Chapter 2

What. The. Heck!

I sat there in my math class and tried my best to understand what the heck all this meant. I had bigger problems though then solving for x. I kept on wondering if Hoya was going to be there when I got home. What if he already is there and he's eating my cookies?! I should start doing and inventory check. On second thought, that seems to hard. My friend nudged my arm and when I looked at her she pointed at the board. I realized that everyone was looking at me and it took me a second to figure out why. I was supposed to solve the problem.

“Any time your ready now.” my teacher said.

By her voice I could tell she wanted me to be ready now. I took a chance and said the first number that came to my mind. 7. My teacher didn't seem happy that I said that.

“Correct.” she mumbled.

So I was right? Out of all the numbers in the world it was 7? I guess luck was on my side today. When math ended and it was time for lunch, I told my friend I wasn't really hungry and that I would talk to her later. I just walked around the halls in a daze. Curse this Hoya person. I went to my locker and grabbed my lunch out of there. I just stared at it wondering what to do with it. I can't let it go to waste.

“Do you want someone to help you eat that?”

I perked up at the voice and turned my head to see the cutest guy in school, Woohyun.

“Actually, you can have it all.” I said.

I held out my lunch to him and he took it. I almost didn't catch what he said about his friend Dongwoo stealing his lunch and making him starve. At least almost making him starve. He said he was lucky enough to find me. Yeah, I almost didn't catch that because he's so cute! Luckily, I did though and we went into the cafeteria where two guys came up to us. I knew them... kinda. There names were a little fuzzy though.

“I thought Dongwoo took your lunch.” this adorable guy said.

“He did. This is ChanSook's.”

He knows my name? I didn't know that.

“Is she your new girlfriend or something?” the other asked.

Woohyun shook his head.

“But Woohyun, she's so cute.”

Whatever the name of this adorable guy is, I love him. He's just too cute for words and just said that I was cute.

“Thank you.” I said to him.

I soon learned that his name was Sungjong and that the other boy was Myungsoo. They had invited me to sit with them. Well, Sungjong did. Myungsoo couldn't care either way and Woohyun didn't seem to mind. I felt awkward sitting with Woohyun and his friends. There was also Dongwoo who took his lunch, Sunggyu, and Sungyeol. Sungjong was talking to me the whole entire time though so it wasn't that bad. Everyone else was just kind of looking at me wondering why I was sitting at the table in the first place. They still seemed to be thinking that even after Woohyun told them that Sungjong invited me.

After school, I started to walk home and soon I was captured in a hug. I screamed and the person let go. I turned to see Sungjong. Why am I not surprised?

“You...” I stopped to find the right way to say this.

He stood there and waited for me ever so patiently.

“You make friends fast.” I said.

“I love making new friends. I'm probably the friendliest guy you'll ever meet. I'd even be friends with a ghost.”

The last sentence made me laugh.

“you mean if you met Casper you'd make him your best friend?”

Sungjong nodded.

“Do you want a friend to keep you company while you walk home?” he asked.

I shook my head. I can't have him meeting Hoya. I can't have him becoming friends with this stranger.

“Another day. Right now I just need some alone time.”

Sungjong said he understood then went the opposite way calling after Myungsoo. When I got home, I went to eat some cookies and noticed that they were gone. I saw the bag in the trashcan. I stormed to my room and there I saw him on my bed with that same book.

“I can't believe you ate my cookies!” I yelled at him.

Just like yesterday he went and fell off of my bed.

“Relax. Those aren't the last cookies on the planet. Your mom can get you more.”

He got back on my bed with the book and started to search for his page. I went over to him and yanked the book from him and threw it across the room.

“You don't understand though. Those cookies are the best thing ever and I only get one bag a month. I have to go a whole month now without them!”

Instead of being sorry about all of this he was annoyed.

“You yell a lot.” he said.

“I wouldn't need to yell if you weren't here.”

Hoya got off the bed and walked in front of me.

“But I am.” he said.

I rolled my eyes and left the room. Hoya followed me into the kitchen and watched me make my snack.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“Aren't you going to offer something to your guest?”

He can't be serious.

“No. You're not a guest and you already took my cookies.”

Why haven't I kicked this guy out yet? Why is he still in my house?

“Hoya, where did you go yesterday?”

“Why? Did someone miss me?”

He went to pinch my cheeks but I slapped away his hand.

“No. I'm curious how you were here one moment and gone the next.”

“Just be thankful that I left.”

Hoya took half of my sandwich and before I could protest he took a bite.

“Should I be calling the cops?” I asked.

Then I heard the sound of my mother coming home.

“No. I'll be going now.” he said.

He went out the back and I was alone for about half a second before my mom walked into the house.

“Hi sweetie how was your day?”

Crazy, weird, awkward.

“It was good.” I told her.

My mom never really has to ask me what I did. Usually I'll just tell her what I did. Like if I made a new friend I'd tell her. Today though, I just didn't want to tell her about Sungjong because it might lead up to the part where he wanted to walk home with me and then my mom would want to meet him. I'd have to explain how that can't happen without mentioning Hoya. Why? Because I have no brain and I want to have a stalker in my house apparently. He is my stalker right? I guess since I don't know what else he could be. He better be here tomorrow so I can either figure out what is up with him or call the cops and get him arrested. Hoya better watch out.