I have here~"

"Who said I'm your friend? I don't want to a friend of somebody who the world looks bad at."

Jiho's head spun to you at your sentence crazily and you chuckled. "In every office I went they gave me quizzical glances and hesitated to tell me that you aren't working there...I almost thought that they lied to me sometimes because...I don't know..."

"Oh...ah, alright." Jiho scratched his neck awkwardly and cleared his throat, "Well back to you...are you just visiting me here or~?"

"How long will you work today?" you asked and sat down on an old couch, grazing it softly.

He looked at you and blinked, pulling the sheets closer to him. "Tonight...until ten, one hour less than usual."

"Then I'll stay here." you beamed at him and bit your lip as you rubbed your back against the couch. Jiho's eyes popped out as he heard your reply. "Yeunja, you don't need to! Did you eat yet?! If no, then go and eat! Am I holding you back?!"

You giggled and tapped your cheek thrice. "Am sorry? Who did try to find a translation office and sprinted like mad through Seoul?" you raised your hand and with your other hand you put out your phone, "That's me, exactly, now Jiho, tell me what you do at your little desk here."

All he could do is blinking again. She...she ran around in Seoul to find my office, to find me. How adorable can she get?

"I just got a new task from my boss, erm...I have to translate some things." he ruffled his hair and you got up but sat down again right in front of his desk.

"Hmm, and what do you have to translate?" you wondered and he shortly showed you a bunch of pages. "I'd be done with it...in some days."

You gasped and pursed your lips afterwards. "This seems like a lot! Are you managing all of this?!"

"Of course, I love my job...I get these like, almost every day, sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less..." he tilted his head from left to right and smiled from ear to ear. It amazed you. You always admired languages yet you couldn't work with them as well as Jiho seemed to. "I'm such a noob when it comes to languages...you should start teaching me."

He looked up after he started reading a small paragraph. "I'm a bad teacher..."

"It can't be..." you shook your head violently and he nodded. "Believe me."

"No~ you're too kind to be a bad teacher!" you countered and he just chuckled at you. "Honestly, I really am a bad teacher, some friends already asked me to teach them."

"No~"

"Yes~"

"No, Jiho~"

"Yes, seriously."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes, and what about you and your skills?!"

"...No."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes, Yeunja ah!"

"No!" you shook your head like crazy and looked at him later on, "Do your work!"

"Sheesh~ no need to be so naggy." Jiho opened office word at his computer and you crossed your arms. "Fine...I still don't believe you."

His eyes slowly went up, meeting yours but you still remained sour and he laughed loudly. With his smile you couldn't stop yourself from beaming along.

Jiho started to work seriously and you occupied yourself with your phone, sending messages to some friends and or just playing with some apps now and then.

 

  AUTHOR NOTE;   srsly, I had no idea what to use as a title,
just see me as a stupid duck running around and typing down nobody is
reading ;D ♥ [even being srs in this point._.]
this was such a filler chapter.......I'll update tomorrow again ^^
I hope you'll like it, there'll be the character I told you bout C:

 

comment and sub, love yaaaaaaaaaaaaa ♥♥♥