Chapter 4

What. The. Heck!

Usually, I just wake up to my alarm. However, my mom was the one that woke me up this morning.

“We need to talk.” she said.

I covered my head with the pillow

“Can this wait a minute? I just woke up.” I said from under the pillow.

She let me get ready for school and then while we sat down and had some breakfast she talked to me.

“I just want to make sure everything is okay.” she said.

“Why wouldn't they be?” I asked.

“The past few days you haven't really been yourself. I used to come home and you couldn't wait to tell me about what happened at school. Now you just say that you had a good day.”

“So that means that I'm not okay?”

My mom nodded her head. I started to stab my food. The reason I was mad is because this is all Hoya's fault.

“Mom, I'm fine.” I told her.

“Well then why haven't you told me anything lately?”

“Maybe it's because I'm not a little kid anymore. I don't have to tell you everything.”

My mom was shocked with my cold words.

“Maybe you don't have to tell me everything but as your mom I have a right to know what goes on in your life.”

“I think that I have a right to leave so I'm not late for school.”

I got up and grabbed my piece of toast.

“Park ChanSook, you better sit down and tell me what you have been up to.”

“I've been good so what's the deal?”

“You better quit with that attitude young lady or else.”

“Or else what?” I asked.

I kept my attitude. I had no intentions of getting rid of it.

“That's it. Your grounded.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Not like I had any plans.” I mumbled.

I left the house and kicked a rock that was in the sidewalk. I've known Hoya for about three days now and he's already made me get in a fight with my mom. It was the first time I acted like that to her. I didn't really mean to. I just wanted her to stop asking me if I was okay. I'm fine.

“Hey, toast.”

I looked to my right and saw Hoya snatch the toast out of my hand and took a bite. I grabbed him by the shirt and backed him up to the fence.

“Get out of my life!” I yelled at him.

“I'm sorry. Take your toast back.”

I rolled my eyes and just started to walk away.

“It's not about the toast.” I told him.

“Well then what made you all mad and stuff?”

“You! Because your here, I talked back to my mom and now I'm grounded.”

“So what if you can't hang out with Sungjong? At least you got me.”

Hoya was not getting the point here.

“I don't want you though! Can you just pretend I'm not here for one day?”

It was at this time I noticed his attire. Regular clothes. No school uniform.

“Don't you have to go to school?” I asked.

“The thing is...”

Hoya ran away and I was glad that I had asked him. Again, I ran into Sungjong.

“Yesterday you were confused and now your mad. Am I going to get a new emotion everyday?”

I shrugged my shoulders.

“Maybe. Who knows.”

It all depends on if Hoya ticks me off.

“Well let's hope that you're smiling tomorrow.”

Now that Hoya was gone and I was with Sungjong, I smiled. For once Sungjong said that he wanted me to do the talking. I didn't know what to talk about though. Sungjong helped me out and he asked me some questions about myself. I told him things like what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to be a teacher for little kids. I told him what I liked to do and what I liked to eat.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Sungjong asked.

I honestly didn't think he would ask that.

“No.” I said.

Then we had to part ways so we could go to our classes. On my way to lunch, I was pulled into the janitors closet by an unknown person. I took out my phone and shined the light in their face. It was Woohyun who had pulled me in here.

“Woohyun, I'm not comfortable being in here with you.” I said.

“I just need to know what Sungjong has told you.”

He talks so much I'm wondering what he hasn't told me.

“You mean everything that he has told me?” I asked.

“No. Just the part about us being seven.”

“That's it. Just that you guys used to have seven and now you have six. Why?”

“Thank you. That's all I needed to know.”

Woohyun opened the door and left the closet. I stood there for a moment in shock. Then I saw Sunggyu passing by and pulled him in.

“I can't be in here. I have a girlfriend.” he said.

“Relax. I just need you to answer me some questions.”

“I can't do that either. I know what you want to ask about and I'm sorry but I can't tell you anything.”

He tried to leave but I stopped him.

“I just want to know why you find it odd that Sungjong picked me to hang out with.”

“Ask Myungsoo or something. I have to go.”

Sunggyu left the closet and I stayed in there. No one was passing by for me to pull in. I decided that no one would come and I left it. I went to the cafeteria and sat by Kari.

“What do you know about them having seven people?” I asked.

“I don't really recall a seventh person.” she said. “I try not to associate myself with them ever since Dongwoo broke up with me.”

“If you dated Dongwoo, then you had to have seen them with seven people right?”

Kari shook her head.

“The story goes like this: Last year I came here a little after the second semester started. On the first day I'm here, Dongwoo asks me out. We go on one date then he dumps me after I told him I wouldn't kiss him on the first date. To make things worse, it was all a stupid bet he had going on with Sungyeol. So I never dared to looked at him again and I became a pro at avoiding him.”

I really wanted to figure out this whole thing. Hopefully Myungsoo can be nice enough to fill me in. I decided to go on over to their table where I was only met with one smile. Sungjong's. Myungsoo was just eating his food and not really caring either way. It's better then the glares I was getting from everyone else.

“I have done nothing to you guys. This is only my second week here at this school. Why do you guys hate me?”

“Guys come on. It's not like she did it on purpose.” Myungsoo said.

I have no clue what he's defending me on but I'm glad he's doing so.

“She fled though.” Dongwoo said.

The two started to talk as if I didn't exist. I knew what they were talking about. I knew it from the moment Dongwoo mentioned me fleeing. When I had mentioned that car didn't hit me to Hoya, there was more to the story. It was more then just the car stopped in the nick of time. Actually that wasn't the story at all.

The car was coming after me. I stood there like a deer in headlights as I watched it move closer and closer. I had frozen in place. Luckily for me, the car swerved and avoided me. It then stopped and the scariest looking man in the world who was covered in tattoos came out of the car. He pointed to me and screamed for me to go over to him. I ran away with the worst thoughts in my head. I thought he wanted to kill me. Somehow this all relates to their friend.

“What does me fleeing from a guy who looked like he wanted to kill me have to do with your friend?” I asked over Myungsoo and Dongwoo's discussion.

The discussion stopped and the two of them looked over at me.

“I'll show you.” Dongwoo said.

He grabbed his bag and placed it on his back. Then he snatched mine and made me run out of the cafeteria and after him. He ran to a window and opened it up. He took a quick look back at me before tossing my bag out the window. I finally caught up to him.

“You did not just do that.” I said.

“If you want it back. You are coming with me.” he said.

He climbed out the window and I followed even though I really, REALLY didn't want to.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“You'll see when we get there.”

He grabbed my bag again and taunted me with it. He started to run again and I followed after him. I wonder where we are going.

---------------------------------------------------------

To all commenters and subscribers... THANK YOU! :) You are all great! ....Just thought you should know that. ;)