Chapter 7

What. The. Heck!

I woke up and at first didn't remember last night. Then when I felt someone playing with my hair I remembered. I hoped out of my bed and Hoya just smirked.

“Morning.” he told me.

“Alright. I kept my promise. Now tell me.” I ordered.

“Okay. I'm a ghost.” he said casually.

My eyes widened hearing him say that. Can he really be one?

“Shut up. No your not. You can't be. I can touch you. You ate my cookies and... you just can't be. It's not possible.”

I heard my mom calling for me then she opened my door and I turned to the spot Hoya was. He was gone. So he was one. Oh! My! Gosh!

“Hurry and get dressed or your going to be late for school.” she told me.

I got dressed in a daze and left the house in a daze. The words kept playing in my head over and over. Hoya was a ghost!

“I was hoping to have a smile today.” Sungjong said.

I snapped out of my daze and looked at his smiling face.

“I am just so tired. I never really stay up that late on school night.”

“We stay up late a lot. It's something you get used to if you hang out with us.”

“Speaking of hanging out, am I friends with everyone now? At least everyone but Dongwoo? It felt like it last night but I'm not sure.”

Sungjong all the sudden seemed to realize something.

“Woohyun walked you home.” he stated.

“Yes. So...?”

“Did he do anything to you? I mean, ask you anything.”

“You're asking if he asked me out? Yeah, he did.”

I smiled and Sungjong pouted.

“I know you said yes to him. That makes me believe that I'll never get a girlfriend.”

Sungjong tried to kick a rock in frustration but he missed. I held in my laugh.

“You'll get a girlfriend soon. Your adorable so why wouldn't you?”

I gave one of his cheeks a pinch. He moved my hand away.

“Because girls see adorable guys as younger brothers. Never has a girl seen me as more.”

I felt bad for Sungjong. Even worse when a hand was intertwined with mine. I looked to my left and saw Woohyun holding my hand.

“Come on.” he said.

He started to pull me away from Sungjong and I looked back at him and waved. Sungjong gave me a meek wave in return.

“I tried to pick you up from your house but you had already left. From now on, I'll walk you to school.” Woohyun said.

“Okay. Would you like to give me any other orders?”

Woohyun started to freak out.

“No! I didn't mean it like that. I wasn't trying to be demanding.”

I laughed at him.

“I was messing around. I don't mind at all that you want to take me to school.”

Woohyun smiled at me. Didn't say anything. Just smiled.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing. Just thinking about how I almost didn't ask you out.”

“Why did you almost not ask me out?”

“I know someone that kind of has his eyes you. So I told myself I should back off. But I changed my mind since I now know he won't be making a move any time soon.”

I looked behind me at where Sungjong was walking a far enough distance to where I can see him but he can't hear us.

“It's not Sungjong.” Woohyun said.

As we reached school, we were each dragged in opposite directions. Sunggyu and Sungyeol had taken Woohyun while Kari took me.

“You were just holding hands with Woohyun. Are you and him dating?”

I nodded. Kari rolled her eyes.

“Unbelievable.”

She didn't say it in a joking manner. She sounded annoyed.

“Why do you say it like that?” I asked.

“You shouldn't want to hang out with them. You should be avoiding them.”

“Why? They're decent guys.”

“They are nothing but trouble. Aren't you grounded right now? Isn't it true it's your first time? Do you find it's odd it happens after you start to hang out with them?”

“No I don't.”

Kari then walked off and just left me there. What is her problem? Why can't she be happy I'm dating someone and not criticize who it is? Now that the secret was out, Hoya had no problem acting like an idiot outside the classroom window. Only I could see him, which meant I had to act like he wasn't there. It was so hard with Hoya acting like a lunatic.

At lunch I was on my way to sit with Woohyun when I almost knocked into Kari.

“If I was you, I wouldn't sit there.” she told me.

Woohyun then saw me and came over and grabbed my hand.

“Hi, Kari.” he said.

Kari just glared at him then walked off.

“Was it something I said?” he asked.

“No. I think she still isn't over what Dongwoo did to her. So now she isn't happy her friend is dating one of is his friends. What exactly was the bet anyway?”

“Well, Dongwoo saw her walking down the hall and was interested right away. Sungyeol said she wouldn't go for a guy like him and Dongwoo claimed otherwise. So Dongwoo asked her out and if she didn't kiss him then Sungyeol would win.”

We sat down at the table with everyone else and everything was flip flopped. Sungjong was the one with the grumpy attitude today. Everyone else was happy.

“Are you two really going out?” Sunggyu asked.

“Our first date is when she isn't grounded.” Woohyun announced.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol clapped for us.

“What are you grounded for?” Dongwoo asked.

“For having people over when I wasn't supposed to as well as talking back to my mom.”

After school ended, Woohyun walked me home and we talked about our date that would happen in two weeks. I didn't let Woohyun in because of Hoya who I now know that Woohyun wouldn't be able to see and also because of my being grounded. Hoya had a snack prepared for me.

“How can you do that if you're a ghost. Shouldn't you phase through things?”

Hoya shrugged his shoulders.

“All I know is what I am. I also know why I'm a ghost.”

“Tell me then.”

Hoya gave it some thought and then shook his head.

“I'll tell you at a later date. I don't think you're ready to hear this yet.”

I ate my snack and stared at Hoya. Occasionally, I'd poke him while I was chewing.

“You need to figure out why I can touch you.” I told him.

“How do I do that?”

“Internet? I don't know.”

I expected to hear my mom but she didn't windup coming home until past dinner. By the time she was home I was supposed to be asleep. I was up though and talking to Hoya while I was texting Woohyun.

“If you don't put that phone down and listen to me.” Hoya warned me.

“Hush ghost. I'm trying to talk to someone that exists.”

“I exist!”

“If you say so.”

I clicked the send button then watched the phone disappear before my eyes. I looked at Hoya who acted innocent.

“You better give that back.”

“After I finish. You are being very rude to me.”

I rolled my eyes. I didn't care about being rude to him.

Hoya never gave me back my phone. He hogged it until I was asleep. I hope Woohyun was understanding. I'll figure out in the morning.