Chapter 23

What. The. Heck!

“Girlfriend?” his mom asked.

            I was asking myself the same question. Hoya nodded and grabbed onto my hand. I tried but couldn’t hide my smile.

            “Well then ChanSook, as Hoya’s girlfriend you are always welcome here. Would you like to stay for dinner?”

            “Of course she would mom.” Hoya answered for me.

            “Alright. I want you dry before you come in though.”

            His mom went back in and I took my hand back.

            “Girlfriend?” I asked. “It’s not that don’t want to be your girlfriend it’s just sudden and came out of nowhere.”

            “It didn’t come from nowhere. We both like each other and I’m not in a coma so why wait? The sooner I get to call you mine the better.”

            Hoya had a very good and very sweet point.

            “Alright boyfriend. Can you get me a towel?”

            Hoya smiled at the word boyfriend.

            “Of course girlfriend.”

            He kissed my cheek before he went inside. His mom pushed him back outside.

            “I’ll get the towels.” She said.

            We sat outside and worked more on our project while we dried off. During dinner, I was subtly given an interrogation.

            “Aren’t you the girl that also dated Woohyun?” his mom asked.

            How did she know that? Did all their moms meet up and gossip and talk about their sons and their dating lives? It sounds weird. I guess there are other ways to figure out.

            “Yes. We dated for a bit.” I said.

            “What happened?” his dad asked.

            “She realized she was into me.” Hoya answered for me.

            I looked at him in disbelief and smacked his arm. He started to laugh and put that same arm around me.

            “You know it’s true.” He said.

            “Did you have to say it like that though?”

            “What’s wrong with how I said it? Was it irresistible?”

            “Hoya, if you want to kiss your new girlfriend please wait until after dinner.” His dad said.

            I giggled at his dad’s words.

            After we finished out food, I helped his mom clean up the kitchen and wash the dishes.

            “I don’t know if Hoya wants me to tell you this but he’s never had a girlfriend. However, he has many friends that are girls. I probably shouldn’t compare you to his friends but I think you’re great for my boy. He seems to really like you and you seem to really like him. Can I just ask you to do one thing for me?”

            “Sure, what do you need?” I said.

            I finished drying the last dish and started to put them all away.

            “I don’t want to put him through anything stressful right now. If you could avoid anything that will cause drama and problems, I’d appreciate that. I didn’t even want Hoya to go back to school today because I was worried about what would happen there. It seems that things went good though.”

            It took me a moment for me to realize that by “things went good” that she meant me.

            “I’ll take care of Hoya.” I told her.

            “What about me?” Hoya asked coming into the kitchen.

            “Don’t worry, it’s nothing. We’re just talking about how amazing you are.” I said.

            “It makes sense.” Hoya said.

            I rolled my eyes at his conceited words. Hoya chuckled and came up to me. He took the dishes out of my hands and set them on the counter.

            “Mom, can I borrow my girlfriend?” he asked as he kept his eyes on me.

            “You can as long as you walk her home. It’s a school night, remember?”

            “Yes mom, I remember. I don’t forget things.”

            I knew that his last sentence was meant for me. I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the kitchen. I grabbed my bag and Hoya and I left his house. After a minute of walking in a comfortable silence I asked,

            “Are you going to tell people that you remember me? It would make me sound less like a freak.”

            “I think I’ll keep that information to myself. If guys think you’re a freak, then they won’t try to steal you from me.”

            “You don’t have to tell the whole school. Just your friends.”

            “My friends are who I’m worried about. I already had Dongwoo, Sungjong and Woohyun go after you while I was in a coma. What if the others were waiting until I was out of a coma to do something? What if they thought that it was wrong since I was in a coma? What if they all like you?”

            I couldn’t help but laugh. I didn’t want to because Hoya sounded serious but I couldn’t help it.

            “Hoya, you don’t have to worry. I’m yours.” I told him.

            He didn’t really seem to believe me.

            “You already dated Woohyun. You almost broke up with him for Sungjong.”

            “Yeah, I dated Woohyun. Key word is dated. As you said earlier, I realized that I was into you.”

            “But…”

            I stopped him with a kiss.

            “Hoya, I’m yours.” I told him.

            He finally dropped the subject of his friends liking me. However, he said he would still keep this ghost thing to himself unless he had to say it. I could live with that.

            “I’ll see you tomorrow morning girlfriend.” Hoya told me as soon as we reached my house.

            “Alright. Goodnight boyfriend.”

            We hugged before I went inside. My mom seemed to have been waiting.

            “Sorry for being late. I texted you after school got out though, right?”

            “Yes, I knew you’d be late. I just needed to tell you that I didn’t know what to do he looked so peaceful. Still does. So I was just going to let him sleep here.”

            “What are you talking about?”

            “Sungjong came by for some help with his math. Before I got your text I told him you wouldn’t be that long so I let him wait in your room. He wound up falling asleep and…”

            I ran to my room and saw Sungjong asleep on my bed. Why, Sungjong? My mom was right. He does look peaceful. I can see why she didn’t wake him up. Why didn’t he call me though and ask where I was? I took out my phone to check if he did and noticed it was broken. Of course. It was in my pocket when Hoya jumped into the pool with me. He fried my phone.

            I let it drop to the floor and looked to see if Sungjong would wake at the noise. He stayed still. I grabbed an extra blanket from the closet and decided to sleep on the couch tonight. I changed in the bathroom then after telling my mom about my phone, I went to bed.  

-------------------------------------------------

There is only one chapter left. Possibly two though I think it' only one.

BUT I was thinking about making a sequal.

I kind of have an idea of what to do if I make one.

Who would read the sequal if I decided to make it?