Chapter 57

Akuma No Sekai 2

Sayumi:

How did she know I opened the gate? I remembered her saying something before. 'I know everything about you...' Everything? Did she really know everything, but how's is that even possible? 'Ever since you possessed me... I know everything...' I was a little confused. "Sayu...?" She asked as she knew I wasn't going to answer. "... Did you start the apocalypse?" By those words I felt tears coming up. I looked away. "I did..." I said carefully. "Why..?" She asked. "It was an accident." I said and looked at her again. "Tell me." She said. "Tell me, so I can understand." I nodded. "It was Hell, what do you think? It was worse than Hell and I wanted to go out of it. I learned how to open the gate. I learned this by myself and opened it. But the gate can only be closed from the inside so I left it open and not only I could escape, but also all other demons. That's how the apocalypse started. I- I'm sorry." It was quiet for a while. "It's also my fault your parents are..." "Stop it!" She cut me off. "You didn't kill them! That demon did! It wasn't you! You only wanted to escape from Hell and left the gate open! You probably didn't know what would happen, right?!" I nodded. "I didn't know..." I said. She sighed. "Is there a way to close the gate?" She then asked and I looked at her. "It can only be closed from the inside and only by me or the devil." I said. "So to close it you have to go back in there again?" She asked and I nodded. "I don't think they want me back..." I said and remembered the last time I was in Hell. When I said I will close the gate again he sent me back. "Isn't there another way to close it from the outside?" I shook my head. "I don't think there is. To close the gate I have to get back there." I said. The sun was already coming up. It was beautiful how the sun lit up the snowy field. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" I said while looking at the upcoming sun. She nodded. "Can't you sleep anymore? In a few hours we're going to walk again." She shook her head. "Let's walk now." She said as she stood up. "Shouldn't we wait till it's lighter?" I asked as I also stood up. She shook her head. "I'm worried... I want to know how he is... Maybe he's dead already... If he's dead... then that's my fault." I smile a bit. "He isn't dead. I know he isn't. Maybe he did everything to look for you but he won't let himself die. I know he wouldn't." I told her as she also smiled again. "Let's go, then!" I said and her smile became brighter. She nodded and we started to walk again.

"I'm hungry..." She said after a while. We walked for one hour already and were already out of that forest. I wondered if we were going the good way. "I miss the apple tree..." She said. "Apple tree?" I laughed a bit. "Ryosuke and I found a tree in the forest we're staying, it was full with apples." She said. "Do you know how far it is till that forest? And are we going the good direction?" I asked her. She nodded. "This is the good direction. I know it is. I remember this place. It shouldn't be that far to Ryosuke." I nodded. "Say Mai...?" I asked while we just walked further. "yeah...?" She answered. "I told you about me but now I want to know about you..." It was quiet for a few seconds. "How is it possible...?" I asked and she looked at me. "What...?" She asked. "That... you knew all those things...? About me..? You knew where I was, you knew what happened between Jun and me, you knew I opened the gate... How could you know those things?" It was quiet again. "I already said I know everything since you possessed me... I don't know how or why but ever since you possessed me I'm getting these visions. When I'm asleep I'm dreaming... Mostly about you but sometimes I'm also you. And I dream about the things that happened. That's how I knew you were still alive, Ryosuke didn't believe me. He thought you were dead." "I am dead." I interrupted her. "I've been in Hell for two years." "I know that..." she said. "But since you're back I'm getting this visions and I told Ryosuke that you were still on Earth but he didn't believe me. He blamed your death on me. We never spoke about you anymore till the last day I saw him. That's why I wanted to find you. I know he's very sad without you and know he's maybe even sadder because I'm not there anymore but the sooner we find them the sooner I can see him smile again." I could feel she loved him. She really loved her brother. She hated him being sad, she missed him.

"Oh, I remember this place." She said and started running, she stopped after a while. "We're almost there!" She yelled at me and a smile came on my face. Almost there? Almost see Ryosuke again? I ran towards her and then stopped. "Look." She said while pointing to a sign at the entrance of a forest. "This is it, this must be it." She said happily as she entered the forest, followed by me. I was also very happy. In a few minutes I was going to see Ryosuke again.