Chapter 40

Akuma No Sekai 2

Mai:


I shocked awake. Another dream about Sayumi. "Sapporo?" I asked myself while I looked out of the window and saw the bright light of the sun. "Nightmare?" Ryosuke asked. I looked to the door opening and saw him standing. Did he hear me? How long was he standing there? I don't know. I looked to blanket. "She's alive" I then said. "What?" Ryosuke asked me, not understanding what I mean. "Sayumi's alive" I then said again. He looked at me understandable. "Let it rest, Mai" He said and then turned around to the living room. I stepped out of my bed and also walked into the living room. "I know she is alive" I said and he turned around. "Oh yeah?! What makes you so sure?" He yelled at me. I couldn't tell him about the dream right? "It's-" I said as I looked to the ground "It's a feeling" I told him. He smirked. "A feeling?" He asked. "Sayumi is dead, Mai... Keep it rest!" He told. "I can't!" Now I was the one who yelled. "I know she isn't dead, Ryo!" "And you're basing that on a feeling!" He looked at me really mad. "It's not like that" I told him with tears in my eyes. "Then what is it!" He yelled. I looked to the ground. "See? You're also not sure... She is dead, Mai!" He told again. "No, she isn't..." I said "We never saw her die, did we?" "We did!" He answered me. "No! She disappeared, only we never saw her die, Ryosuke". I also saw tears in his eyes, mixed with madness. "That's just the demon way of dying!" He yelled. No, I know she wasn't dead. The dreams I had just seemed so alive. "I don't understand you" He told me. "First you hate her but when she's dead you're starting to like her? First someone should give her life for yours before you can like that person, Is that it?". I stood shocked in from of him while I saw he left a tear go down. "You blame me" I said "You still blame me, which is why we never talked about her before now". He turned his head away and cleaned his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt. "We could have saved her if we were there earlier" He told me while he sat down on the cough. "We can still save her" I told him while I get a flashback of a dream I had.

"Kill her!" he said as another guy, or must I say demon, came in the hot room.

He looked at me. "You don't understand it, right? She is dead, Mai and won't come back anymore... I decided to not to think about it anymore but you keep mention it! How can I forget it as you still keep talking about it and why now? Why not two years ago?". "I'm sorry" I sadly told him as he stood up. "This is the last time we talked about her okay?" He asked and walked to the door. "I'm gonna get us some meat" He said and I know what he meant by that. The day before we didn't get meat in the store, cause then we could take more of the other stuff. Why taking something with us while we also can get it in the woods. There a lot of animals walking around here. Luckily I'm not the one who should catch them. I heard the door closing as I looked out of the window and saw him leave. I sighed. It's really hard for him. I let Sayumi 'die'. I'm quite sure she isn't dead. I don't know but I just have this feeling. I still looked at Ryosuke and he disappeared in the woods and I could only think about one thing. 'I will bring Sayumi back, for Ryosuke'. I turned around and opened all the closets but didn't found what I was looking for. I walked into the room and looked under the bed. But still I didn't found it. I also opened all the closets in the bedroom but still nothing. I went back to the living room and removed the pillow of the bank, where after I removed the plank what was under there. I watched but it also wasn't under the bank. I sighed and almost gave it up when I caught my eye on something. 'Is that plank loose?' I grabbed to the plank and removed it carefully. 'It is'. I saw a small box behind the plank. 'Ryosuke really is smart' I thought as I opened the box. "Got'cha" I said and cleaned everything in the room and went outside.