#fourteen

In Cinderella's Shadow

-Invited

My hand slipped away and I woke up hurriedly before my head could collide with my desk's edge.

"Yeonnie ah~ Moonri is on her way! Wake up!" Jonggyu softly called over and I rubbed my temples. "I'm freaking awake, dumb-"

Moonri entered and looked at me suspiciously. "Are you...alright?"

"Yes, why?" I blinked and inhaled heavily.

She thought I got angry at her and Moonri quickly raised an eyebrow. "How is the request work going?"

"Perfectly fine, Moonri." I smiled but she didn't even dare changing her blank expression. "Finish it, we have other things to do as well."

She spun around and speed-walked over to another room, drilling someone else.

I let my head fall on my desk and groaned loudly, too loudly. When I looked up I noticed my co-workers gazing at me and I sunk into my chair.

"Get this done now, Yeunja." I muttered under a breath and started drawing again.

____

It was 11:33pm, I could knock off work and sleep finally. "Sleep~" I mumbled in daze and swung from left to right as I walked home on my own.

My feet started to hurt and I looked around for a taxi.

"Taxi!" I called and held out my hand as a taxi came by but unfortunately, it drove past me and I sighed in defeat.

Two other taxi drivers behaved just the same and I sighed as I heard another car following. My hopes got up high but it was a normal car. The car's pace slowed down and I smiled. Silently it drove off again.

"Argh!" I stamped with my feet on the ground and stumbled away angrily.

____

"I'm home...but nobody freaking cares about that I guess." I first shouted, then lowered my voice again. Some maids came my way.

"Are you done working? I wish you all a tight and beautiful sleep!" I bowed to them and touched my forehead while in my lips slightly. As I entered my living room to check why the light was switched on I found my dad with his back facing me.

"Appa? You're home?" usually, especially on this day, he'd stay in his office until midnight and far beyond. He turned around and faced me. "Ah, Yeunja ah! Please call down Heesok ah."

I saw that he held something in his hands but shrugged, behaving how told.

"Unnie! Please come downstairs!" I softly screamed upwards and I first heard a loud crash, then a squeaky yell, a loud growl and lastly, followed by a door opening.

"Stupid table...why can't the drawer be an inch more on the left..." Heesok mumbled and rubbed her knee. She was dressed in her sleeping clothes already and my father smiled upon seeing her. "We got this in the mail today. It's an invitation to a wedding."

"A wedding? Who do we know who could get married?" I wondered and our father faced the letter once more before gazing up again, looking at us.  "It's Minji ah, she'll get married. I know, Sookyung and I are divorced but she still wanted to invite us. Isn't it nice?"

Heesok grimaced awfully. "I don't want to go there."

I showed my thumb her direction. "For the first time I agree with unnie."

"Girls," a long sigh followed, "please. It isn't polite not to show off there..."

I chuckled through my nose. "Appa, you know, there exists a telephone," I pointed over at it, "you take it, simply call them and tell them we can't because of what reason ever. Just have a reason for it. I don't even know, make one u-"

"Yeunja!" father gasped at my response and I shook my head. "I am seriously tired, I just want into the sheets and sleep. I have to go back to work at 11 again and I still have to check some things in my mail and prepare some things for tomorrow."

He sighed for the umpteenth time. "Yeunja, please."

"Clear this mess here, I'll go upstairs. Choose what you think." I looked at both and patted my sisters shoulder, hopefully she wouldn't ruin it.

____

I groaned and held my back as I leaned forwards to look into the mirror. It was 12am as I checked the time. I made a loose ponytail, making some of my hair strands fall out already.

"Yeunja ah! We'll be late because of you!" Heesok roared and I applied lip gloss for the last time before stuffing it into my dark brown clutch which was fitting perfectly with my pumps. I grabbed them quickly and went downstairs, pulling my dress down. "Why the heck is this dress so short?!"

"I have to say, I find it amazingly pretty, Yeunja ah~"

I gave her that look as we opened the door and wandered into a cab we called.

"Well, unnie, you chose this and stuffed it in my hands before I could protest."7

"See, better listen to your unnie for fashion tips." she chuckled a girly laughter and I rolled my eyes. My dad quickly entered and the cab finally started driving.

____

We thankfully arrived fast at the destination, Minji's wedding. Yes, Heesok literally ed it up. I'm sorry,

but she really did.

In the morning at 8am, my father woke me up, telling me we'd go to Minji's wedding because Heesok wanted to and they couldn't go without me.

Oh, did I forgot to say that Heesok found the idea on the invitation great?

All girls should be wearing their prettiest and shortest dresses.

Thank you, Minji.

Whatsoever, we hobbled out of the car somehow and I made a hollow-back.

"Why did you stop at the car's door?"

"I didn't know how to safely come down the big car, okay! Stop hissing!" Heesok muttered through gritted teeth and I rolled my eyes once again. "Yes, yes...can we just go inside?"

Heesok looked around. "Where's appa?"

I spun around in my heels too and scanned the beautiful church but also the front side with the big white door. Finally I spotted him next to a man I've seen before.

I nodded and told Heesok that he was with some of his workers and talked about something.

The bride and the bridegroom arrived. Okay, we were really late to be honest...

We all applauded and welcomed them warmly.

Minji was, to be honest, breath-takingly beautiful in her wedding dress.

 [A/N: imagine it's this, without the long train]

I never said she was ugly, I just despised her...

____

The ceremony was over quite fast and we were allowed to go home for an hour. Later on, we'd all meet at another destination where the marriage would be celebrated.

I pulled my dress down and hummed silently as my father tapped my shoulder. "Take your sister with you and go to the white carpet, I'll be-"

"-Talking with your workers...Yes, yes." I forced a small smile and he nodded. "I am sorry, we just don't want to discuss while the party is going..."

This time I replied with a nod and searched for Heesok, finding her quickly. She talked with some friends who were invited, too, somehow.

I patted her back and signaled her we could go near the entrance where all the guests where slowly gathering in two rows. One of the left, the other on the right side of the carpet, building a path for maybe the bride and the bridegroom.

They arrived with the bridegroom's cabriolet and looked flawless and happily beaming to everyone.

Some maids of honor helped Minji out of the, so did the males of honor with the bridegroom.

We all went in afterwards and did all the other things you'd do at the beginning of such a celebration which included congratulating husband and wife, stating some points from somebody else about the food and maybe program and so on.

"We'll give out wine to all of you. If you want to start eating please sit down. If everyone has taken their seats, we'll open the doors to the open buffet." Minji gestured over to a big, round and lightly gray-ish door at the other end of the hall.

I sat next to Heesok at a table with some other girls my age and slightly above.

But at the moment, we were standing and waiting for the wine we'd get.

Unexpectedly, we got it quickly and drank it, enjoying it.

I pursed my lips. "This is a good one, isn't it?" I asked Heesok and she nodded. "I'll tell our maids or appa to buy it, it's fabulous!"

Did she just say...fabulous? I narrowed my eyes at her softly before making my way to our table again. I secretly checked my phone before packing it away again.

 

  AUTHOR NOTE;   okay ~ I decided to split this event ~
don't worry, the next update will come berry berry soon *makes this soon stuff bla bla folding hands, Mr. Burns yeah* wednesday muahahahaha
comment and sub pleeeaase ♥ I love all of you *throws hearts around*