Things are Getting Better

It's Complicated

A/N: Sorry for the super lack of updates! Summer's finally on the corner and ta-dah! A new chapter! Comments are greatly appreciated, thank you!


 
When I came home, the lights were on, but Mom and Dad were nowhere to be seen. On the dining room table, there was a note.
 
'We'll talk tomorrow, okay?'
 
I wasn't scared or anything, because I'm sure they got used to this a few years before. There are times wherein I'd arrive home at two in the morning, so I guess it's nothing that bad. And hey, I was pretty young then, so I guess it wouldn't be that bad. 
 
"Quit while it's still early." When he said that, I quickly got out of the car, and ran home. After thinking that he was kind for once, he's going to say that? Who does he think I am, anyway? I'm not going to quit just because of overworking myself. I'll show him, I'll show that idiot.
 
I wasn't able to sleep properly that night. Although tomorrow is a school holiday, I need to be up early. I sent a message to Ji Sung that I was home. 
 
When I came down for breakfast both my parents were there.
 
"Am I in trouble?" I asked. But, instead of saying 'yes, you are',  Dad just laughed.
 
"In trouble for what? Oh come on Jiyonn, don't be like that. Sit down, sit down."
 
First, I explained them about what happened. I got tired from training, stayed over at a "co-trainee"'s place, then went home. 
 
"Are you telling the truth? How come we didn't see this 'co-trainee' of yours?" Mom asked. My face became hot.
 
"Of course I am!" I replied. "I told my friend to drop me by the street because it was really late and I felt like I was being a bother." I didn't know where that came from but I know I meant what I said.
 
"Well okay, but we have to talk about your training hours."
 
"You're gonna cut me out of training? Oh come on Mom--"
 
"No, no, it's not that." My Dad replied, taking a sip from his coffee. "We're thinking of, well, letting you live closer there."
 
"You're kicking me out?" I asked.
 
"No not that." Mom replied, "You silly girl. We're thinking of letting you stay at Hapjeong-Dong, you know."
 
"I remember buying an apartment somewhere a few blocks from YG Ent's building, and we haven't been there for so long. And now that you are back training, we're thinking of letting you use it."
 
I was speechless for one moment, and next thing I know, I was starting to cry. "Oh Mom, Dad!"
 
"We figured now was the right time since I was thinking of selling it." Dad explained. "But since you're training and coming home very late, we might as well keep it."
 
I gave them both a huge hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I promise I won't let you down!"
 
"Just don't bring over any guy or something--"
 
"O-Of course!" I replied, stuttering. "Do you think I'm that kind of person?"
 
"Keep the house clean, okay? And do your best."
 
"Oh, thanks you guys! I don't really know what to say but I will surely do my best!"
 
"We'll take you there as soon as we got free time." Mom said.
 
After eating breakfast, Dad left for work and Mom went to catch up with some of her former patients. I decided to go to practice, feeling better or not. Some trainees still show up despite being overworked, all for their dream to be a singer. It'd be unfair in my part if I don't show up just because I fainted once, right?
 
But as soon as I arrive on the YG headquarters, I heard someone yell. "Hey, you! Stop there!" Thinking I'm not related to that or whatever, I continued walking to the main entrance when suddenly someone grabbed my arm.
 
"What the--" I looked over my shoulder and found Ji Yong holding my arm, taking deep breaths.
 
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I shrieked, trying to shake off my arm. But darn him and his strong hands. 
 
"Are you crazy or something?" He said, pulling me to a corner. "You just fainted yesterday and now you're back to work. What are you trying to accomplish, exactly?"
 
"That is none of your business, okay? I can come to training whenever I want, so back off!" I said, pulling my arm away. 
 
He looked at me straight in eye, dead serious. 
 
What have I gotten myself in to, seriously?
 
"After the way you treated me last night, I thought you were really kind and sincere, but then you told me to just quit. Do you even know how much I wanted this? So don't bother to ask me why I'm rude to you. I will forgive you as my senior but I'm never forgiving you as a person, you understand?" I never knew at that time I was already crying, but to hell with it. I was too annoyed to even notice it. 
 
"Hey wait--" Ji Yong said, chasing after me.
 
"Stay away, please? Even just for now." I said, then walked as fast as I could to he building.
 
When I arrived at the practice room, I dropped my bag and lay down. This is getting crazier. Geez. Now I felt like quitting for good. I can't stand being bombarded by that idiot of my senior everyday. I can't stand by these thoughts in my head. A few minutes ago, I was so frustrated because I wanted this so bad, and now I feel frustrated (again) because I want to quit. It's so ironic, and come to think about it, I haven't fully recovered from fainting.
 
"Good morning there," Just then, Na Young entered the room, carrying the CD player and her sports bag. I feel bad for Na Young if I quit, I guess. All this time, she's been so kind to me and she puts a lot of effort in training. Honestly, she's more like a sister to me that just my trainer. 
 
"Hey there." I said, getting up. "So, what are we going to do today? Singing or dancing?"
 
"Listen," she replies, "I kind of want to talk to you." She says in a more serious tone. 
 
"What's going on? Am I in some kind of trouble or something?"
 
"Not exactly." She replied. "Well, let's just say it's about your health. I was informed that you are overworking yourself."
 
That idiot of a senior Kwon Ji Yong. I swear when I see him this afternoon, I will--
 
"Tell me, Jiyonn, are you?" She asked, really worried.
 
After some moments of awkward silence, I decided to speak up.
 
"It's been so long since I entered a practice room and sung. I don't really know why I'm being like this, but knowing that you have another opportunity to sing and dance again is overwhelming. Since I started practicing, my mind was all 'Practice more', 'Sing more' and 'Dance more' that maybe I did ignore my health... It's just that, chances like these rarely happen and I..." Little did I know, I was tearing up again. 
 
"I've been through hell after I decided to quit. People started judging me as a coward for backing out so soon. I tried to live with it, and I did. When I got that call from YG, at first I was just cool about it. Then I realized, this was my chance. My second chance to prove that I'm no coward..."
 
"It's okay. I understand you now." Na Young said, embracing me, her warmth calming me down. "Just remember that you're not the only one being affected by your actions. I, for an example, am worried about this because I am your trainer and I don't want my trainee dragging her body across the room so that she could debut. Your parents are being affected as well, everyone. They're all rooting for your success, and I'm sure they can wait for that, and so can you."
 
Hearing her say that makes my crying worse. "I'm sorry unnie. Your shirt is really soaked..."
 
"Naw, it's okay." She gave me some time to calm myself down before we start. We just had some vocal training and a few lessons on dance. As much as possible, I wasn't going to strain myself with the activities. Practice ended a little bit past 6. Because I have classes tomorrow, Na Young told me that I can start practice at 3 and end at 6. She's really, really considerate and that just inspired me to continue with this training.
 
"Thank you so much unnie," I said before we left the practice room. "What you said was an eye-opener, I don't even think my thank you's can suffice. Really!"
 
"You're very welcome, just keep that in mind, though. You're only on your first few months." She replied, smiling, before we parted ways. I was cranky this morning, but after this afternoon's practice session, I find myself peaceful again. No more overworking.
 
No more annoying senior who threatens me to quit.
 
No more...
 
Drat. Darn it. All the curses in this world. Of all the people I have to see on the streets. Could it just be Park Shi Hoo or someone else?
 
"Hi there." Ji Yong said, taking a gulp of his soda.
 
"Good evening." I replied, bowing.
 
"I'm sorry." He said, and I stopped walking for whatever reason. He? Apologized? To me?
 
"For the way I acted earlier, and yesterday. I know, I'm such an idiot of a senior, but please. Just this one, I'm sorry."
 
"Wait wait wait. It's I who should be apologizing, not you." I reply, calmly. 
 
"No!" He said, taking my arm all of a sudden. He realizes this and sighed. "Perhaps we could talk about this over dinner?"
 
"Me?" I dumbly asked. What is going on? He tells me to quit, then someone told Na Young about my situation (which I suspect is him), and now he apologizes and asks me to talk with him over dinner.
 
Are things finally getting better for me?
 
I do hope so. And I hope that someday, I meet Park Shi Hoo on the street.