Chapter 39

Akuma No Sekai 2

Sayumi:

"So... those hunters are killing the demons?" He asked. I nodded. Surprised that he never heard about hunters before. But luckily for me because he also don't know how to make a trap. I asked for it earlier but he said that he didn't know you could make traps for them. He asked be to do it but I said I also can't do it what t I didn't lie. Demons can't make traps or they will be trapped. I looked around. He had a really big house. A villa. He stood up and walked to the kitchen. "You want something to drink?" He asked. I shook my head. I also stood up and walked to the window. I stared out of the window. I heard he walked behind me. "What happened?" He asked me. I turned around, wondering what he meant. I gave him my 'hah?' look. "You're a hunter... without a weapon... Didn't know where you was..." "I still don't know where I am" I sighed "I only know I should find my friends back, if they're still alive". He took a sip of his drink. "That's no answer on my question" He said. "I don't know what happened" I lied "I just wake up in this town without any weapons and want to find my friends back". I didn't tell him I was in Hell. Of course I didn't told, if he finds out I'm a demon he might kill me. Though he isn't a hunter and probably didn't hold any weapons yet. "You're friends... Are they hunters?" He asked. I nodded. "He is... He became a hunter to protect his sister... The only thing they have is each other" I told. "And you" He said. I shook my head. "They probably think I'm dead, I've been missing for two years already" I said, wondering if I didn't said too much. "You woke up after two years?" He asked and I just nodded. Though I know I didn't slept the past two years. "Maybe they left you behind, thinking you’re dead" He mentioned but I shook my head. I turned around again and looked out of the window. "I just need to find them" I said. He walked closer to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "You're leaving?" he asked and I nodded. "But it's save her and your friends might be dead already". I turned my head around. "Maybe, but I want to be sure... I want to know what happened to them" I said. He sighed. "Well, if that's what you want, I think I can't let you stay her, thought I barely saw living humans around here". He called me human? So he didn't notice a thing. I nodded. "I'm sorry" I told and he gave me a smile. "But can you tell me now where I am?" I asked as he still smiled. "Sapporo" He said. I stood shocked. That far away from Ryosuke's birthplace? "Where do you think your friends are?" He asked. "If they're still alive, then Kyoto" I said. "That's a one week walk". I nodded. "I know..." I said. "You're not going to walk that, right?" He asked me. Whatever, I don't sleep so it will be only a few days for me. "I don't see why not, we don't have a car, do we?" I asked and he smiled. "I do" he said and I already looked happy. "But no fuel". Aah... why?! My smile disappeared already. "Well, go to sleep now..., you must be tired" He told me.

He told me I could have my own bedroom as long as I stayed there. The house was really big and had four bedrooms, but no shower... Well, there was a bathroom but the shower didn't work... It was a town of course and there weren't people anymore, He was the only one who lived there. He told me he washed himself in the lake nearby. I went upstairs to my bedroom but of course I didn't sleep. I just was up whole the night while looking out of the window, thinking about Ryosuke and Mai. "Where are you, guys?" I asked myself, staring to the moon.