Chapter 36

Akuma No Sekai 2

Ryosuke:


"Now try to do it this way" I said while walking carefully to the tree, which was in front of us, like it would kill it immediately. The tree was our enemy now; A demon. We were on the grassfield we also went two years ago. We moved the caravan, which was a hard thing to do, to this place and now the field is our garden. I decided to train Mai because else we might be too weak. There aren't much hunters around anymore. I met one last year but he died in a fight. I just met him that day and we decided to co-operate. There were a lot of demons around there and I almost died. We had to run; there were much demons coming after us. We ran very hard and he went out of breath. I was already a good sporter; Already from back when I was in school. I was the fastest of the class. He said I should just go and leave him there but I disagreed. I came back for him and a demon attacked me. I didn't saw him coming. The hunter took my Iron stick, which I dropped and ed it in the demon's heart. I escaped from his grip. I wanted to reach out my hand to the guy but I was too late. I just saw the bullet pierce through his head. Without thinking, crying or screaming I turned around and ran away. The only thing I could think about was that I should escape or else I will also be dead. The demon with the gun came after me and shoot a few times but missed. Luckily. I never told Mai about this... Well I told her that I was almost dead, but I never told her about that hunter or the demons with the gun. It might be a big shock for her and last month she already saw me almost die. But that hunter told me he was part of a hunter family, who was being attacked by a group demons. He was the only one who survived. "...So there aren't much hunters around anymore" was what he said. I wondered if there even where other hunters around.
There was a hole in the tree, I made for training. I was almost there as I lifted the stick and pushed it in the hole. "Try it carefully!" I screamed as I turned around. I saw Mai nodding. I walked back to her.
"Don't let your enemy notice you" I said as I gave her the stick. She nodded and tried to do excactly what I did. "No, wait" I said as I saw that she was holding it wrong. "Hold it like this" I said while I helped her holding it the right way. "Okay!" She said, smiling as she walked carefully to the tree again.

"That was a great kill, Mai!" I screamed while ranning toward her, I was laughing. After many times she finally did it the right way. Mai took the stick out of the hole. "Come, we're gonna get us a drink" I said, smiling. It was fun to train her like this. She also started to smile. "Okay!" She then said. We almost forgot that we're in the middle of an apocalypse and we're just laughing and smiling. We trained the whole day without seeing any real demons around. it was really fun and for just one day the world seemed normal.