#eleven

In Cinderella's Shadow

-Drinks for free

I sat I put out my plain black bikini and two towels. One for sitting on the deck chair, one for drying myself.

Quickly I stuffed the things under my arm and left my room with my room card and a little clutch where I could put in the card later on.

I knocked on my father's door before going away. I heard him replying quickly.

"Neh?"

"I'm outside at the pool!" I screamed and he shouted back. "Have fun, dear!"

I smiled and took the elevator to arrive the first story. It was already dark, 9pm, and I walked outside, hurriedly getting to the pool.

Jiho was right, the pool and pool bar are really cool, and beautiful! I smiled and put my belongings on a free deck chair.

"Yah! Yeunja ah~! Over here!" I looked up at my voice being called and there stood Jiho, waving over, while standing next to two free deck chairs.

With a big beam I walked over and shortly waved with my hand. "Hey~ did you already wait here for long?"

"Nope." he shook his head and flicked his wrist thrice before showing to the deck chair in front of me. "May I offer this deck chair for the lady with the blue tank top?"

"You may do so~" I cleared my throat and neatly laid my two towels down.

"Is the queen done by now?" Jiho impatiently asked and I chuckled through my nose. "Pardon me? Who started with this royal-talking?"

"Tch." he rolled his eyes and I ripped off my top and the tight skirt I've been wearing before jumping into the pool, but not diving completely.

"Omo! The water is perfect!" I squealed with delight and Jiho appeared next to me. "Yah~ isn't it awesomely warm?!"

I nodded and squeaked again.

"Woah, did that just come out of your mouth?..." Jiho laughed and I pressed my lips firmly against each other. "Eh, eh...no?"

Shaking his head, he made his way to the counter that was almost underneath the water. That's what I call a real pool bar!

"What drink?" Jiho asked and I tapped my chin. "Oh, can you ask if they can do 'Red Energy'?"

He simply nodded and called the barkeeper over.

Jiho ordered quickly and the barkeeper mixed our drinks professionally fast.

"Cheers?" he held up his almost black long-drink while I did the same with mine. " 'Cheers' with a long drink drink and a big tropical-looking drink?"

He tsk-ed and sighed loudly. "Come on, Yeunja!"

Laughing I lightly bumped my drink against his and drank a bit. The energy drink, the strawberry syrup and the sweet alcohol tingled my tongue and I smiled with joy. "This is and will always be my favorite drink!"

"You look so happy!" Jiho chirped and I nodded, leaning one arm against the counter. "I am. The last time I drank this was like, more than 4 months ago with my best friend!"

He grinned cheekily and tapped with his finger against my glass. "Now you have it again. Drink well."
"I will!" I beamed and took another long sip.

Suddenly I recognized a for me well-known ringtone.

It was 'Dutch Pay' by Phantom [A/N: sorry, but guys, I love this song] and I crawled over to the pool edge and got out of the water quickly.
It was indeed my phone.

My phone was in my clutch?!...

I dried my hands with my towel and also the left side of my ear before taking the call. "Yeobeoseyo?"

"Yeunja dear? Where are you? Are you still at the pool?" my dad asked and I nodded, seeing Jiho coming out of the water.

"Yes, I was at the pool bar, taking a drink..." I looked back at Jiho.

Wh-what- Why does his body look so good?! I shook myself slightly and tried to pull my gaze somewhere else than Jiho's flat, pretty and yummy looking belly.

"Yeunja? Yeunja ah? Can you hear me?" my father spoke and I blinked. "Ah yeah, I was....ehm, what did you say?"

"Are you drunk?...Yeunja!" he almost screamed and I held the phone away, turning back to my deck chair, also sitting back on it.

"No, appa! I just had one drink...I was just...Just tell me what you said!" I rolled my eyes and got an answer rapidly of the adult on the other line. "I was asking if you want to join me and Heesok tomorrow. We're going into a restaurant here for lunch."

Okay, so Heesok and he are inviting me. How nice! Yet I agreed and he thanked me gladly. "But...when will you come back?"

"Yes, yes. And I'll come later, okay?" I groaned and Jiho sat down too while my dad replied. "What time?"

"About 11pm. Fine with that?" I raised an eyebrow and as if he saw it, he huffed. "Just don't come back in the morning."

"Kay, see you." I ended the call and looked back and Jiho. "Fathers are annoying."

"I know that already." he growled and I laid down on the chair. "And now I have to eat with my sister, too! I already know that she'll be nagging at the waiters. I-it's just Heesok..."

He smiled up at me. "Don't worry...Look, I got your drink here! Smile again!"

I chuckled at his cuteness and took a long sip. "Thank you."

"For what? Not letting money slip just like that? Bringing you your drink?" Jiho pursed his lips and I put my red drink back on the little table between our deck chairs. "For being more normal than my family."

"Aaaww~" he touched his "heart" and I shook my head with a grin.

I tapped my nails on the armrest. "Wanna get another drink after this one?"

"Want to get drunk that much?" he pointed out and I lightly hit him by leaning over the little table. He was lucky, he dodged to the other side.

I shook my head, drinking my Red Energy. "Brat."

"Who's the brat here, brat? Nagging about her family..."

I pouted exaggeratedly and nibbled on my drink even more. "You make me go all hard drinking from frustration."

Loudly Jiho sighed and drank his own. "Hmm, let me taste yours."

"And I'll get yours." I carefully passed it over to him and Jiho gave his to me.

I took a soft sip and clicked my tongue, tasting it. "Too much alcohol for me in this...but the flavor all in all is very nice. What about mine?"

"Yah! This is too sweet! Grow some balls and buy pure vodka next time!" Jiho scolded harshly and I put his drink back on the table, obviously hurt. "M-mwo?"

"You heard me." he held the drink in my direction and I expected him to be all "Just kidding! It's okay!" but no, Jiho just took back his drink and took long gulps.

I blinked and drank mine, looking forward at the pool.

I heard loud noises next to me and saw Jiho stifling his laugh by holding his fist against his mouth. "Sorry, sorry, I can't stay honest!" he then started laughing loudly and inhaled again, "Your drink's really tasty! I'm going to get this, too, right after this one. It's really sweet, just like you ~"

I blushed as I noticed his compliment. Good thing it was dark outside...

"What about your mom? Didn't she come along?" Jiho changed the subject and my red ears disappeared quickly. "Uhm, no. She isn't here. She died in a car accident when I was like, three years old. I don't remember, but my father told me."

"Oh...Yeu-Yeunja ah, I'm sor-"

"Don't be." I looked at him, "Why is everybody saying he or she's sorry when it's not even their fault?" I rolled my eyes and almost finished my drink while Jiho shook his head. "No, I just brought it up. I really feel sorry. I do have a mom, but she was never there for me, not even now."

I bit the corner of my lip. "Now I feel sorry..."

"See?" he laughed, "You can't feel not sorry for somebody."

Shrugging I stood up. "Next drink?"

He nodded, standing up and we went inside the warm water again, getting the same drink I got just some minutes ago.

 

  AUTHOR NOTE;   early saturday update, then no sunday update
but tonight is my cousin's birthday and i'll be coming along and welllllll
im some drink-head
comment and sub, i love youuu ~ 8{DD ♥