Chapter 18

What. The. Heck!

I woke up and expected to see Hoya. Not only that but I wanted to see him. He however, didn’t show. During breakfast, on my way to school, or at school. I sat with Dongwoo at lunch. I had taken that big test right before lunch and I think I failed it. We sat our own table because with his cast I didn’t want him walking all the way to his normal table. Not long after we sat down the one whiny girl sat down next to Dongwoo. She put her head on Dongwoo’s shoulder.

            “Do you need me to do anything for you?” she asked him.

            That’s fine. Don’t even acknowledge my presence.

            “If you wouldn’t mind, I’m hanging out with my friend right now.” He said.

            The whiney girl left us and I was thankful. I thought that she wouldn’t want to leave.

            “Dongwoo, do you think it’s weird or wrong for me to want to know about Hoya? You know, what he was like and stuff.”

            “I don’t think it’s weird. What do you want to know about him?”

            “How good is his dancing? I heard you say in the hospital that he was your dance partner.”

            “His dancing is incredible. He’s a triple threat. He can dance, sing and rap.”

            “What can you do?”

            “I can do all three too but I don’t do much when it comes to singing. I focus more on my rapping.”

            We continued to talk about Hoya and the more I learned the more I wanted him to pop up right next to me and scare the crap out of me. After school, I walked with Dongwoo to his house and we continued to talk about Hoya.

            “So you all seem to be pretty popular with the girls at school.” I said. “Hoya is the same way right?”

            I felt weird asking but I wanted to know.

            “Hoya likes to be friends with all the girls. That’s it. He goes on a date every now and then but I don’t think he has had a girlfriend yet. Unless he was hiding her from us. The other guys were starting to believe he didn’t like girls. Then you came along.”

            “I came along? What do you mean?”

            “Hoya is probably going to be mad when he wakes up and finds out I told you this but he liked you. Remember we were talking about how it was a coincidence that Sungjong chose you to hang out with? That’s the reason why. Because Hoya liked you.”

            I get it now. Woohyun said he almost didn’t ask me out because of someone else. He said that person wouldn’t be making a move soon so he decided to ask me out. The person he was talking about was Hoya. Dongwoo then got a phone call and I helped him by taking out his phone from his bag for him.

            “Hey Sungyeol.” He said.

            Dongwoo’s face got serious as the conversation went on. Then his jaw was practically on the ground by the time he hung up.

            “I have to go.” He said.

            “Go where? Do you need me to go with you?” I asked.

            “No. I need to go by myself. I’ll see you in school.”

            But I didn’t. The rest of the week all seven of them were gone. I was going insane! Hoya still hadn’t shown himself. Today I went to the hospital and Hoy wasn’t there.

            “He was moved.” A nurse said to me.

            “To where?”

            Before she could answer I heard beeping and turns out she had a patient that needed tending to. I tried to ask someone else and they told me that anyone who needed to know where he was had already been told. Basically he told me that I didn’t matter.

            “I need to know.” I said.

            “Listen little girl. A list was made of people who get to know about his whereabouts and you weren’t on the list. I wasn’t in charge of the list and I know little about it. I don’t know why the list was even made. Talk to someone on the list.”

            I left the hospital and went over to Sungjong’s. He seemed to be the person that would tell me what is going on. I knocked on his door and his mom appeared.

            “Oh, ChanSook, Sungjong is at Myungsoo’s right now.” She told me.

            “Okay. Thank you.”

            I went over to Myungsoo’s and his mom said the two of them went over to Woohyun’s. So then I went over to his house where his mom said they went over to Sungyeol’s. How long will this be going on? I bet they won’t even be there. Woohyun’s mom gave me Sungyeol’s address and I go there to have his mom tell me the same thing. They went to Sunggyu’s house. I don’t even know why I’m on this wild goose chase anymore. I went over to Sunggyu’s and hugged him when I saw he answered the door.

            “Thank goodness you’re here.” I told him.

            “If you’re looking for the others they just left.” He told me.

            I stopped hugging him and backed up.

            “What?” I asked.

            That means this chase still isn’t over. Unless Sunggyu will tell me.

            “Yeah, they are on their way to Dongwoo’s. Is there something that you need?”

            “I just want to know what happened to Hoya. Apparently some list was made and now I can’t see him?”

            “Who told you about the list?”

            “Someone at the hospital. Why can’t I see Hoya?”

            Sunggyu looked behind him for a second. Then he stepped outside and closed the door behind him.

            “I think its best that you don’t worry about Hoya. I understand why you want to worry for him but I think you shouldn’t.”

            “I can’t do that. Hoya…”

            I couldn’t say what I wanted. Not without sounding weird. I wanted to say that I liked Hoya.

            “ChanSook, you weren’t even friends with him. You were just there at the accident. We’d appreciate it if you let him get better and let him come back to school before you talk to him.”

            “Wait, so he woke up?”

            Sunggyu shook his head. I thought that would explain why he just disappeared. Maybe I should just tell Sunggyu. No matter how wacky I sound, I’m going to tell him. He was about to go back inside but I grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

            “I could see his ghost.” I said.

            No going back now. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your birthday wishes!!!! <3

They added to my happiness yesterday! :D

@onewsangtae I got the Myungsoo photocard too! :)