Chapter 12

What. The. Heck!

“Woohyun, honestly, you don’t-”

            He put a finger up to my lips and shushed me. We were in my house right now and he was preparing food for dinner tonight. The dinner where my mom will be judging him.

            “Yes I do.” Woohyun said. “If you want your mom to like me, then I’m cooking the dinner. Don’t you think after coming home from a long day at work, she’d love to come home to a nice meal?”

            “Long day at work? She’s an accountant.”

            “You don’t know what it’s like to be an accountant.”

            “Oh, and you do?”

            Woohyun shook his head as he went back to focusing on making the food. I watched him with a smile as he prepared everything. I think he would make an excellent chef. My mom came home when everything was almost ready.

            “Wow, something sure does smell good.” She said.

            I brought her into the kitchen and showed her all the food.

            “All made by Woohyun who didn’t want you to worry about making dinner.” I said.

            “If he can cook, then I have my mind made up as long as he doesn’t mind coming over and cooking once and a while.”

            “So you approve?” I asked.

            My mom nodded and Woohyun and I cheered. He set down the spoon he was using and gave me a hug.

            “The two of you go sit down and I’ll do the finishing touches.” Woohyun said.

            My mom and I sat down at the dining room table and I thought about how Hoya hadn’t appeared all day. I wonder why. Wait, why do I care? Probably because it’s not like him to not annoy me. For the rest of the night while Woohyun was over, Hoya didn’t show up.

            “Tomorrow after school, can we go visit Hoya?” I asked Woohyun.

            It was now time for him to go after the dinner where my mom decided a guy who can sing and cook for me is perfect.

            “If you want to then we can go down there.” He said.

            He then looked to my mom for permission to kiss me.

            “Go ahead.” She said and went down the hall and into her room.

            After we shared a kiss, Woohyun left and I went into my room. There I saw Hoya sitting on the floor.

            “Hey, where have you been?” I asked.

            I took a seat next to him and saw that he looked ready to cry.

            “I’ve been watching Dongwoo.” He said.

            “What has he been up to?”

            Hoya shook his head and then laid it on my shoulder.

            “He is starting to feel guilty. He kept on telling himself that if he had told me to watch out sooner then I could have dodged the car. I don’t know when he’s going to do it but he said…”

            Hoya stopped and I wrapped my arms around him and tried to make him feel better.

            “What did he say?” I asked.

            “He said that he doesn’t deserve to be living his life while I’m in a coma. He was talking about trying to get himself in the hospital.”

            “Purposefully put himself in the hospital? That’s insane! What if he dies instead of injuring himself? Hoya you need to find out when this is happening and let me know so I can stop it.”

            Hoya nodded and then he was gone. I took out my phone and looked at it. I wanted to call someone but what would I say? Finally, after much thought and contemplation, I dialed Sungjong’s number. Hoya did say he didn’t care if I was a freak.

            “Hello?” he said.

            It sounded like I had just woken him up. I looked at the clock and felt bad. It was eleven right now. The again this is a serious matter.

            “Sungjong, I’m sorry for waking you but this is important.”

            “What’s wrong?” he asked.

            “I don’t know how to tell you that I know this but I do. Dongwoo is thinking about putting himself in the hospital because he feels guilty.”

            “Are you serious? He’s thinking of doing it right now?”

            I hesitated answering. Was it right now? Hoya then appeared in front of me.

            “He wants to be hit by a car. He’s going to go where I got hit right now.”

            “What?” I said aloud. “Sungjong, he wants to be hit by a car at the same place that Hoya was hit.”

            “Tell me what road and I’ll be there.”

            After giving Sungjong the information, I hung up and ran for the door. I didn’t even think about putting on shoes. Or telling my mom. I ran out thinking of all the possible outcomes. When I reached the street I saw Dongwoo sitting in the road.

            “Dongwoo!” I yelled.

            I went up to him and heard Sungjong calling his name as well.

            “What are you doing here?” he asked me.

            Then he asked Sungjong the same question when he was close enough.

            “We’re stopping you.” I said.

            “Dongwoo, don’t do this to us. It’s already bad enough with Hoya in the hospital.” Sungjong said.

            “How did you even know?”

            Sungjong pointed to me and Dongwoo looked at me confused.

            “I can’t explain but we need to get out of this road before you do something that you regret.”

            I tried to get him off the ground but he wouldn’t budge.

            “Sungjong help me.” I said.

            We each grabbed an arm and tried to pull him up. He was resisting getting up. Dongwoo was too strong for us.

            “I should call Woohyun.” I said.

            I took out my phone and Sungjong snatched it.

            “No. We can do it.”

            We then saw lights on us and heard a car horn. I turned and saw a car speeding at us and it appeared to be driven by someone drunk. Next thing I know I’m being moved out of the way and I’m falling onto the ground of the street. I scraped up my arm but that was it. The car was gone in a flash and I didn’t even have time to yell at it because I then heard a cry of pain. I saw Dongwoo laying there in the road. My eyes widened and I went over to him. Then I took a look around for Sungjong. I saw him holding onto his wrist. He was sitting by the sidewalk and rocking back and forth.

            “What just happened?” he asked.

            He sounded like a frightened little boy.

            “Dongwoo got his wish. We need to call an ambulance.”

            Sungjong took my phone and called while I looked at Dongwoo clueless. Hoya was then next to me calling out Dongwoo’s name.

            “ChanSook! Fix him! Dongwoo, why? ChanSook don’t just sit there! Help him! You’re alive!”

            “Shut up!” I screamed.

            I looked over at Sungjong who was to preoccupied to even care about what I did. I looked back at Dongwoo and that’s it. Just looked. What was I to do?

            “Dongwoo, everything is going to be okay.” I told him.

            “It hurts.” He said. “My leg, it hurts.”

            I had Hoya next to me freaking out, Dongwoo crying about his leg and Sungjong who was frightened to death. It was too much for me. I cried as I kept telling Dongwoo that things were going to be okay. Soon I was saying it to both of us. Then to reassure myself. I went over to Sungjong once he was done on the phone and gave him a hug.

            “Ow! Watch the wrist.” He said.

            I backed up and looked at his wrist.

            “I fell on it.” He said.

            “Did you push me out of the way?” I asked him.

            “No, I thought you pushed me out of the way.”

            We then looked at Dongwoo who was on the ground. He had pushed us out of the way so that we wouldn’t get hurt. That meant that he couldn’t get out of the way in time.

Soon the paramedics arrived and they had us taken to the hospital. I was waiting for some news on Sungjong or Dongwoo. They took them both to do whatever they needed to do. I don’t know because when it comes to all this medical stuff I’m clueless. I had texted all the guys saying that they needed to get to the hospital now. The first person to arrive and find me was Sungyeol. I went up and hugged him. It felt a little weird. The two of us weren’t that close but I needed someone right now.

            “What happened?” he asked.

            He backed me up so he could see what was wrong with me. I told him all I had was a scrape and I waited to say anything else because I saw Myungsoo looking around for us. I called him over to us and he looked at my arm.

“It’s nothing. You need to be worrying about Dongwoo and Sungjong.”

            I didn’t say anything until they were all here.

            “How did you know Dongwoo was going to do that?” Sunggyu asked.

            “That’s not important.” I said. “We just need to make sure that he’s okay.”

            It hadn’t occurred until now that tonight was a school night and it was very late. I wasn’t going to school tomorrow. There was no way I could. I laid my head on Woohyun’s shoulder and started to dose off. Woohyun could tell I was fighting the sleep.

            “You should rest.” He told me.

            I shook my head as my eyes started to close again.

            Sunggyu was then singing and I looked at him with as much shock as I could at this late hour. He sings too? Woohyun joined in and I soon realized what they were singing is a lullaby. I cuddled into Woohyun and gave up on fighting the sleep. I’ll figure everything out when I’m not tired and I can comprehend what the doctors tell me. 

----------------------------------------

44 subscribers! that's double my favorite number :)

Thank you for all of your comments! They make me smile :D

I'm so glad that you all love my story! <3