Chapter 14

What. The. Heck!

The rest of my week, it fell into a pattern. Woohyun walked with me to school, and I walked home with Sungjong to his house. We worked on our homework then I would go home and eat followed by spending time with Hoya. Sungjong had to have a… splint? I think that is what it was called. I had no intentions of going into the medical field so I wasn’t ashamed that I had no clue if I as saying it right.

            So he had to wear it for a couple days and this is the first day he has it taken off. I was watching his every move that he made.

            “ChanSook, I’m fine.” He said and gave me that adorable little smile of his.

            “Are you sure? Do you want to take a break from the math?”

            “Yes and yes.”

            We closed our books and set them to the side.

            “So Dongwoo will be out of the hospital tomorrow right?” I asked.

            “Yeah, I talked to him about what he told you and he said that he shouldn’t have done that and he is sorry.”

            I wasn’t sure what to say so I just nodded. Sungjong then asked how it was going between Woohyun and I.

            “We’re doing great.” I said.

            “Really? Because I feel like you’re settling with him.”

            “What do you mean settling? Why would I settle with Woohyun?”

            Sungjong shrugged.

            “I don’t know. I think it was just me wishing.”

            “Wishing?”

            “Forget it. Never mind.”

            Sungjong got off the floor and I did the same.

            “No, tell me.”

            Sungjong looked at the floor for a moment before looking me in the eyes. He grabbed onto my hand and everything clicked. Dongwoo said forget Sungjong because he liked me. I’m such an idiot. How did I not see this? How did I end up in this situation again?

            “Sungjong, remember what happened when Dongwoo did this?” I said.

            I took away my hand and he grabbed it again.

            “This is different though. I really don’t think you like Woohyun.”

            “If I didn’t like him, then why am I dating him?”

            Sungjong answered with a song. The song? Nuna Nomu Yeppo by SHINee. At first I was mad. Another one of them that could sing. Then I forgot about my anger as he was serenading me. It was just about the cutest thing on the planet. Woohyun has sung to me before, but not a song that described us or how he feels about me. It was just whatever song he thought of to sing at the time. It was nice to have a song actually sung to me. The words that stuck out the most were:

 

Beautiful girl

Still with someone else

It’s obvious she hasn’t known the taste of genuine love

 

Gosh Sungjong! Why are you making things difficult? After he was finished with the whole song, I did the insane. I gave him a kiss. A smile grew so wide on his face.

            “You better not tell anyone what I just did.” I told him.

            I grabbed my bag and put my book in it. Sungjong stopped me before I could get out the door.

            “You can’t just kiss me then leave.” He said.

            “I can if I have to make sense of it all.”

            I hurried out and after I was a good distance away I sighed and slowed down my pace. When I was in my room, Hoya appeared.

            “You’re here early.” He said. “You usually are over at Sungjong’s for another hour.”

            “Yeah, well, I kissed him so I had to leave.”

            “What? You kissed him?”

            I nodded and told Hoya the whole story.

            “I should go tell Woohyun.” He said.

            “No you shouldn’t. And you couldn’t anyway.”

            “Oh, yeah, that’s right. So does that mean that you’re breaking up with Woohyun?”

            “I don’t know.”

            “Well to make this simple why don’t you just date me?”

            I rolled my eyes and tossed my backpack at Hoya. He dodged it and it landed on my bed.

            “Hoya, you’re a ghost.” I reminded him.

            “A half host that is in a coma and will wake up. And once I do, you’ll want this.”

            He pointed to himself and I grabbed a nearby book and smacked him with it.

            “Hoya, this isn’t the time for jokes.”

            Hoya disappeared as my door was flung open.

            “I will not be left like that.” Sungjong said from the door.

            I sighed as he entered my room.

            “Sungjong, just give me an hour or two and I’ll tell you what you want to know.”

            He ignored my words and attacked me in a kiss. I dropped the book by my side as I started to kiss him back. Sungjong was right. I never did like Woohyun like that. Sure, he’s amazing. Yes, he is cute and yes he has an amazing voice. He’s an amazing guy for someone else though. When we pulled apart Sungjong seemed more then satisfied.

            “Sungjong, I can’t do this.” I told him.

            His eyes grew wide.     

            “What?” he asked.

            “Nothing can happen between us until I break up with Woohyun.”

            Sungjong pulled out his phone and held it out to me.

            “Tomorrow.” I told him.

            I didn’t know if I would actually do it though.

            “You have to do it while you’re waking to school.”

            Sungjong kissed my cheek and then left the happiest boy in the world. After he was gone, I sighed.

            “Hoya.” I whined.

            He reappeared and didn’t look happy.

            “I really should find a way to tell Woohyun.” He said.

            “That not necessary because I’m breaking up with him tomorrow…hopefully.”

            “Do you really like Sungjong?” he asked.

            “Hoya, he sang me SHINee.”

            “That doesn’t answer my question.”

            “Yes.”

            “What about Woohyun?”

            “No?”

            Hoya just shook his head then said he was going to the hospital to see Dongwoo.