#thirteen

In Cinderella's Shadow

-Troll king

I sighed in content as I walked out of the kitchen after I had finished my lunch.

Today was a good day. Heesok was only silently cursing under her breath about Siwon, too preoccupied to scream at the maids, my lunch, which was prepared by one of our maids, was my favorite dish. And I also didn't have to work today and all my requests were done except for two which I could relax with, they seemed to fit my style perfectly and I knew, I could finish that within a blink of an eye.

It must be a perfect day today.

And apparently I wanted to meet up with Jiho, too. I'd play with Mallang like a retard and acting all as if she was a real kid and he would be just telling me I'd look like a retard who'd play with a cat as if it was a real kid.

Yes, it would be close to perfect today.

I got up into my room and started drawing something. As Jiho and I were talking over the phone he told me to bring along pretty, new drawings to show them to him. He said, he wanted to dress better. Jiho's closet was a mess, as he was saying.

I was happy somebody else than Jonggyu appreciated my work. It felt awesome hearing nice and comforting words from somebody I met a lot.

Of course, Jonggyu and I kept on meeting at least thrice a week but-

whatever, it was awfully nice and I liked that.

Swiftly I brought many broad lines along the paper. It turned out to be a two-piece. Black, a bit skinnier pants with a v-neck shirt. Additionally to that, a plaid shirt but I didn't though of it as if it was needed for this apparel.

I smiled wildly, really satisfied with this one. I quickly started to trace another one after my likings.

____

After some minutes, my phone began to rang and I could read Jiho on the caller ID. I smiled and picked up hurriedly. "Hey there ~"

"Hey..." he said curtly and I blinked with a chuckle. "Sorry, back to the beginning. Hello, Mr. Serious."

"I have some things to tell you." I heard Jiho letting air out of his cheeks and I sighed. "Okay...go on. And don't worry, your sketches are almost done. You should pay me some bugs, my friend!"

He giggled dryly. "I can do that...maybe, haha. But Yeunja-"

"It was just a joke! I like hearing compliments about my work from you!" I smirked widely and Jiho replied quickly. "Yes, yes, it is no probl-"

"It is as if you're paying alrea-"

"Kang Yeunja, listen to me!" This time he cut me and I shut up. "Okay."

He exhaled loudly for me to hear. "It's not like I want to cancel our meeting or...but I have to tell you something about...about Mallang."

My throat went dry. "Mallang?"

"Yes...she...she's not here anymore." Jiho mumbled desperately and I held my head. It had started spinning. I once had a cat. I lost it but it wasn't like I was feeling sick because I missed the cat or so. Of course, I missed this cat. You always feel something for a pet if you have it for a long time. We had had it for about four years. After this cat we weren't allowed to have any pets anymore. But it was like she tied something together, I just didn't know what. I really, really liked Mallang.

"Yeunja, I don't know if you still want to come...but..." he paused, "Yeunja?"

I hung up and shouted around the house loudly. "I'm out for a while, please tell appa if I'm not home when he's back!"

I took the house keys as I jumped down the stars like a man woman, slipped on simple shoes and ran down Gangnam and his street until I arrived his house.

I rang crazily on his doorbell and it took an eternity for him to open the door.

Fishing out my phone I panted heavily and looked at it. I caressed my cheek rapidly in short movements and heated them up terribly.

It took a short look at my clock and wondered how long it would take him as my hand's pace slowed down. It stopped completely as I noticed the date of today.

April 1st, 2013.

I cluck my tongue and the door opened.

He stood in front of me, trying to smile. "Hey~ how are you doing?"

"Watching a troll king playing a prank on me." I hit his chest and laughed. "I could kill you for this joke! I screamed through my whole house and ran down this long way! How dare you be so messy with human's feelings?!"

I laughed and started closing my eyes, softly hitting his chest again.

Looking up at him I didn't see just one hint of a smile.

"Jiho?"

"You think this a joke, right?" he blinked, shortly going into the kitchen, then coming back, "Sorry, I forgot it's April's Fool Day. But...I'm being honest...I swear...I swear to god, I swear to my house...I swear to your drawing talent..."

I inhaled slowly and quietly. "Tell me this is a joke..." I chuckled a nasal laughter, entering his house, "This is a really bad joke."

"She got run over by a car."

My head spun around at him and Jiho closed the door.

"I said, I am serious, Kang Yeunja."

My eyes got teary. "No...you're a troll king. Tell me I just got pranked! Hi, I'm Kang Yeunja and I just got pranked. Please tell me where the cameras are so I can beam into them."

He shook his head while lowering it.

My lips started to tremble and I choked on a sob. "No!"
"Yeunja ah..." Jiho looked up and I shook my head. "No!" I shouted once more and I ran these two meters, hugging him. "No! Mallang isn't gone! You're joking around! Tell me this is a joke!"

He my back comfortingly. "I'd do that now because I see you in pain...but I'm not lying. I'm being serious with you."

I clung onto the upper part of the back of Jiho's pullover. "This can't be true..."

He sighed sadly into my ear. "Come into the living room."

Was Mallang sitting there, waiting for me? Oh, how I wished so.

I entered it and saw nothing. Her little blanket that would lie next to Jiho's couch was empty and I sniffed with an emotionless face. I sat down in silence next to Jiho and started sobbing.

He wiped some tears of mine away. "Don't...don't cry, please. When other people cry I have to cry, too."

"Why does this happen to me?" I looked at him and I saw a painful face close to mine. Jiho shook his head. "No...it does not happen to you..."

"Is it karma?! I swear a lot about Heesok sometimes when I'm on my own! Is this the revenge?!"

Again, he just shook his head. Jiho tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Shall I tell you something?"

I nodded and he inched closer. "I got a call from a friend who saw Mallang when he was over...and this friend was buying some stuff on the market down the long street here...and he found...he found Mallang next to the road. She wasn't bleeding or anything. I guess she just broke some of her bones and...he told me she must've been hit by a car...he said, it looked like she was sleeping."

"She's indeed sleeping." I hummed and wiped the tears on my right cheek away since Jiho couldn't reach it.

"You really loved Mallang, right?"

I nodded hurt and started to tear up again, as I noticed what she tied together. "I am thankful to Mallang. I met you because of her."

His lips slowly curled into a shy smile. "Come on, we would've met anyway. I would've caught up with you and passed you anyway."

"Exactly, but you would've just passed me and you'd walk on, living your life, so would I. I talked to Mallang like an idiot."

"Like a cute idiot, Yeunja." he caressed my shoulder and I shrugged.

"Woud you draw something for me?" he asked and I blinked, rubbing my nose slightly.

"N-no need...I have your drawings with me!" I started to rummage in my small purse. I was in such a hurry that I just folded them and sprinted away, but Jiho stopped my hand. "Would you draw something for me...now?"

I nodded unsurely and he stood up. I felt cold air next to me and looked where he all went to. He messily looked into one cupboard, then into another, on one shelf he found a pencil, and after another minute he found a full drawing pad in a drawer. Jiho plumped down and held it in my direction. "Show me your skills, girl."

I gazed at it longly before taking it into my hands. I rubbed the pencil with my thumb lightly before pushing off the cover of the pad.

He scooted closer again and I blushed, starting to draw a simple head shape but stopped. "Wait." I sniffed, "What should I draw, Jiho?"

Jiho shrugged care freely. "Draw as you wish. I'm just watching."

"Please help me." a slight beg was in my voice and Jiho nodded. "And what will this be?"

"A man...can't you see this manly chin?"

"Sorry, do continue." he hid this mouth with the nail of his thumb, he then added his fist.

I went on with the big shoulders, yet not drawing the arms completely.

"What kind of shirt?" I mumbled and he thought for a second. "Hm...this here."

I looked at him and he showed around his neck.

"So, a quite tight neck?"

He faced me again, nodding. I did as told and he tried to show something but my legs were in his arm's way. I wanted to pull myself out of the position where my knees almost touched my chin but Jiho's hand laid itself around my shoulder. He then pointed at the figure's arm. "And...and the sleeves until here? I wouldn't think a long pullover would suit this."

I nodded and smiled a little. "I've planned so, too."

"Hm, okay..." Jiho whispered and continued watching me draw it.

____

"Shall they be...casual? I mean the pants?" I wondered and he smiled. "Yes, please~"

I rolled my eyes with a smile and quickly finished the pants. "How about..." I quickly drew some plain sneakers, "these shoes?"

"Perfect."

I smiled and blinked slowly.

Without giving a sound from me I draw a pattern on the shirt.

"Wait...is this...Hello Kitty?! Yah, I'm a man, Yeunja!"

I laughed. "I found it cute~"

Water welled up my eyes. "And it's a cat..."

He didn't let the tear roll down my cheek. "It's beautiful."

I sniffed inaudibly and scratched my right cheek with the pencil. "Some things to end this...it needs a face this time."

I looked up at Jiho and examined his face, letting my pupils shift and analyze his face from one end to the other.

I then turned to the paper again.

"What are you doing?"

I tried to bring some details and marks from his face onto the paper.

"It looks like me..." he softened and nudged my side. "Yah~ it looks like me!"

I giggled in joy. "I think that was my aim. Nice to know you can find your face in it."

"But my hair looks gay..." he pursed his lips and I rolled my eyes over to him. "Please, what?"

"Does my hair look like that?" Jiho touched the tip of his hair and put soft pressure onto it, letting it bounce a bit.

"I'm sorry, Jiho~ I will change that~"

"Make it look like me..." he trailed off yet it sounded demanding somehow. I blew air into my cheeks as I carefully erased some parts of the figure's hair.

____

I sighed blissfully as I was done. "There you go...I'm done."

"These are beyond perfection...there are so much details! Wait, wait, wait! I have to know how you actually did that?! I watched your every step but this was suddenly there!" he pointed to some areas around the shoes and pants.

"I only moved my fingers...like this...and I did it fast. Maybe because of that."

He lifted up his invisible hat. "I bow to you, queen of drawing...!"

I flushed madly at his quirky smile. "Oh stop it!"

"Draw more for me, please!" he called out excitedly and I obeyed Jiho's with a gleeful beam.

We got back into the same position as we were before and I started drawing hurriedly.

____

"I should go home." I looked at my phone and sighed. I will be back home and maybe Heesok will scream at me. I mean this day just got the worst of them all.

"Please tell me you're still pranking me and Mallang's just over at one of your neighbors'...please."

I stood up and Jiho straightened his body, too. "I wished so, Yeunja ah...I so badly wished so..."

"Okay..." I started to hug Jiho quietly, muttering to his ear. "You're too tall to hug, giant. One. And two, let's meet up for lunch tomorrow...okay?"

He nodded and we pulled away.

I went without saying a word to my shoes and slipped inside, aggressively moving my feet to perfectly fit into them.

"Sorry" he said, "that I'm a giant."

I chuckled while holding onto my purse firmly. "That's okay, tall boys are made for small girls."

He gazed at me with big orbs before I noticed what I had said. "Oh, I did not mean...ehrm, whatever. See you, uhm, tomorrow, I guess?"

"Yes, and...please keep them." he had a folded paper in his hands. I hesitantly grasped it and looked at it. Inside of the first one was also another piece of paper. Two drawings of mine I did just now.

"They look so much like me. I'd like you do keep them. Maybe they remind you of me sometimes."

I smiled at his thought and he casually put his hands in his pockets. "Get home safely."

"Stay home safely."

"Touché." he pointed at me and I opened the door, slowly lifting my hand.

He waved at me too and I went out of the door. I slowly looked back and saw Jiho smiling and still waving at me.

Once more I waved back and went home quickly.

I might've lost something else today. But I got back a wonderful end of a day actually.

That meant,

when I got back home, Heesok was still silently cursing, not screaming around one bit.

My life was somehow at peace.

 

  AUTHOR NOTE;   you are now allowed to throw free stones at the author.
*closes eyes*
I planned this not long time ago, so, sorry .___.

comment and sub
lol unsub now if you want :DD
i'd still love you ;DD