#thirty-eight

In Cinderella's Shadow

-Explanation

you;

I sighed sleepily and swirled around in bed, waking up.

Jiho wasn't next to me, so I sat up while blinking slowly. My top was soaked in sweat and I hadn't got any other shirt with me.

I groaned loudly but I saw Jiho's plaid shirt on the floor. I smiled and picked it up, also putting on my bra I found in front of his closet.

My hand ruffled through my hair and I turned around, bumping into Jiho.

"Morning, Yeonnie ah~" he cooed cutely and I smiled, beaming up at him. "To you, too, Jiho. How did you sleep?"

"Perfect..." he whispered and kissed my lips shortly. "Are you hungry? Let's eat something."

He took my hand and entwined our fingers quickly, swinging them around.

We walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen but Jiho kept his glance on me. His smile reached his eyes. "You look cute in my huge plaid shirt."

"I do?" I stretched it lightly and Jiho nodded, biting his lips.

I sighed as I walked towards him with a blissful smile. "Jiho?"

"Hm?" he put his hand around my back and I laid my head down on his chest. "I...can't...walk."

He laughed loudly and I hit him. "I made love two times last night! That's not funny!"

"You wanted it, you could've just said 'no'." Jiho pecked my lips and I shrugged. "Hmm, well, but I wanted to~"

Our foreheads met and I smiled in daze and the same did Jiho. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the beautiful silence between us.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and Jiho looked its way. "Who's ing disturbing my perfect moment right now?"

He kissed my temple before going towards the door. He opened it and stared at something.

"Dongsaeng ah!" two hands wrapped around him shortly and the person entered.

"Oh...hyung." Jiho spoke and I heard a voice I knew already.

He looked into the kitchen and greeted me with a cheeky smile. "Hello, gir- hold the up. Aren't you the girl Jiho ah was jealous of when I touched her?"

"What?" Jiho and I said at the same time and looked at each other.

"Jiseok hyung!" Jiho whined and stamped with his feet, but his brother just smirked once more. "Are you dating?"

I blushed madly and Jiho walked over to me, sliding his arm around my back. "We are...please don't embarrass me in front of her."

"Hey, Yeunja, right? Did you know that your Jiho once had- owh!" Jiseok glared a this younger sibling who cut him with his elbow hard.

"Don't believe anything he tells you."

"He really, really loves you, Yeunja sshi." Jiseok softened and Jiho chuckled. "Oh well, that is true."

I beamed brightly and he kissed my temple once more. Jiseok held up his hands. "Don't...don't do anything in front of me, please."

Jiho laughed heartily. "Hyung, you need to get a girl, too."

Jiseok scratched his neck awkwardly. "Well, you have to know, there's that one girl..."

"Alright." Jiho and I nodded in unison and smiled.

____

"For both of us latte." Jiho smiled and the waitress left with a grin.

"Hey, you haven't told me how the competition went? It's over by now, right? I haven't seen the results in the newpaper or TV. You won, right? You better should~"

I shook my head and ran my hand through my hair. "No...but I'm on the fifth place...so actually the last place in the last roun-"

"YOU ARE THE FIFTH PLACE AND YOU'RE UNSATISFIED?! ARE YOU INSANE?! Yeonnie ah! This is crazy! Congrats, babe!" Jiho smiled madly and I blushed.

"Kang Yeunja, we have to celebrate that!" he nodded wildly and I chuckled, crossing my legs. "And how shall we celebrate, Woo Jiho?"

He bit his lip softly, wiggling his eyebrows then. My mouth formed a big but silent "O" and I looked to the other side. "I knew that would come from you now."

"I was kidding! Uhm~ Unless you-"

"Jiho!"

"KIDDING!" he almost shouted and I laughed shortly. "Let's just make a beautiful evening. Drinking some vine or I don't know.-"

"And then we'll-"

"Do you want me to punch you?" I held up my fist and Jiho sweetly chuckled. "I love to annoy you."

I shook my head. "This won't be good for your health sooner or later."

Jiho narrowed his eyes at me and I tilted my head, shrugging.

"Pardon me, are you the daughter of Kang Gabdo, K.G. International's boss?" a woman asked and I turned to face her.

"Ehm, yes. Why?" I wondered and she held out a file with a smile. "I work there, too. I wonder why we never met. I'm a colleague of your father and this is a file he urgent needs to get. I forgot to bring it to him yesterday at work. Oh, by the way, my name is Shin Jinah."

I stood up and bowed, shaking her hand shortly. "Ah neh...and what do you want me to do?"

"Could you maybe lead me to your house, so I can give it to him, since that document is really important, and maybe he'll be angry if I give it to him only Tuesday since I don't work on Mondays." Shin Jinah explained and I nodded, fishing my phone out of my purse. "Just a second please."

I dialed my father's number and gladly he picked up.

"Appa? Are you home?"

"Neh, I am. Why are you calling?" he asked and I looked at her from the corner of my eye. "Here's a woman. Her name is Shin Jinah. She said there's a file she wants to hand to you."

There was a silence until I heard a snapping sound. "Ah! Right! I already forgot! I told her to search you since you said you were in downtown. Just come over for a second!"

"Alright! See you, appa!" I smiled into the phone as I turned around. The woman stared at me and shrugged her shoulders. "And?"

"My father's home, we can just come over." I nodded with a grin, "Better we get a cab to get us home...Unless you have a car with you, Shin Jinah sshi."

She shook her head and Jiho took my hand. "Then let's go~"

Jiho quickly called a cab for the three of us and we entered.

Jiho sat down on the left side, I was in the middle and Jinah was on my right.

"So~ shall I order some food for tonight? Chinese? Italian? What do you want?" Jiho asked me and I shrugged slightly. "I don't know...but I tend to Italian today."

"Or should I book an expensive restaurant again?~" he played with our finger and I hit him hard. "Yah!"

We both laughed and fell silent some minutes after that.

____

Jiho paid the cab driver and we arrived at our house. I searched hysterically for my keys but gave up. " happens today, god."

I rang on the doorbell and we heard movements, shortly after that my dad opened the door smiling at me, then at Jinah.

His face changed dramatically. "H-Hyunsook ah..."

Suddenly the atmosphere was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. My dad was literally glaring her down. "What...what are you doing here?"

She handled him the file. "A Shin Jinah gave me this...and told me to search for Yeunja ah."

I always glanced between those two and gulped, continuing to listen.

"You've been gone for nineteen years! What are you doing here?!" my father yelped and I jerked back. Jiho entwined our fingers and I blinked. "Yah..."

Both of them looked at me and I saw the older woman tearing up.

"Wh-who are you...?" I gulped loudly and she looked over to my father whose head hung low. "Tell her, Gabdo."

He was quiet for what seemed like an eternity before he looked into my eyes. "She's your mother...your real one."

My jaw dropped to the floor and let out a stagnant breath. "Appa, you told me she's dead..."

He shook his head. "I didn't want you to hate her, so I told you and Heesok ah that she's dead. She left when you were almost one year old and Heesok almost five."

I shook my own head with a sigh. "Is this serious?"

Hyunsook and my father nodded and I walked inside my house, pulling Jiho along.

I stamped up the stairs with Jiho on one hand. "I can't believe this! My father lied to me...And not just a small lie...My mother's still alive."

"You two look...alike." Jiho muttered and I groaned loudly, falling onto my bed. "Why is this my life?!"

"Hey..." Jiho sat down next to me while I faced the wall. "Don't you want to talk to them? At least for some minutes? Give them a chance, they're...your parents."

I straightened up and sighed, looking into his eyes. "Just...just...why did she go?"

He nodded towards the door. "Ask them, not me."

I got up and held out my hand. "Please come with me..."

Jiho smiled softly and slid his hand into mine.

 

  AUTHOR NOTE;   a weeeeee appearance of Jiseok oppa again ~ :3
how was this? OMG OMG OMG DAFUQ
I MADE DEAD PEOPLE COME TO LIFE AGAIN
I HAVE MAGIC HANDS :DD

 

DOUBLE UPDATE HURHUR :DD