Chapter 55

Akuma No Sekai 2

Sayumi:

What was she talking about? I didn't understand. Did she mean...? No, she couldn't know that right. I decided to ask. "What happened?". Her eyes were still wet. She cried in her sleep. Maybe she just had a bad dream or something. "My.. brother really likes you.." she said. "That's why I came to get you..." I looked away. "How did you know my place anyway?" I asked her. I still wanted to know. "The same reason as I know that you kissed that bastard... And maybe even more..." I looked her way again, shocked. How did she know? "D- did you do it?" She said shaking, while not looking at me. "W- what?" I asked, since I didn't understand. She looked at me, still with teary eyes and was really mad. I could see she was mad. "IT!" She said loudly, almost screaming. It was quiet for a while. "The thing you do when you want to go further then only kissing!" She said again, still mad. I understood what she meant and answered her honestly. "No..." I said. "Don't lie! He touched you everywhere!" I shocked when she said that and looked her way. How did she know? "So it is true?" She asked and it was quiet for a while. "He did... But, we didn't go any further. We didn't do it!" I told. It was the truth though. "He touched you!" She was still mad. "I pushed him away from me and went upstairs, I didn't see him anymore till you came! Nothing happened, really!" I told her the truth, but I still didn't understand how she could knew this. "How... could you know...?" I asked her. "I know everything about you..." She said. "Ever since you possessed me... I know everything...". I didn't understand. "What...? What do you mean?" I asked. At that moment the car door went open and Jun stepped inside. Mai soon wiped her tears off. "It's becoming dark already, I think we should stop and go further tomorrow" he said and started driving. I just nodded, still in shock off my conversation with Mai.

After 15 minutes Jun stopped the car again. In front of a house. "Let's stay here." He said. "What if there are people living?" I asked. He sighed. "Everyone is dead already... We are the only people here." How could he be so sure? Did he know this town? Jun stepped out of the car and we did the same. Mai didn't say anything this whole time. She must be really mad. I looked at her while she walked past me. "I'm sorry." I said, what made her stop walking. "But... I thought... you were dead... I though both of you were dead." I felt tears coming up. "How were you so sure." she asked. "You know we won't let ourselves die. You know Ryosuke wouldn't let us die." I nodded. "I'm sorry." "And what... What if we were dead? Then you will just forget him and take the first man you'll meet?" I shocked of her words and shook my head fast. "I- I didn't mean to." "Yeah, right." She said as she walked to the front door, where Jun is already waiting. I followed them. Jun opened the door and we stepped inside. Jun felt with his hand at the wall and the light went on. How did he know where the switch was? Did he know this house already? The house looked pretty old. I looked into the hallway. I saw a few paintings hanging and a mirror. They must all be pretty old. We just walked inside, through the hallway until I couldn't walk any further. Like there was something that doesn't want me in. An invisible wall. I wanted to turn around but I couldn't go back anymore either. "What's happening?" I said quietly.