Chapter 21

What. The. Heck!

Sunggyu caught up to me really quick. He grabbed a hold of me by my waist and kept me from going anywhere.

            “ChanSook, calm down.” He told me.

            “Hoya is in here.” I said.

            “And once you are calm I’ll show you his room.”

            “I’m sorry. It’s just, at the doctors, I saw Hoya. It was for a minute but I saw him.”

            Sunggyu took me to a room that had Hoya’s name on the front. I took a second to prepare myself before I opened the door. Inside, I saw Hoya there lying on the bed. Dongwoo was next to him reading a book out loud. He looked up from the book and sighed. He set it down and took Sunggyu out of the room leaving me alone with Hoya. I slowly went up to him and grabbed his hand.

            “You have to wake up.” I said. “Wake up for your Sookie.”

            Now that I was here with Hoya, I refused to leave him. I don’t care what anyone says. I won’t leave him until he wakes up. I figured he would have woken up since he just left me there. He was still in a coma though.

            Dongwoo and Sunggyu came back in and Dongwoo tried to convince me to leave.

            “Not until Hoya wakes up.” I said.

            “That might be a while though.”

            “I don’t care.”

            “Dongwoo just let her be here for today.” Sunggyu said.

            The two left me to be with Hoya. I sat in the chair and looked at him. I just held his hand and looked at him. Sometime while there, I fell asleep. I woke up in an unfamiliar place. It was someone’s house. I could smell pancakes from the bed I was lying on. I looked around the room and saw pictures all over the wall just like with Sungjong’s room. Except these were not all the same people over and over again. There also appeared to be scrapbooks and photo albums lying everywhere.

            The door to the bedroom opened and I saw Myungsoo.

            “Hey, you’re up.” He said.

            “Myungsoo, this is your room?” I asked.

            He nodded. I had never been in his room before. Or inside his house. I’ve only seen the outside.

            “Why am I here?”

            “My family and I went to go visit Hoya and found you asleep. We decided to take you back here and we called your mom and let her know. She will be over in about ten minutes to have breakfast.”

            Myungsoo came over and sat on the edge of the bed.

            “I believe you now.” He said.  “I don’t know what I thought at first but now I believe that you did everything you said you did.”

            “Really? What made you believe?”

            “When I saw you two. The two of you look really cute together. So I decided to believe you really did see Hoya.”

            Even though he believed me he helped my mom and the others keep me away from Hoya for a full month. I don’t know how they manage to do it but they did. I was never left alone. They kept telling me it was for my own good.

            Sungjong would walk with me to school, I’d have them checking up on me all through out school, I’d go home with Dongwoo and had my mom picking me up. On the weekends, I would hang out with Sunggyu on Saturday and Myungsoo and Sungyeol on Sunday. Woohyun and I worked things out near the middle of the month and we decided to be friends. At first I was annoyed with the fact that I was never left alone. Then I grew to love it. With someone around me all the time I had no time to be sad that Hoya never showed. No one talked about Hoya. If I mention his name, they act like I said nothing or change the subject.

            Right now I was accompanying Dongwoo to the hospital to get his cast off.

            “You don’t know how happy I am to be getting this thing off.” He told me.

            “I bet you are very happy.” I said.

            “This day couldn’t have come at a more perfect time.” He said.

            “Why is that?” I asked.

            “Oh, did I saw that last part aloud?”

             I nodded and the subject was forgotten about. That means one thing. It has something to do with Hoya.

            “Tell me.” I said.

            Dongwoo was lucky enough that he was called to have the cast removed. When he was back cast free, he brought me home and I didn’t get to ask about why it was the perfect time.

            When Sungjong was walking with me to school today, he seemed to have a little bit of a jump to his walk. He’s already a happy person but today he seemed extra happy. I would ask why but I knew I would just hear him say that today was just a beautiful day. I knew something was up when Sungjong didn’t want to meet up with the others.

            “Sungjong, what’s going on?” I asked.

            “Nothing is going on. I just want to spend more time with you.”

            “Why can’t we do that with the others?”

            “We… we just can’t.”

            He led me inside the school and brought me to my classroom.

            “I’ll see you at lunch today.” He told me.

            I looked around at everyone and saw something was up with all of them too. They all looked like they couldn’t stay still in their seats. What as going on?

            “Excuse me, can you tell me why everyone can’t keep still?” I asked of my classmates.

            “I forgot. You had just started here when all this happened.” She said.

            “When what happened?”

            Are they talking about Hoya? Is he coming back? Is that why Sungjong wouldn’t let me see everyone else?

            “There is this guy named Hoya. He got hit by a car and was in a coma.”

            “W-was?” I asked.

            “Yeah, today is his first day back at school!”

            All the girls in the classroom cheered. I sat down in my seat and tried to take this all in. He was awake. He was going to be at school. He was…

            “Hoya!”

            I looked up when all the girls screamed his name. There he was. I forgot how to breathe as I watched him look around the classroom. Soon his eyes stopped at me. He seemed to be thinking as he looked at me. Then he seemed to have this realization. He came and sat next to me.

            “I know you.” He said.

            I don’t think I could have been any happier hearing him say that. I bit back my smile.

            “Y-you do?” I asked.

            “Yeah, you’re the new girl.”

            Hearing those words broke my heart. He didn’t remember. I tried to find something to tell me he remembered and was just joking.  He seemed to mean what he said.

            “The new girl.” I repeated.

            That’s what I was. That’s all I was.

            “At least you were. You know, I’ve kind of been… away. Anyway, I never really introduced myself to you. I’m Hoya.”

            “ChanSook.” I said.

            The teacher came in and told everyone to take their seats. He noticed Hoya and welcomed him back. Today we were ending the chapter and we had a project to do. Since Hoya hadn’t been here, our teacher said he could pair up with someone.

            “I’ll pick ChanSook.” He said.

            I was so happy that he picked me. I had a plan. He would remember me. He had to. If not, I’ll go crazy. Actually, I already was crazy. This is so I won’t go crazier.              

-----------------------------------------

71 subscribers!! <3<3<3