Chapter 37

Akuma No Sekai 2

Mai:


My first training was really fun. We both almost forgot that there's an apocalypse here. We even didn't see a demon today. We really laughed a lot. I walked to the bed and was lying down. Ryosuke came and sat next to me, on the bed. "Try to sleep now" He said. "You have to wake up early tomorrow for another training". I could see he was proud of me, which also made me proud of myself. I nodded and closed my eyes, trying to sleep. I heard Ryosuke leaving to the living room, where he used the couch as his bed, while I dreamed away.

I was walking on a empty street and looked around, all houses were empty and shut with wooden planks, so were the stores. I looked into a window, which wasn't shut with wooden planks and saw my reflection in the mirror, but it wasn't me. The reflection was Sayumi's. "Where the Hell am I?" I asked, without even knowing that I would say that. It just happenned. I couldn't move myself. Al the walking I did, all the talking... that weren't me. But it also wasn't my body. I was Sayumi. I walked to a sign that I saw and looked on the map where I was. It was a map of a town in Japan but wasn't that good to read. I was holding my finger at the arrow that said "You are here". "Where is here?" I asked myself. I was probably staring at it for hours and hard I wanted to walk away I couldn't walk. Then I finally started to walk and tried to find a way out of this... "Ghost town". The last thing I... or actually Sayumi said aloud, like she could read my mind. I... She... We... Let's Just say "we"... We walked further but the street didn't seemed to end. It was a very long street and we did a very long walk. "Is there light burning in that house?" She asked herself, seeing a light burning in the house, we were looking at it. It was a beautiful house, different from all other houses in this town. The house wasn't surrounded by other houses and was very big, like a villa. We walked towards the house and kept staring at it. We were staring at it for a few minutes as suddenly the front door opened and someone stepped out of the house. I felt shocked. The guy looked at us and smiled brightly.

I woke up and sat down on my bed. 'What was that dream about?' I asked myself. "Oh good, you're awake" Ryosuke said as he walked into my room. "It's time for another training today". "Can I kill demons now?" I asked him, while still thinking about the dream I had before. H
e shook his head. "You only got one training yet" He said, laughing. I smile a little sadly. "Don't worry, sooner or later you can kill as much demons as you want" he said, trying to cheer me up. I smiled. I stood up and walked to the kitchen. I made myself some breakfast. "What are we gonna do today?" I asked him. He looked at me. "Training..." He said "...We're gonna train on demon dolls this time" He said smiling. I laughed. "What?". He looked at me with this serious look. "It's no joke" He laughed "Look out of the window". I turned around and looked out of the window which was behind me. I saw a few large dolls, which looked like demons. he must've made them that night, but I didn't ask for it. I nodded. "Cool!" I said smiling. "Is my weapon done already?" I asked him. He looked at me and shook his head. "Not yet" He said. I smiled and nodded. "Then..." I said as I turned around to face him with my smile. He smiled back. "...Let me use the knife...". His smile disappeared and he stood up. "Are you ready?" He asked, without replying on what I said. He opened the door and walked outside. I ate my bread and also left the caravan. I saw him standing in the middle of the field, staring at the demon dolls. Again I thought about that dream I had that morning. That was Sayumi, right? But why am I having this dreams? What excactly happened to Sayumi? Is she really dead? Many questions popped up into my head. 

"Here" Ryosuke said when I stood behind him. He handed me his stick. I sighed and took it. "I'm sorry" I said. He didn't say a thing. "But we just never talked about Sayumi ever since that day". He turned around and walked away, far from the demon dolls. "Try it the same way as you did yesterday with the tree!" He yelled. I sighed again. I took a run for one of the dolls and pierced the doll with the stick. Afterwards I turned around and walked towards Ryosuke again. "That went good!" He told me, smiling. I smiled back. "It went better with the knife" I said. Of course he still didn't reply. "Why do we still have that knife if we're not gonna use it?" I asked him friendly while smiling. "I have my stick and I'm busy with yours!" He yelled at me and then turned around to walk away. I ran after him. "But Sayu-". "Don't mention that name!" He interupted me "She is dead, okay, we'll go further the same way as we did before we met her. Only you and me" He said a little calmly. I knew it was hard for him to talk about her but he doesn't want to remember her anymore? "You can't erase your memories" I said to him. I walked towards him and stood in front of him. I looked into his eyes and saw tears coming up. "I know it's hard" I told him. "Training is over" He told, pushed me away and walked to the caravan again. I waited outside till he calmed down a little more.