Chapter 19

What. The. Heck!

 

            “What?” Sunggyu asked.

            “I could see Hoya’s ghost.” I said.

            Sunggyu looked at me for a moment and seemed to be thinking if he should believe my crazy statement or not. He then kept looking back and fourth from the door and me.

            “Just come in.” he finally said annoyed.

            I didn’t get why he was like that until we were inside. He had been questioning bringing me in because he had lied to me. The others were here and not on their ways to Dongwoo’s.

            “Why did you let her in? You weren’t supposed to.” Myungsoo said.

            “She just told me-”

            I covered his mouth with my hand. This is not how I wanted it to go. I wanted to tell him and only him.

            “Told you what?” Sungjong asked.       

            Sungyeol came over and took me away from Sunggyu. He held me like I was a prisoner.

            “Don’t tell them.” I said.

            “If you want to see Hoya, then let me tell them and then explain yourself.” He said.

            The others didn’t like Sunggyu’s proposition.

            “I’ll just tell them myself.” I told Sunggyu.

            Sungyeol let me go and they all took a seat on the floor and had all their attention on me.

            “I could see Hoya’s ghost.” I said repeating the words.

            “That’s a lie. Hoya wasn’t dead. He isn’t dead. He’s in a coma.” Myungsoo said.

            Since when did he move to the “I care” side? What happened to his whatever attitude?

            “We came up with the conclusion that he was a half ghost.”

            I laughed as I remembered the day he suggested him being a half ghost.

            “Half ghosts don’t exist.” Dongwoo said.

            “How would you know?” Sungjong asked.

            I smiled at him sticking up fro me. He wasn’t mad about me turning him down. At least he was being mature about it if he was mad.

            “If you claim to have seen his ghost then tell us about Hoya.” Woohyun said.

            “He can rap, sing, and dance.” I said.

            “I told you that.” Dongwoo said.

            “Well so did Hoya. He said he would bring me to McDonalds to cheer me up and kept on joking with me about me wanting him. When I snapped at him once and said he was a ghost, he reminded me that he was a half ghost that was in a coma and that when he woke up that I’d want him.”

            The guys all were silent as they looked at each other. They all thought I was crazy.

            “It sounds like him but…” Sungyeol trailed off.

            “You still sound like you’ve gone insane.” Myungsoo said.

            “I saw him. I promise you that I did. Sungjong, he was there next to me the day I told you that I didn’t want to go out with anyone. That’s why I said his name. He had made another one of his jokes and I was annoyed with him.”

            Sungjong looked at the ground and sighed.

            “ChanSook, I want to believe you.” He said.

            “Then believe me. He showed up in my room after the accident and I thought he was a crazy stalker. Then I figured out he was a ghost and that he wasn’t going to leave me alone. He was annoying but we became friends and then one day he invited me over to his house to swim. He wound up kissing me and I haven’t seen him sense. That was the day Dongwoo asked me to be his buddy.”

            No one said anything but looked to Sunggyu to have him say something for everyone.

            “I think I should take you home.” Sunggyu said.

            This was a big mistake. I shouldn’t have told this to Sunggyu. They all think I’m crazy now.

            “I’m not crazy. Sungjong, I’m not crazy.”

            Sungjong looked back down and pretended that he didn’t hear me. I sighed and headed for the door. Sunggyu followed me out the door and grabbed my arm.

            “I believe you. I believe in the insanity.” He told me.

            I smiled at him and gave him a hug.

            “Thank you.” I told him.

            Sunggyu walked home with me and he asked me questions about the whole Hoya thing.

            “So you said he kissed you?”

            “Yeah.” I said and smiled as I remembered.

            Then I frowned as I remembered it was the last I saw of him.

            “What was it like kissing a ghost?”

            “It didn’t feel like he was one. He was just Hoya. Who I miss.”

            “Hoya is going to wake up.”

            “Will he remember being a ghost though? That’s what I want to know.”

            “You’ll just have to wait and see.”

            I was really happy that Sunggyu had believed me. Also the fact that even though he thought I was crazy, he didn’t really show that he thought it.

            “Thank you again Sunggyu.”

            We were now at my house and I was about to head inside.

            “It’s no problem. If you want me to, I can try to talk to the others and get them to believe.”

            “No, it’s okay. Let them think I’m crazy.”

            I knew the truth and right now that’s all I cared about.