Chapter 20

What. The. Heck!

I was protesting right now. Apparently Sunggyu had a talk with my mom and the both agreed that I needed to see a doctor. And I thought Sunggyu was cool with me seeing Hoya as a ghost. He reassured me he was and this was just to be sure that nothing was wrong with me. My mom was worried and kept pointing out anything that could be wrong with me.

            “Nothing’s wrong with me.” I said.

            That’s the only thing I’ve said this whole car ride.

            “Sweetie, you think you’re seeing a ghost.” My mom said.

            “Nothing’s wrong with me.” I repeated.

            We arrived at this doctor’s office and I stayed in the car.

            “No one thinks you’re crazy.” Sunggyu told me. “We just want to find a reason as to why you are seeing Hoya.”

            “I don’t care why I could see him. I just want to see him.”

            “I’ll let you visit Hoya if you do this.”

            I rolled my eyes. That is what he said to get me to tell the others what I said. They had used that as a way to get me in the car. Lying and telling me we were going to see Hoya. Then once we had started to drive, my mom explained it all. Sunggyu had to drag me kicking and screaming into the office. People didn’t look at me weird because I guess they are used to things like this here.

            “It won’t be that bad.” He told me.

            “I still don’t want to do it.”

            Sunggyu brought me into a room with some guy then left me in there.

            “It’s only because I care.” He said before he left.

            I sat down and crossed my arms. I didn’t greet back the man and just sat there.

            “You’re name is ChanSook am I right?”

            I didn’t answer. Just continued to sit there.

            “Listen, I’m not accusing you of anything ChanSook. I’m just here to talk to you.”

             “Maybe I don’t want to talk to you.” I said back.

            “I believe that if you say you saw the ghost of your friend then you saw him.”

            “I didn’t just see him. And he wasn’t my friend until we started to hang out while he as a ghost.”

            “Then I believe that you were hanging out with him.”

            Like he really believes me. He just wants to be on my good side and wants me to talk.

            “ChanSook, why don’t you just tell me about your friend? How did you two meet?”

            “That’s private.”

            The doctor’s phone went off and he excused himself to take the call.

            “Can you believe him? Being all nosy in our business.”

            At that voice my head snapped to my right and I saw Hoya lounging on the seat next to mine. I attacked him with a hug and started to cry.

            “Where have you been? I’ve missed you like crazy. I told everyone and now they think I’ve gone crazy.”

            “I don’t have long.” He said as he hugged me just as tight as I was hugging him. “I wish I could tell you what happened but I don’t even know. I don’t know why I just left. I didn’t even do that. I just remember popping up in emptiness. I’m so confused right now.”

            “Hoya, don’t leave me again. Please stay.”

            “Sookie, I would if I could but…” Hoya stopped and I pulled back and looked at him.

            He had this weird face on.

            “Hoya…”

            “I’ll try to come back.” He said.

            He kissed my forehead before he was gone…again. I buried my face in my hands and continued to cry. I only lifted it when I felt a hand on my back. I hoped it was Hoya but instead it was Sunggyu. My mom and the doctor were by the door discussing something in a whisper.

            “Is everything okay?” Sunggyu asked me.

            “Does everything look okay?” I asked.

            I wiped away the tears and Sunggyu pulled me into a hug.

            “Is there anyway I can make things better?”

            “Take me to see Hoya.” I said.

            It might be stupid of me to ask. When I see him lying in the bed, then I might start crying all over again. But I’m taking the risk.

            “Sunggyu.”  My mom called.

            He told me to wait while he talked to my mom. They stepped outside to talk and I sighed. I stared at the floor while I waited. When they came back in, they wouldn’t tell me if we were going to see Hoya or not. Just that it was time for us to go. Sunggyu tried to sing me some songs to make me feel better. It sort of helped me. I actually wound up falling asleep and had Sunggyu waking me.

            “We’re here.” He told me.

            I looked out the window and as soon as I saw where we were I ran out of the car. Sunggyu and my mom were calling after me. I ignored them. Hoya was in that building.