#four

In Cinderella's Shadow

-Texts

I yawned as I pressed the elevator's button, leaning my whole body against the poor machine.

I took a nap after lunch and came here to work again. I had slept for exactly two hours yesterday night. Sometimes, my job was rather killing than working.

The elevator made a silent ping-tone and opened its doors for me.

Literally falling into it, happy I was on my own right now, I drove upwards.

Good K.G. International had three elevators in total and also a staircase nobody used, except they where just going down one story, but it was rare.

I tugged on the end of my back see-through tiger printed shirt as I firmly once more pushed the button for the forty-sixth story

I stumbled out of the elevator and sauntered into my room, being welcomed my Jonggyu. "Hey there, princess~"

"Hmmh." I mumbled and pulled my hair back because my head hung this low, Jonggyu seemed to see my depressed mood. "Why so messy, Miss always-fab-dressed. Not that this doesn't look good, everything does on you, but girl, you rarely wear your black Versace jeggings. You rarely wear jeggings at all."

"I'm sleepy, go to work, Gyu." I carefully rubbed my tired eyes, trying not to smudge my make-up.

"Sorry, why actually?" Jonggyu asked and I sighed, stunning my hands on my hips as I pulled out three files from one of my many shelves. "I was having a major designer's block just yesterday evening, later on it was suddenly 3.30am...and then I got some ideas but I think they're crappy because my eyes wanted to sleep and I think my hands worked but I practically didn't see what I did, so, I should check if I didn't just take some other ideas or things."

He just stared at me for some time. "...Suddenly? 3.30?" was all he could say and I rolled my eyes with a soft chuckle. "Yes, sorry, you know I'm such a person when it comes to work."

Rubbing his jaw, Jonggyu disappeared into his little office. "That seems right."

I shook my head at his cute frown that appeared on his forehead before he left and went back to work.

"Let's take a look~"

I tapped my chin and searched for similar things from yesterday night, but it didn't seem that much, actually, not at all.

But all my drawings were messy, no, I couldn't scan it in like that.

My hair quickly got a bun and I bit my pencil for some seconds before erasing half of the little delineation.

This will take hours...I'm not having any ideas at all!

A knock was heard and I looked up.

My boss was looking at me. Every work and layer got it's own boss, for me it was Yang Moonri. She stepped in without saying anything.

"You know what I told you on Friday?" she asked with a raised eyebrow and I nodded. "In the upcoming week will come three requests..."

"Here you go, the time you have to be done with it stands on the inside of every folder. Hurry up with it."

My little smile that was left disappeared conclusively. "B-but I still have to do the one from two weeks ago."

"I said, hurry up." Moonri spat and left. She knew I was Kang Gabdo's daughter, so she was deliberately mean towards me. Moonri must've thought if she treated me nicely they must suppose just because I'm the boss' daughter she was behaving like that, so, she didn't even start with it.

I couldn't understand that woman. I put all my effort into my works and I'm not lying when I say, all the customers that sent in the requests are very satisfied with my work.

Sadly, I had to live with that face of hers everyday...okay, except on Sundays.

____

"Yeonnie ah~" a sweet voice filled the room and peeked his head in. My mood went up again seeing my best friend.

"Short break?" Jonggyu asked and I stretched my back. "Yeahp~"

"Do you have dumplings again?" Jonggyu's eyes sparkled and I went over to my bag. "You know I always get them here for you...enjoy." I held it in his direction and with my little fork Jonggyu dug in happily, his face lightening up even more, if that was possible.

"Could you stay here for a second? I have to pee like hell." I confessed and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear while he put one thumb up, speaking with a full mouth. "Good luck! Wish you the best success!"

I slapped his shoulder and left for the toilet

____

As I came back, I saw the young male smirking sinisterly and I crossed my arms skeptically. "What did you do?..."

"Your husband texted you~" he cooed, holding up my Blackberry and I gasped.

"You just go to my phone when I get a message?!"

"It was annoying..." Jonggyu shrugged in innocent and I grasped it. "It only vibrates when...urgh!"

I checked the text and smiled.

Mallang sends you greeeeeeeeeeeeeets~ *meow*
so, now you have my number too, don't forget about the wedding!

I chuckled about the joke and put it back into my pocket.

"I want to see my son-in-law..." Jonggyu started suddenly and I blinked at him.

"What the he- d-did you check the message, too?!

"I was being curious as always..." once again, he just shrugged. Sometimes I just wanted to...

No, don't waste you power on him, you know he's stronger than you...

"Please don't hurt me! I'm just a loving daddy who wants the first love of her daughter to be perfect and stuff!" He begged, even folding his hands and I opened my hair bun. "Sometimes I wish you were my father."

"I wish so, too, my Yeonnie ah~" Jonggyu hugged me from the side, but let go immediately. "Well...are you meeting that guy often?"

"I just saw him twice!" I almost shouted right into his ears and he took a wide step to the left. "Calm down, girl...Just wanted to know."

"Now you know."

"Thank you~" he hollered and went over to the door. "I'll come back in two hours, babey~"

"Do that, babey~" I emphasized it the same way he did and we both laughed heartedly before he closed the door ultimately.

 

  AUTHOR NOTE;  so, this is the next update
liked it? hated it?
am i putting in too many brands names? idk, but she's is rich, yes, so she went shopping in all these biyach-expensive malls and idek

well, COMMENT AND SUB, PLEASE
*spreading love like a retard* ♥