Chapter 13

What. The. Heck!

When I woke up, I saw Woohyun on the phone with someone and everyone else still sleeping. I was still tired so I closed my eyes and listened to Woohyun speak on the phone.

            “Yes she is fine.” He said. “Only a little scrape….I don’t think she was planning on going to school…. We weren’t either. Tomorrow though we will.”

            Woohyun said goodbye and ended the call. I opened my eyes and looked at him.

            “Who was that?” I asked.

            “That was your mom. She called your phone wondering where you were. I explained everything to her. She isn’t mad and hopes that Dongwoo and Sungjong are okay.”

            I nodded as I yawned.

            “Have you heard anything?” I asked.

            “I just woke up about a minute ago to talk to your mom.”

            Then a nurse came up to us and seemed relieved. She started to ramble on about how she didn’t know what to do because she wanted to tell us about our friends but didn’t want to wake us. She rambled about how she was glad that the two of us were awake and soon it ended with her asking if we would like to know what was going on. I had this feeling she was new here.

            “We’d like that.” Woohyun said.

            “Well, the younger boy, Sungjong, sprained his wrist. It’s nothing too serious. Right now he’s resting his wrist. Then Dongwoo, he broke his leg. He’s going to need a cast.”

            “Can we see them?” I asked.

            “Why don’t you wait a few minutes for your friends to wake up and I’ll see if Dongwoo is up.”

            The nurse left us and Woohyun put an arm around my shoulder.

            “Why don’t we wake everyone up so we can go see them?” Woohyun suggested.

            I nodded then went over to Myungsoo and woke him up. Woohyun woke up Sunggyu and Myungsoo woke up Sungyeol.

            “What’s going on?” Sungyeol asked.

            “The nurse is seeing if Dongwoo is awake. If he is then we get to go see him and Sungjong.”

            Sungyeol nodded and closed his eyes. Sunggyu smacked the back his head.

            “Wake up we’re going to see our friends.” He said.

            After a minute or two the nurse was back and led us all to see Dongwoo and Sungjong. Sungjong was waiting outside the room for us. I went up and carefully gave him a hug.

            “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have called you.” I told him.

            “It’s okay. It’s just a sprain. This isn’t even the hand that I write with.”

            All of us went into Dongwoo’s room where he was laying there.

            “How stupid can you be?” Sunggyu asked.

            I looked at him in disbelief. Was he really about to yell at his friend who’s in the hospital?

            “I’m not stupid. I deserved to have my leg broken. I shouldn’t have come out unharmed when Hoya got put into a coma.”

            “Still, you don’t go and wait in the middle of the road for a car to hit you!”

            “Sunggyu…” I said.

            Woohyun shushed me. What the heck? He wants Sunggyu to continue?

            “We already have Hoya in the hospital. We don’t need our group to have any more problems.”

            “It’s just a broken leg.” Dongwoo said.

            “No. This is serious. You know that now you can’t dance until your leg is better.”

            “Hoya is my partner so it’s not like it matters.”

            So now I figure out that not only Hoya can dance but Dongwoo as well.

            “Well then think about Sungjong. He could have been hurt much worse.”

            “I didn’t even know he would come. Or that ChanSook would come. Both of them weren’t even supposed to.”

            “He did and-”

            “Stop!” I yelled.

            I got in the middle of the two as if they were fighting.

            “You guys shouldn’t be arguing.” I said.

            “ChanSook just let them do their thing.” Myungsoo said.

            “No. It’s times like these when friends need to be there for each other. Sunggyu, I get why you’re yelling at him. You don’t want anything to happen to your friends. Yelling won’t help things though. Dongwoo, everything happens for a reason. There is a reason that you didn’t get hurt by the car that put Hoya into a coma. Soon, you’ll figure it out.”

            “You’re right, ChanSook.” Dongwoo said. “Guys can you let me talk to her in private for a moment?”

            Everyone besides Woohyun left.

            “Why?” Woohyun asked.

            “Woohyun, there is no need to worry. Just give us a minute.” I said.

            Woohyun looked at Dongwoo for a moment before he left. I took a seat by the bed and was shocked when Dongwoo grabbed my hand.

            “Thank you.” He said. “I’m glad that you knew to come and now that you mention the fact that everything happens for a reason, I think I know why I didn’t get hit.”                      

            “What do you mean?” I asked.

            I tried to take away my hand but he wouldn’t let it go.

            “I mean the reason I didn’t get hit was so that last night could happen.”

            “Dongwoo, that doesn’t make any sense. You don’t get hit so you can get hit?”

            “Not necessarily to get hit. To realize something. You care for me and I care for you.”

            I took a moment to think what he could mean. It soon came to me. I got off the chair and tried again to get my hand back. I’m too weak though.

            “No, no, no, no, no.” I said.

            “ChanSook, forget about Woohyun and forget about Sungjong.”

            “Sungjong? Since when was he involved in this?”

            “Exactly, he wasn’t. I haven’t really been nice to you because of the whole Hoya thing so why would you bother to stop me if you didn’t care about me? If you didn’t want to be with me.”

            I tried to get myself free while I talked.

            “Because Hoya is going to wake up and when he does I didn’t want him to hear that something happened to his best friend because he felt guilty.”

            Dongwoo grabbed my other hand and sat up in the bed. Hoya then was next to the bed, outraged.

            “What?! Dongwoo too? Broken leg or not I can’t allow this.”

            “Dongwoo, I don’t think you really like me like that.” I said.

            “That’s right. Tell him!” Hoya said.

            “But I do. When I saw the lights of that car, I realized that I didn’t want you to get hit.”

            “That doesn’t mean that you like me.”

            This time I was able to get my hands free.

            “Wait.” Dongwoo said.

            I ignored him and walked out of the room. I went up to Woohyun and gave him a kiss. Then I hugged him.

            “Dongwoo didn’t.” Woohyun said.

            “It’s seeming like he did.” Myungsoo said.

            “Dongwoo went after your girl.” Sungyeol said with a gasp.

            “Now can I yell at him?” Sunggyu asked.

            I nodded and Sunggyu went back inside Dongwoo’s room.

            “Not cool.” I heard him say before the door closed.

            “I think we should get some fresh air.” Woohyun said.

            He took my hand and led me outside.

            “I don’t like him like that.” I told Woohyun.

            “I know you don’t.”

            We sat in silence for a few minutes.  I thought about what Dongwoo said about forgetting Sungjong. Was that a random name that he threw in there? Sungjong and I are friends so it had to be. What other explanation could there be?