Chapter 43

Akuma No Sekai 2

Mai:

It was pretty cold. I felt how my body shivered from the cold. The sun was still shining a bit, but since it was winter it was very cold. I walked through the town, looking around to see if I wasn't followed by any demons. I felt so cold that I barely could hold the knife what was in my left hand. I walked to a sign to look where I was. I held my finger on the arrow that said: You're here and followed the line, what supposed to be the road with my finger. 'I'm almost out of Kyoto'. Did I walk that much already? I didn't see any demons yet. I wondered where they were. I still looked at the sign and wondered if there are demons in the next city I come. 'I should prepare myself' I thought and walked further while thinking about Ryosuke. Did he already found out I was gone? Was he looking for me already? I hoped not. I hoped he just stayed inside till I came back. Though I knew it will take weeks until I came back. Did he know I took the knife? Did he know it? I looked at it in my hands and remembered I even didn't know how to use it. Sayumi just cut through the throat right? Nothing special. I was holding my hand with the knife in front of me and looked at it. Suddenly I felt something dripping on my head. 'Is it starting to rain?'. I looked up to the sky and saw the white dust fall down. 'Snow?' I looked in front of me again and decided to walk further. 'Maybe I should find a place to stay? I can't walk day and night in the snow...'. I had the feeling I already walked for days, though I knew it only was a few hours. I thought about Ryosuke. He must been back already... I wondered what he was doing. Was he looking for me? I hoped he wasn't. He should spare his power for the demons not for looking after me. How longer I thought about him, how more I missed him. "I'm sorry, brother" I said to him, though I knew he could never hear it. I felt bad for him because I left him behind. I walked a little faster. I did this for him... The faster I walk the faster I'll find Sayumi. I knew where she was and I hoped she will stay there for a little more, just... until I find her. I didn't want to sleep, I wanted to walk the whole night. But I knew I had to find a place where I could sleep. Also that is the only way to know where Sayumi is. Maybe she already left that house... I turned to my left and walked to the house I looked at. Lucky for me I walked in a street with houses where no one lives anymore. Probably they are killed or just ran away. I walked to the front door and open the door. The door was just open? I didn't even have to break in. It was dark inside. With my hand I felt at the wall to find the light button, when I found it I pushed it and it took a few second for the lamp to react. I waited and the light went on. I walked inside. No one was there. The chairs were lying on the floor and it was like a cat scratched the couch. I wondered what happened. I didn't see any bodies? I decided to walk upstairs to see if I can find a bed for myself. I already prepared myself for dead bodies to find in one of the rooms. I opened one of the doors and was surprised not to see any dead bodies. Instead I found a totally clean bedroom. The bed was made up beautifully and the window had beautiful white curtains before it. It looked like a princess room. In contrast to the living room is this bedroom pretty clean. Like nothing happened in this house before. Like demons didn't exists. I went to the window and looked out of it. No one was on the street. No humans, no demons... No one. Like I was the only person on Earth. I turned around and moved the blanket of the bed and stepped inside. Maybe it was a little too early to sleep, It wasn't even very dark yet, but I needed to know more about Sayumi, about the place where she was and it was warm inside the house. I decided to sleep early, so that I can leave in morning again. I went in bed and fell asleep with the knife next to me while holding my hand on it.