#thirty-four

In Cinderella's Shadow

-A call

you;

I my dress and looked into the mirror. Well, at least it's beautiful. This is good, r-right?

I sighed and Heesok called me over.

I did so and she smiled at me. "Could you paint my nails with this nail polish here?"

"Why should I?" I narrowed my eyes at her and she shook her head with a sweet chuckle. "Because I'll be married in some hours? Because Yoonmi is buying something?"

I rolled my eyes and obeyed. After all, Heesok was my sister.

____

"There, how is it?" I put the nail polish back and brushed my finished hair out of my face. Heesok smiled approvingly and grinned. "Thank you! I love you~"

I ignored her and went to care for myself. Yoonmi, her bride maid, came anyways some minutes after I left her.

I walked into my own reserved, little room and put on all jewelry I had chosen to wear until a knock on my door made me stop.

"Yes?" I called and the door opened, revealing Siwon in a pink sweater and black pants, styled extravagantly.

"Hey~ I just wanted to look after you. Wow...you look so stunning." he stared at me and I chuckled. "I can only say the same, oppa."

To forget Jiho I tried to get closer to Siwon and believe me, I really tried. Yet when he was too close or his touches stayed for too long I was backing away secretly without him noticing.

I accepted the fact that I was like this because I couldn't imagine myself be with somebody else than Jiho. I wanted Jiho back.

But I couldn't. Not how he and myself behaved. That wouldn't be right.

But what am I talking about? He'd be marrying my sister in less than three hours.

Also, I haven't talked with him ever since that talk some time ago.

"Yeunja ah?" Siwon snapped his fingers in front of my face and I jerked slightly. "Sorry, I was...out of mind."

"Hey..." He caressed my bare shoulder softly, "Want to tell me what's happening? You have given some hints along the way when we talked about Heesok's wedding."

I rubbed my ring finger where I still wore the ring Jiho gave me when we started dating. "Heesok will...she'll be marrying my ex."

I looked up at him but stood up. Siwon blinked confused and inhaled, holding out his hand. "Shall we show them that you are strong enough for this?"

No. I smiled shyly and took his hand after I finished putting on my jewelry.

We walked out together and Siwon glanced at me lovingly. "Hey...smile..."

I did it for him and we walked outside the long corridor while he secretly wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Wait, I wanted to look after my father as well." I chuckled while excusing myself and ran back inside the hotel-like house.

I knocked on his door gently and he replied with a small "yes". I entered and looked at him, smiling. "You look really good, appa."

"Of course, shouldn't I look good for my daughter's wedding?" my father giggled and looked back into the mirror, "Hm..."

I walked up to him. "Something the matter?"

"Yeah~" he fell silent slowly and turned around, "What do you think?"

I pressed my lips into a thin line. "Let me...get your tie...better..."

I halfway strangled him, yet in the end, it looked way better.

"There you go. When do we have to go out of here?" I asked as I wandered around the room, touching furniture now and then, and my father picked up his phone, checking it shortly. "It's now around 11:40am. You have to leave around twelve. Heesok and me later."

I nodded with a fake smile, tears building up. "Alright! Pardon me, I'll go outside already..."

"Do that, honey." He grinned and I left, walking to the restrooms.

A tear ran down my left cheek and I tried to wipe it away yet got stopped by a strong arm.

"Yeunja ah!"

I looked up and Siwon blinked confused and sad. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I...I teared up. I wanted to go getting it done in the restroom. Pardon me now." I pulled my arm out of his grasp and left.

I steadied my hands over the sink and looked into my reflection.

Turning around I got myself some toilet paper to stop my watery eyes from forming a waterfall, gladly it helped.

I smiled at myself brightly in the mirror. "You're going to manage your life. From now on, you have to."

My thought automatically flashed through future scenarios, scenes that could possibly happen like, the next birthday, which would be Heesok's birthday next year.

They'd all be sitting at the table, Jiho as well. My sister would brag about herself and Jiho, the kind husband he'd be, would tell everybody how pretty she is. Because she is, indeed.

Or on big occasions. Jiho would walk around with my sister in his arms and get to know my whole family.

Probably they'd get to know each other better.

Who doesn't love Jiho, he's so sweet and lovely. What if they'd fall in love?

Dizziness washed over me as I imagined them kissing, holding hands, having a family with one child or more.

I looked down at my cream colored high heels, then my gray, strapless dress, ready to go out although my mood just got even worse than it was already.

Siwon was still waiting outside and pushed himself off the wall when his eyes fell on me again.

"Glad you came out again, I thought you fell into he toilet."

I chuckled nervously. I should've done that, and flushed at least twenty-three times...

Siwon softly beamed and held out his arm for me. "Shall we? It's late, we should leave already."

I nodded and looked back to the room Heesok would be sitting in right now.

____

We arrived at the beautiful church and I looked at it from top to bottom.
"Si-Siwon oppa...I think I've eaten something wrong yesterday. I'm feeling bad."

"Yeunja ah ~ that's just the nerviness." Siwon bumped his shoulder against mine and I gulped. He saw it and sighed dolorously. "Are you thinking about what I think you think about?"

"If it's about my sister's wedding, bingo~" I rolled my eyes and looked around.

Suddenly Jihoon caught my eye and I turned around as he waved at me. I couldn't face one of Jiho's best friends right now.

"I just want this to be over, so I can commit suicide, okay." I growled and Siwon laid his arm slowly around my waist. "Yah, don't talk about things like that..."

I sighed. "But I want to." I put out my phone and saw two missed calls and one new message. One call and message from Jonggyu, one call from unknown.

I frowned and looked first at the message from Jonggyu.

Hey princess! Hope you're not dying, PLEASE DON'T DIE! I NEED MY YEONNIE AH OKAY???!!! .O. you weren't picking up your phone so I quickly msged you c: hey, keep your sweet head up, if you come and cry again then.......forget it! come and cry bby :*

I chuckled silently. At least something that lifts up my mood a bit.

I then checked the other number. I haven't seen this number in my entire life. Maybe someone dialed wrongly or something.

I shrugged and put it inside my also cream-colored but it vibrated suddenly.

The same number was sending me a message and I read it in a whisper. "...Over here..."

"Hm?" Siwon turned to me again and I looked around, at once seeing somebody waving at me. It was Kyung.

I dialed the number and saw him picking up his phone. "Kyung sshi?"

"Yes, hey, Yeunja!" he chuckled into the phone and I glanced around. "Why are you calling me?"

"I'm Jiho's best man." Kyung chuckled nervously and I nodded. "I guess so, you're his best friend..."

Another soft giggle was heard. "Yeah...so, uhm." I saw him rubbing his neck and turning around, "Jiho's not here..."

"What?!" I shrieked loudly, causing people to turn around and look at me. I bowed, apologizing and laughed shortly, also twirling around. "Weren't you with him?"

"Yeah," Kyung said on the other line, "the entire time. I wanted to go with him. He was already wearing his suit and stuff but he told me to go first. I'll manage that, he said...So I went here already and... happened."

I rolled my eyes and inhaled. "It's not my wedding. And I don't care about that." I hung up and started walking away.

"Yah, Yeunja ah! Where are you going?!" Siwon followed me and caught my wrist, turning me around. I just gave him a small eye smile. "Don't mind me. I'm just about to ruin my life."

"What happened? Who was on the phone?" he wondered and I pulled up my dress a bit. "Jiho's best friend. So~ I'll be going now."

Siwon's grip hardened. "Do you love him? You still love him...Can't you just...start a new life? W-with somebody else?"

My eyes widened as his eyes begged me to say, "yes, with you!". I managed to get my arm back with a lot of effort and shook my head, leaving.

 

  AUTHOR NOTE;   oh oh oooouh
hope you liked this update, sorry for it's shortness (if it is ;D)

comment, read and sub :3 love you all like mad, guys :D