Chapter 15

What. The. Heck!

I was nervous as I ate my breakfast. Today I was going to break up with Woohyun… possibly  

            “Mom, what’s the best way to break up with someone?” I asked.

            “Break up? You’re breaking up with Woohyun? He can cook though. Tonight he was supposed to cook for us. Why are you breaking up with him?”

            “There’s… someone else.” I said.

            “But you only dated for, what, a week? Who is the guy?”

            Before I could answer there was a knock. I went to the door and opened it to see Sungjong.

            “What are you doing here?” I asked.

            “I’m making sure you break up with him.”

            He came into the house and greeted my mom.

            “Hello there, Sungjong. Would you like some breakfast?”

            “Thank you for offering but I already ate before I came over here.”

            Sungjong took a seat next to where my breakfast was and I decided to sit back down.

            “Sungjong, I’m going to break up with him.” I told him. “I can’t if you’re watching us though.”

            My mom seemed to put the pieces together.

            “The someone else is Sungjong?” she asked.

            Sungjong grabbed onto my hand and I pulled it away. He gave me an adorable pout so I let him hold onto it. He showed our hands to my mom and she didn’t seem happy or sad.

            “Can you cook? Woohyun was going to cook tonight.”

            “I can cook noodles.”

            My mom seemed okay with the fact that I was dumping Woohyun for Sungjong. I find it funny that not to long ago she wanted me to date Sungjong instead of Woohyun. Now it was the other way around.

            “Sungjong, you can’t be around when Woohyun gets here.” I told him.

            He sighed and stood up.

            “Alright. I’ll meet you at school.”

            He left me to finish my breakfast in peace. When I was cleaning my plate, Woohyun came. He grabbed my bag and put it on his back along with his. Then he grabbed my hand and hurried me out the door. Once we were out, he continued down the street in the opposite direction.

            “Woohyun, school is that way.” I said.

            I pointed behind us and Woohyun laughed.

            “You think we’re going to school?”

            “Well, yeah, it’s a school day. Therefore, we’re going to school.”

            “That’s where you’re wrong. I was thinking about us and I don’t think I’ve been the best boyfriend lately so today I’m going to change that.”

            “Can’t it wait till after school?”

            Woohyun stopped walking and faced me with a devious smile on.

            “Nope.” He said.

            He gave me a kiss and I was confused. I think I do like him. I think I like Sungjong too. Is it possible to like two people at once?

            “Where are we going?” I asked.

            “First we are going to my house to drop off our bags. Then to the aquarium.”

            At first I thought that a place filled with fish wouldn’t be that romantic. I changed my mind as we got there though. The aquarium was a beautiful and romantic place.  After looking at all the fish, we saw a romantic comedy at the theater. Then we got some food at McDonalds. I laughed when he pulled me inside.

            “What’s so funny about McDonalds?” he asked.

            I then realized I couldn’t tell him. I was thinking about what Hoya told me he would do. That instead of ice cream he would have taken me to McDonalds.

            “Nothing.” I said.

            My phone buzzed and I took it out to see Sungjong was calling.

            “I’m going to use the restroom.” I told Woohyun.

            I hurried over and once I was inside the restroom I answered the phone.

            “Where are you?” Sungjong asked.

            “I’m at McDonalds.” I said.

            “Why aren’t you at school right now?”

            “I decided to take Woohyun out for one last date then I was going to break up with him when it was over.”

            “You better or else we can’t be together.”

            We said goodbye and I put my phone away before I left the restroom. Woohyun was waiting for me in line.

            “What do you want to eat?” he asked.

            “Just some nuggets and fries.” I said.

            “And we can share a milkshake.”

            I nodded and felt guilty as he was standing there, smiling and happy. We talked while we ate and we shared our food. Once we had eaten, we went to the park and walked around. Then we went back to his place so that I could get my bag. As soon we were inside, Woohyun starts to kiss me. He kissed me as if we wouldn’t be able to kiss again. That worried me. When we pulled apart, he turned his back to me.

            “Woohyun…”

             I didn’t know what to say. Was he actually breaking up with me?

            “I saw you.” He said.

            “What?” I asked.

            “I saw you kiss him.”

            Oh, snap. I get it now. Woohyun did all of this because he thinks he is losing me to Sungjong. I guess he kind of is.

            “Does that mean you’re breaking up with me?”

            Woohyun turned back to face me and shook his head.

            “I don’t want to break up with you. I won’t be mad either as long as you pick me.”

            I looked at his worried face while I thought. I thought about the day we just shared and the kiss I just had with him. Also the kiss I had yesterday with Sungjong. Then a thought occurred to me. Should it be this hard to pick? What if instead of me liking both of them, I don’t like either like that which is why I can’t decide? I guess I thought I did. I think I settled it. I don’t really like either.  

            “I pick neither.” I said.

            Woohyun was taken by surprise with my answer.

            “What? Why?”

            “I like you both, I just don’t think I like you guys in that way.”

            “Well, now I’m mad.” Woohyun stated.

            He grabbed my bag and held it out at me.

            “You’re now my ex so you can leave.”

            It was my turn to be surprised by his words.

            “What?” I asked.

            “Why are you surprised? You decided on neither so that means that we aren’t together anymore. So it’s time for you to leave and break the news to Sungjong.”

            I nodded and took my bag. I left his house and made my way to Sungjong’s. On the way there, Hoya appeared next to me.

            “I’m so proud of you.” He said.

            He gave me a hug and as much as I wanted to push him off, I didn’t.

            “Hoya, I’m not really in the mood for this.”

            “Yes you are. Don’t deny it.”

            When I got to Sungjong’s house I saw him waiting outside for me. He ran up to me and gave me a hug.

            “We need to talk.” I told him.

            He stepped back and pouted.

            “You want to be with him don’t you?” he said.

            “No, it’s over between us.”

            He smiled and went for a kiss. I stopped him.

            “I don’t want to date you though.” I said. “Woohyun said he saw us yesterday so he told me to pick and after thinking about it I chose neither.”

            “Why? So you can date Dongwoo?”

            “What? No! Not Dongwoo. I actually don’t want to date anyone right now.”

            “Anyone that’s alive.” Hoya said.

            “Hoya.” I said and gave him a glare.

            He can’t just pop in from nowhere and give his opinion.

            “You want to date Hoya?” Sungjong asked.

            He was confused and I can understand why.

            “No. I just, well, Hoya… I don’t.”

            “Smooth.” Hoya said.

            He then vanished and I sighed.

            “I’ll see you tomorrow at school.” I said.

            I hurried away and soon Hoya appeared next to me. I punched his arm and he pouted.

            “That hurt.” He said.

            “You deserve it. You made me look like an idiot in front of Sungjong.”

            My mom was disappointed to find out I wasn’t dating Woohyun or Sungjong. I offered to cook since I knew that was why she was upset. I cooked the most basic meal I could and I had Hoya by my side criticizing me the whole time. It was hard for me to not smack him with the spoon I was using. Hoya is just so annoying.