Chapter 22

What. The. Heck!

Hoya and I walked to lunch together and I loved the way he broke out into a random dance move every now and then.             

            “It’s a force of habit.” He told me when he saw me catching him in the act.

            When we walked into the cafeteria, the six others rushed over to us.

            “ChanSook, we need to talk.” Sunggyu said.

            He dragged me away from Hoya and back outside the cafeteria.

            “Does he remember you?” he asked.

            I shook my head.

            “You’re not going to try to get him to remember you are you?”

            “I was going to try. You don’t think I should?”

            “I think that you should just forget about when he was in a coma. He doesn’t even know that you were the girl that almost got hit. He liked you before and I think he may still like you now.”

            I nodded and went back inside. I took a seat at the table by Sungjong.

            “You should sit next to me.” Hoya said.

            I looked at him and he looked down at his food shyly.

            “You know so we can talk about our project.” He said.

            “Sure, you want to talk about your ‘project’.” Dongwoo said.

            I laughed as Hoya shoved Dongwoo out of his seat. I smiled and took a seat next to Hoya.

            “So do you want to come to my house after school to work on our project? Or do you want to go your house?”

            “Your house is fine.” I told him.

            While we ate our lunch, I noticed that the guys seemed to be cautious of Hoya and I. I guess they thought I’d try to bring seeing him as a ghost up or the car accident up. I had no intention of doing that right now. Things were going fine without the mention of those things.

            After school was over, I rode with Dongwoo and Hoya to Hoya’s house. The house was empty and Hoya explained that his parents got home an hour after he did. Since it was a nice day out, Hoya suggested working out in the backyard. I played it cool when we went out back and I saw the pool.

            “I see you have a pool.” I commented.

            “Yeah, I love swimming in it.”

            While we worked I swear it was like he was a ghost all over again. We acted like we’ve known each other forever.

            “Why do I feel like we’ve hung out before?” Hoya asked.

            I shrugged my shoulders even though I very well knew why.

            “What if I had been some half ghost while in a coma and I watched you hang out with the others.” Hoya suggested and laughed at what he believed was a crazy idea.

            I tried to laugh with him.

            “That’s a crazy idea.” I said.

            Hoya then smirked. He closed and moved aside the textbook that was in front of him.

            “You’re not going to try to convince me my crazy idea is true?” he asked.

            “Why would I…?”

            Looking at his smirk it all came to me. I got up and smacked Hoya’s arm again and again.

            “You are the biggest jerk in the whole entire world!” I said.

            I was about to cry. This wasn’t even funny. Pretending this whole time that he didn’t even remember me when in fact he did.

            “I’m sorry Sookie. I just wanted to see if you would try to convince me that I was a ghost that hung out with you while I was in a coma. I guess you didn’t want to sound like a freak though.”

            At hearing the nickname I was giving, my smacking stopped and I hugged Hoya and cried into his shirt.

            “I thought you had forgotten everything.” I said.

            “I remember it all. I also got you something.”

            Hoya had me sit back down in my seat and he went inside to get something. I wiped my eyes and soon Hoya was back with something behind his back. I smiled as he brought his hands out front and in them were the cookies I was allowed to get once a month. I took the cookies and hugged them.

            “Am I still the biggest jerk in the world?” he asked.

            “Not the biggest.” I said.

            Hoya chuckled and took the cookies out of my hand.

            “Well then what else do I need to do?”

            I shrugged and looked at the ground. Hoya took my hand and made me stand up. I looked at him and he had a devious grin on.

            “Hoya what are you planning?” I asked.

            “I’m planning to finish what I started.” He said.

            He picked me up and without any warning he jumped into the pool. When I was above the water, I started to cough.

            “Hoya!” I yelled.

            “I’m sorry Sookie.” He said.

            That’s not going to work on me this time.

            “You’re going to have to do more then tell me that you’re sorry.” I told him.  

            “Alright then. I know just what I need to do.”

            Before I could ask what he needed to do, Hoya started to kiss me. I was so happy to be kissing the real Hoya. He couldn’t disappear in the middle just like last time. Hoya was here to stay. When we pulled apart we heard the sound of his parents getting home. Hoya got out of the pool first then helped me out. His mom came out in the backyard and was shocked.

            “Hoya, would you mind introducing me to your friend?” his mom asked.

            “Not at all. Sookie, this is my mom. Mom this is ChanSook, my girlfriend.”