Chapter 5

What. The. Heck!

Eventually we stopped running and he gave me back my backpack. We were now walking to our destination in silence. Soon we stopped at a hospital and the lady at the front greeted us. She didn't question us about why we weren't in school and let Dongwoo lead me down the hall and to a room. Inside the room, was a sight I'd rather Dongwoo didn't show me. This guy looked awful. Broken bones, head wrapped in gauze. Are they saying I caused this?

“He's in a coma.” Dongwoo said.

I was able to look away from this guy who had to be the friend and at Dongwoo. I watched Dongwoo go up to his friend and look at him ready to cry.

“The two of us were walking to his house. He stopped and knelt down to tie his shoe. It was then I noticed an idiot in the street who had a car coming at them. The idiot turned out to be you. Anyways, I watched it swerve out of the way at the last second and it was coming our way. I told Ho- my friend to watch out and I dived out of the way. He couldn't get out of the way in time and the car knocked him in the head.”

“That's when the scary guy came out and I ran.” I said.

“Did you think that guy was going to kill you or something? All he wanted was for you to come over and help. It made me so mad when my friend's mom understood that you left. She was scared when she came to the hospital and saw this guy waiting outside her son's room. He turned out to be okay but still she was scared the whole time.”

“Dongwoo, why do you keep calling him your friend? Why haven't you said his name?”

“I don't want you to know it. I don't want you to be able to come and visit him. You left him. You don't deserve to visit him.”

“I didn't know. If I did, I would have stayed.”

I looked at the poor friend and tried to go up to him and grab his hand. Dongwoo slapped my hand away before I could.

“Don't touch him.” he said.

“Why? I want to properly apologize to him. So let me hold his hand and know his name.”

I tried again to grab his hand and Dongwoo grabbed onto my wrist.

“Were going back to school.” he said.

I tried to free my wrist but his grip was too strong.

“You can't just force me to come here, make me feel like crap for leaving, then tell me I'm going back to school!”

“It's what you deserve.”

My hands curled into fists and I tried again to free myself. Dongwoo let me go and I stormed out of the room. Dongwoo was getting on my nerves. Yes, I left. Yes, I know I shouldn't of. Just let me properly forgive myself! That's all I ask!

I took a note of the room number before I left. I will be back. Dongwoo thinks that he can keep me away but he can't. I ignored Dongwoo as he called to me and told me school was in the other direction. I wasn't going to school. I was going home. Hoya was there and surprised to me.

“School isn't over.” he said.

I ignored his obvious statement and went up and hugged him. The action shocked Hoya and he was hesitant at returning the hug.

“I thought you didn't want me here.” he said.

“I do. I need your help.” I said into his shirt. “I'm the reason that someone went into a coma. I want you to figure out who it is and tell me what you can about him.”

“How are you the reason?”

“I stood there like an idiot as a car was heading toward me. He hit this person instead. Hoya, please figure out who he is.”

“Later.” Hoya said.

He hugged me tighter and I then started to cry. Dongwoo is awful for making me feel like this. Was all of this really necessary? I just feel like he's going to far with this. I get that he is going through a lot and he's hurting right now. Did he have to make me hurt too?

“I think it's time that I was truthful.” Hoya said after he had calmed me down.

We were now sitting on my bed and he still has his arms around me. I've known him for a short amount of time but I felt... safe in his arms.

“What truth?” I asked him.

“When I told you that this was my room and that you were going crazy, I was just messing with you. It was never my room.”

“Why would you do that?”

“It was fun. You were so confused and you actually thought that something happened to you.”

I smacked Hoya's arm and then got off the bed. Hoya laughed.

“Can't believe you. Anything else you want to be truthful about?”

“Yes. I'm-”

Hoya stopped when we heard a knock on the front door. I ignored it.

“Your what?” I asked.

The knocking was lounder and longer this time. I excused myself and went to see who it was. It was Sungjong. He ran inside and gave me a hug.

“Are you okay? Dongwoo told me what he did. That was so mean of him to do that to you!”

“Sungjong, I'm fine. Why aren't you in school right now?”

“I had to make sure that you were okay.”

Then I saw Woohyun and Myungsoo running up my yard. They came inside and took a second to catch their breaths.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked.

“We followed Sungjong to see where he would go.” Myungsoo said.

Woohyun then started to walk around.

“So you live here?” he asked.

“Yes. Don't go down the hall though. Stay in this room please.”

I closed my front door then saw Myungsoo heading down the hall to where my room was.

“When I said don't go down the hall, that meant everyone.” I told him.

“Why?” Sungjong asked.

“My room is a mess.” I said.

Woohyun rolled his eyes.

“What if we have to go to the bathroom?”

“Then let me know. I don't want you to see my room.”

The four of us hung out together and the thing that made us stop was my mom. I heard the car and scooted everyone to the back.

“I'm not supposed to have people over. I'm grounded. You'll have to jump the fence because the gate makes the loudest creak in the world.”

Woohyun didn't leave.

“Breaking the rules. I like that.” he said.

I smiled at him. He liked that I was breaking the rules. Luckily, Sungjong pulled him out of the house just in time. I closed the door behind them then went into the kitchen as my mom came inside. She didn't say anything but looked around.

“Is someone here?” she asked.

I shook my head. I was too scared to talk right now. She walked over to the coffee table and I slapped my forehead. Woohyun had left his phone in the rush.

“I know that doesn't belong to you.” my mom said.

“A friend wanted to walk me home so I let him. Then he wanted some water so I let him have a glass of water before he left. I guess while he was here he must have taken out his phone and left it there.”

That was a pretty believable explanation, right?

“ChanSook, your grounded.”

“Does that mean I'm in even more trouble since I let him have some water?”

My mom nodded and I sighed.

“I was going to let you off with a warning but since you decided to let someone in when they weren't allowed, two weeks. You're grounded for two weeks. No one is allowed over and you have to come straight home from school.”

I just nodded. I took Woohyun's phone and went into my room. Hoya was in there still and he was asleep on my bed. I tapped him on the head with the phone and he opened his eyes.

“I was relaxing here.” he said.

“It's my bed. You have to make room for me.”

Hoya sat up and I sat down next to him.

“Who's phone?” Hoya asked and took Woohyun's phone out of my hand.

“Someones.” I said.

I tried to get it back but Hoya wouldn't give it back. He started to look through it.

“He has stalker pictures of you.” Hoya said and then covered his mouth with his hand in shock.

I took the phone and looked at the screen. The picture was just of Woohyun. I smacked Hoya's arm as he started to laugh.

“That is so not funny. And keep it down. My mom might here us.”

“She won't here me.” Hoya said.

I made Hoya leave and I waited to hear my mom yell at him. She didn't. How does Hoya get passed her without being seen?

I looked at Woohyun's phone and wondered if I should snoop or not. His phone then buzzed and he had a new text.

From: Sunggyu

tonight. Park. 10. If you won't be able to sneak out txt me back.

I looked at the text and contemplated going or not. Obviously, I'm not invited. But it would be a chance to give someone his phone since he won't be there. I was also curious to know what they would be doing. Is it just some random hang out late at night? I'll go and find out at 10. Tonight. In the park. Time to break the rules some more.