Chapter 47

Akuma No Sekai 2

Mai:

Slowly I turned around and faced him. The one who spotted me first. He must have seen me then and came to get me. He will kill me. He didn't look like a supernatural creature. He looked like a 20 year old guy. He was pretty. "How do you know my name?" I said and was surprised by myself that I said it without stuttering. I sounded like someone who wasn't scared. But I was. I was scared as Hell. Who was this guy? "Everyone knows..." He said. I didn't know what he meant by that. Everyone knows my name? "...You're the daughter and sister of two demon hunters... We all know who you are..." So he is a demon. "You... are a demon...?" I asked him. He looked down and then looked at me again. His eyes were black. I mean real black. Even the white in his eyes were black now. 'So this is how real demon eyes look?'. Then why were Sayumi's eyes red? I a dream I saw her looking into a mirror and she had red eyes. I thought that were the real eyes of demons. "... What are you going to do with that...?" He asked looking at the knife in my hands. I held it tight; I didn't want to lose it. "That doesn't belong to you, right?". I didn't say anything. "A girl like you shouldn't walk with a knife on street, you can hurt yourself" He says as he wants to grab the knife. I lifted it and he stood still. "Maimai, it’s not even yours... You should be careful with that, you doesn't know what is does. It isn't a human weapon". No a human weapon? What did he mean by that? I knew it was Sayumi's but... "Give me the knife Maimai..." He said and I shook my head. "It isn't yours either" I said "I'll bring it back to the owner". He smiled. "That's me, Maimai. The knife belongs to me". Him? Then how did Sayumi get it? "You're lying" I yelled. "It belongs to Hell, It wasn't meant to be for Earth, Maimai. Sayumi took it before she left Hell. It is supposed to be in Hell Mai.". I shook my head. "You're lying!" I yelled again. "Give it to me, Maimai!" He said with a mad tone. I shook my head and lifted the knife more. 'This will be a good training' I thought and pierced it through the heart of the demon. He made a weird sound but didn't die. There wasn’t even blood coming out of his mouth. 'Wrong way' I thought as I thought about the way how Sayumi did it. I pulled the knife out of his body and cut his throat. I saw the cut in his throat but he was still alive. 'Damn it!' I thought. "See, you don't know how to use it" he told as I did it another time, but this time it worked. I cut his head off which fell on the ground. Blood came all over my clothes and into my hair. I turned around and the other demons didn't seem to notice so I took a run. I knew I couldn't kill them all. I took a long run until I left the town and came by another sign. It already became dark again and didn't want to sleep. First I had to leave that city.