Only Fools Rush In

It's Complicated

Na Young asked me what I ate on my lunch break. I felt ashamed to tell her what I've eaten, but it's my first official day as a trainee, right? I guess nothing would go wrong.

"Well, it's okay, but you have to watch your weight." She said, laughing. The vocal trainer soon arrived. I greeted him formally and he told me about how vocals are important and so on and so forth. We proceeded with some vocal warm-ups like the usual do-re-mis. Thankfully, my voice wasn't cracking.

"So first," she said, handing me a sheet of paper, which was the lyrics. "we have to determine your vocal abilities. We'll start of with an a capella You do know the song, right?" I looked at the copy and it was Elvis' Can't Help Falling In Love With You. I suddenly remembered how I used to sing this with the CSJH unnies before. Somehow, I felt pairs of eyes looking at me as I tried to study the song. Even if the others were in the opposite corner, I sure felt awkward. The trainer sat in the piano's bench and Na Young stood beside her. I gulped and started singing.

Wise men say, only fools rush in,
But I can't help falling in love with you.

"Okay, continue," the trainor say. As I sang, I hear them clap with the beat, as if they were actually enjoying. My nervousness was slowly being replaced by confidence.

Shall I stay? Would it be a sin?
Take my hand, take my whole life, too.
For I can't help falling in love with you.

"So far so good," I heard the trainer say, analyzing me.

Like a river flows, surely to the sea
Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life, too.
For I can't help, falling in love with you.

I finished the song, catching my breath, everyone was clapping.

"Yay!!" There were claps and cheers from behind. Even Na Young was clapping beside the trainer.

"Hm," she said, standing up. "Your vocals are pretty good for a trainee, but you gotta work with breathing in between lines. You look like you were going to run out of air." I hope the people behind me didn't hear that. "But, I gotta say, you got me surprised there." She also told me that my voice was good for doing a capellas. My prayers were heard and  Big Bang went out of the room. I was pretty uneasy singing with them around. We did some more of a capellas and I tried not to lose my breath. By the time practice ended, which was about two-thirty in the afternoon, my voice was shaky. I didn't realize 2NE1 left the room, too. 

"Since your practices during the weekdays are in the afternoon, am I right, Na Young?" She asked Na Young. She nodded in reply. "We'll have an hour and a half of vocal practice. You learn quite fast, Jiyonn." She said, smiling at me. Na Young gave me a thumbs-up. "Here's the song for tomorrow, be familiar with the lyrics, too." I looked at the copy and it was Hwayobi's Bye Bye Bye. Thank goodness I have this on my iPod. I thanked her and bowed as she left the room. 

"You're doing, good, Jiyonn!" Na Young said as we left the room. "So, I guess your schedule's over."

"What, really?" I said. "We didn't expect vocal training was this short, so you may take a rest for tomorrow afternoon or--"

"Can I still use my practice room?" I asked. I want to do some more practice.

"Hm, okay. Just don't overwork yourself. I'll be doing some dance teaching for now, is that okay? Oh wait, can I have your phone and home number, just in case." I give her mine and I ask for hers. 

"Okay, good luck!" I said as she headed downstairs. I went to my practice room, closing the door, plugged in my earphones to my iPod and listened to the song. It was pretty hard, but I managed to carry out some lines. I grew tired of what I am doing and decided to leave. 

Hey, it's me Jiyonn. I'm leaving now. My practice is at 1 tomorrow, right? :) I texted Na Young. Minutes later, she replied.

Yep. gud job 2day! looking forward 4 2mrw's practice! ;) take care, k? ^^ remember what u learned 2day

Thanks! :D take care, too! I replied, and left my practice room. I also texted Ji Sung if I can go their family's cafe today. I feel bad for not telling her about this. She later replied and told me it was okay. 

"Hi Jiyonn!" Dara said, walking with Ji Yong. I don't know what to do, honestly. I gave them each a low bow and greeted them. "You sang pretty well earlier," Dara commented and Ji Yong smiled.

"Thank you, unnie." I said, walking away, ignoring Ji Yong. I went straight to Ji Sung's cafe. She was at the door by the time I arrived.

"Guess what guess what guess what!!!" I said, running to her.

"Tell me about it inside! There's strawberry cheesecake for you!" She said, I greeted her parents when I came inside. The waiter gave me a huge slice of cheesecake when we sat in one corner. I told her about how YG called and how my day as a trainee went.

"Oh my gosh we should celebrate! I'm so happy for you!!" She was practically shouting across the room. "Strawberry smoothie?" I smiled. She knew one thing that'd always make me smile: anything strawberry. Strawberry-flavored ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, strawberry smoothie. I like anything strawberry. I also told her about meeting some of their artists

"So how are they??" She asked as I took a bite of the cheesecake.

"They're really kind. They even took me out for karaoke yesterday." I said, taking a huge sip on the smoothie. She squealed, shaking my shoulders. 

I leaned closer to her. "Don't tell anyone about this, okay? Even at school, do not tell." 

"Of course" She said. "Oh, oh, is Daragon real?"

All of a sudden, I felt my face redden. My heart started to beat faster. "I-I don't know." Like a guilty kid caught with his stolen candies, I looked away. No wonder they're always around each other. 

"But they look so cute onstage and offstage!" She pouted. "You should be friends with them, y'know. be closer to them." What she meant by 'them', I don't know, but I have nothing more to say about it. I just continued to eat my cake.

Maybe they are real, but who cares? I have no time for this. You don't have time for this, Jiyonn.  FOCUS! I thought.

We talked more for about an hour, and I went home after. Only the housekeeper was home so I decided to take a shower. I thought about what Ji Sung said. Real or not, I don't care. I have to focus on myself. 

And besides, only fools rush in.