Chapter 56

Akuma No Sekai 2

Mai:

I heard Sayumi mumble something and while Jun already was in the living room, I turned around slowly. Sayumi stood still. I walked towards her. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Aren't you coming?" "I- I can't..." She said. At first I didn't understand but then I looked up, to the ceiling. "..." I said as Sayumi looked also to the ceiling. "Don't let Jun know..." She said. "If he'll find out he will kill me." Though I'm still mad I'm nodding. "But he'll find out anyway if you don't escape soon.." I tried to reach the ceiling but I couldn't. I was too small. I could never break the trap on my own. At that moment I heard something behind me. Was that a gun loading? I turned around shocked. I knew Sayumi must also be shocked. "Step aside." A mad Jun said. I shook my head and kept standing in front of Sayumi. "It's just a normal gun that won't hurt me, but it will hurt you.. Just step aside." Sayumi whispered behind me. Before I could think about anything Jun lifted his gun already and shoot in the mirror next to me. I shocked while screaming. I looked at the ground. The bulled was lying there. It was an iron bullet. "Step aside!" He yelled it the second time. "Just do it..." Sayumi whispered again. I shook my head. "The bullets are of iron." I said. "Why are you helping her?! She's a demon right!" He yelled. "She isn't bad!" I yelled back. "What are you? A demon as well?!" "If I was a demon too wouldn't I be trapped also?!" It was quiet for a while. "Why are you helping her?" He asked. "Because she..." I stopped for a few seconds. "She's my friend..." I told and looked at her. She smiled. "You can't be friends with a demon." He said. "Come on, Jun! Before you knew what she was you liked her right? Maybe you still do. Nothing has changed." I said, wanted to make him confused. "She's a demon. Demon means… not human. She's evil." He said as I kept shaking my head. "She helped us fight against those creatures. Please just let her go. She knows more than you. She can... save your life." "I don't need help from a demon!" He yelled what made me shock.
He lifted the gun again and shoots. I covered my head with my hands. The bulled went straight past me to the ceiling. He missed? I looked up again. I looked to the ceiling. He missed and broke the trap. This made me laugh mentally. "Come." Sayumi said as she grabbed my arm and we ran outside, leaving Jun behind. We ran very far. We didn't even take the car. I don't know why. He could follow us if he wanted that but we weren't. We weren't followed. If he took the car it won't take long till he found us but how long I waited for it he never showed up. We didn't run very fast either, because of the snow, it slowed us down. We stopped in the middle of a forest to catch our breath. "How long is it walk from here to Ryosuke?" She asked and I shrugged as I didn't know. I didn't even know where we were. It was also pretty dark already. "Let's take a break to sleep." I said and she nodded. I knew she doesn't sleep but I was really sleepy. We stopped at a grass field covered in snow and I walked to a bench where I lied myself down. "It's cold." I said. She nodded. "Just sleep, we will find Ryosuke tomorrow." She said and I nodded while closing my eyes.

After a few hours of sleeping I woke up again because of the cold. It was still pretty dark. I sat down and looked around. I saw Sayumi sitting in the grass, while looking up in the sky. I stood up and walked past her. "Can't sleep anymore?" She asked. She must've heard me walking in the snow. "I can't..." I said and sat down beside her. "Listen," She started. "What happened between me and Jun was nothing, okay?" I already forgot about that but her saying reminds me of the dream again. I nodded. "It's okay... I won't tell Ryosuke." I said and she nodded. It was quiet for a while. "Sa... Sayu...?" I then asked. "Yeah?" She answered. "What did you do..?" I asked, since I really wanted to know. "What?" She asked. "...To go to Hell and becoming a demon." She smiled. "My father..." She started. "He was dead and he was the only person I had at that time. I couldn't live without him, so... I brought him back. I met a man who could bring him back. I didn't know he was a demon back then. He told me I had 10 years to say goodbye to my father and then he came to get me. I didn't knew what he meant and I really wanted to get him back so I said 'yes' After 10 years he came back and I died and went to Hell. This was long before the apocalypse started. There weren't this much demons on earth already." So she didn't do anything bad to come in Hell? She gave up her life for her father's? And that made her become a demon? I was speechless. "I though... You have to do something bad, to come in Hell." I said. "Bringing a dead person back can only be done by demons. In return they want your soul and you will also become a demon." I nodded. I did understand now but I was wondering about another thing. Something I saw in my dream. "Why did you oped the gate?" before I knew it I already said it loudly. It wasn't really planned to ask it but I was just wondering. "Huh?" She asked. "The gate between Hell and Earth. You opened it right? I know you did." She looked shocked and confused at the same time. Of course she was. She must've wondered how I knew this.