Chapter 49

Akuma No Sekai 2

Mai:

I walked in the snow. It was snowing pretty hard and it really slowed me down. There was a hard wind gust and it blew the snow all in my face. I held my hand before my face and walked further along. I saw in the corner of my eye a sign and walked towards it. I removed the snow off of the sign and saw I was also almost out this city. I held my finger on Saporro and saw I was almost there. 'If I walk the whole night, I can be there by tomorrow morning' I thought and decided to walk the rest of the night. It became already dark and I was very hungry, then I remembered I haven’t eaten for one week already. I hoped I could take it till Saporro.
I felt really tired and very cold, but most of all I was hungry. It became morning already. I thought it must be like six 'O clock already. I looked around and saw a sign which said "Saporro". I could read it because it was lit up by the moon. "I'm here already?" I asked myself. Surprisingly enough I knew where to walk and walked into the direction of the house Sayumi must stay now. I knew she was still there. I did get a dream that she stayed with that guy. The night before I get a dream that they we're playing in the snow. They fell on each other and it looked like they almost kissed. Luckily they didn't.

"I'm sorry" He smiled and stood up again. He held out his hand. Sayumi blushed and grabbed it. "It's okay" She said, blushing and they both laughed. They went inside again.

I already saw the house but it was still pretty dark. They were probably sleeping. Does a demon sleep? I knew a lot about Sayumi but that was something I didn't knew. Since I didn't want to take a risk I went to the garage next to the house. I didn't take the garage door but instead I took the door on the other side. I tried to open it but it was frozen. It didn't was locked though, it didn't even had a lock, but it was just frozen because of the snow. I couldn't open it.. I pushed and pushed and heard the door move some. I pushed more and more and after a while it finally opened. I stepped inside and searched for a light button. I pushed it and the light went on. I wasn't really warm inside and I left the door open, since I thought it might freeze again. I saw a car in the middle of the garage and looked around. I saw fuel canisters standing near the wall. There were pretty much. I walked towards them and saw they weren't empty. "No fuel, eh?" I said in myself and coughed. I must be getting sick because of the weather. I looked at the wall and saw a clock. I wondered if it said the real time. It said it was 7 'O clock already. I decided to wait a few more hours and then knock on the front door. On 10 'O clock I left the garage and walk to the front door. Before I could knock on the door it already opened. I stood in front of a guy. The guy... from my dreams. "Hello?" He asked. "I-I'm h-here f-for S-Sayu-mi" I stuttered. He looked at me. "Who are you?" He asked. "I-I'm c-cold". He smiled and looked like he didn't understand. "I'm sorry...?" he said. "I-I'm Sayu's f-friend". He smiled. "I don't know what you're talking about" He said. "C-can I c-come i-inside?". "I'm sorry" He said again "I don't even know you". "Sayu does" I told him. "I don't know anyone with that name" He said and wanted to close the door. "Jun" I then said and he stopped closing it. "How do you know my name?" He asked. "I-I will e-explain if I c-can c-come i-inside" I said and saw him think "Or d-do you w-w-want me to d-die in f-front of y-your h-house?". He sighed. "Come inside" and I followed him to the living room. It was so warm inside. I looked around and it looked the same as in my dreams. "Where's Sayu?" I asked as I didn't saw here anywhere. "Getting dressed, I guess" He answered "Take a seat" He said and pointed to the couch. He sat in front of me on the chair. "So... how did you knew my name and that Sayumi is here?" He asked. I didn't reply and looked to the ground. I couldn't tell him about my dreams right? I couldn't tell him that she's a demon. "Do you want something to drink?" He asked and I nodded. He stood up and came back with a cup made of iron. 'He things I'm a demon?'. I thought he didn't know a thing about demons. Did Sayumi tell him about iron? I took the glass and took a sip. He looked surprised. "I'm not a demon" I told him. "Demon's don't even..." Luckily I stopped. I couldn't tell him demons don't drink, then he knew immediately about Sayumi. "Don't even what?" He asked. "Never mind" I said and I heard my stomach growl. "You're hungry?" He asked and I nodded. "I didn't eat for one week". He stood up and walked to the kitchen. He came back with a sandwich. I thanked him and ate my sandwich while I lied the knife down on the couch. "What do you plan to do with that thing?" He asked while pointing to the knife. "It's Sayumi's" I said and when I was done eating my sandwich I grabbed the knife again. "You walked all the way from Kyoto?" He asked and I nodded. "I feel bad for my brother because I left him alone, but tomorrow we will be home..." I said, smiling. "Tomorrow?" he asked. "It's a one week walk". "Who says anything about walking" I said and he looked at me surprisingly. I heard someone walking on the stairs. I turned around to look at the stairs. I saw Sayumi coming off the stairs and she looked to the ground while jumping from the stairs. She stood still when she saw me. "Mai?" She asked "How?". I smiled. "Hi Sayumi" I said and stood up. I wanted to walk towards her but still felt a little weak because of the cold. I fainted and felt someone grabbed me.