Chapter 6

What. The. Heck!

When it was ten minutes until ten, I peeked out of my room and saw that the door to my mom's room was closed and the lights were off. She was asleep. I brushed out my hair real quick before I made my way out the front door. I don't think I've ever moved that slowly. Every sound I made sounded like something that could wake up my mom. It's just me being paranoid in the quiet. As I was heading to my destination, I was wondering where all this came from. The rule breaking. It was not like me. Yet, I was doing it.

I knew where the park was... sort of. If it was day time, I might be able to find it better. I hugged Woohyun's phone to my chest as I reached the park. I heard a thunderous laugh and some other laughs mixed in with it. I walked toward the laughing and saw all six of them. Woohyun was there too. The first to notice me was Dongwoo. He stopped laughing and I realized it was him that had that thunderous laugh. The others stopped to and looked over in my direction to figure out why he had stopped.

“ChanSook!” Sungjong said.

He came over to me and gave me a huge hug.

“Why are you here?” Dongwoo asked.

“I have Woohyun's phone. I just wanted to return it.” I said.

I went over to Dongwoo and I waved the phone in his face. Dongwoo snatched it and then held it out to Woohyun, who took it and hugged it like it was his lost child he was reunited with.

“I'll let you get back to... whatever.” I said.

I turned around but a hand grabbing my wrist stopped me from going anywhere.

“You should stay.” Woohyun said.

I turned my head to look at him and he had a friendly smile on.

“Yes! Stay!” Sungjong said.

The others told him to quiet down.

“Let her leave if she wants.” Dongwoo said.

“Does that mean if she wants to stay you'll let her?” Myungsoo asked.

“No. If she wants to leave, I won't stop her. If she wants to stay, I'll make her go.”

“I'm sick of you being mean to ChanSook.” Sungjong said.

“Sorry for caring for our friend!” Dongwoo yelled.

It was then quiet. No one said or did anything. I realized Woohyun still had a hold on my wrist.

“Um, Woohyun?” I said.

He understood and let go of my wrist and used the same hand as he scratched the back of his head. The next person to speak was Sungyeol.

“This is a great conversation.” he said sarcastically.

Myungsoo and I burst into laughter. No one else did though. Soon everyone decided it was okay to join in on the laughter.

“Fine. Stay if you want.” Dongwoo said.

I sat down on the grass and we made a circle. The two next to me wound up being Sungjong and Woohyun.

“Are you allowed to be here? Because I don't want you to get into any more trouble.” Sungjong said.

“Sungjong, none of us are allowed to be here.” Sunggyu said to him.

“Sneaking out. Awesome.”

Woohyun raised his hand in the air and I shyly gave him a high five.

“How did you even know to come?” Sungyeol asked.

“I had Woohyun's phone and Sunggyu texted him. I didn't snoop though.”

We stayed out there until midnight. It was just a guys night. At least that's what it was supposed to be until I came along. Woohyun said that he would walk me home and Sungjong tried to tag along.

“Sungjong, your house is in the opposite direction.”

“I don't care.” he said.

Myungsoo grabbed Sungjong's arm and brought him the other way.

“Thank you.” I said to him.

Woohyun and I made it to my house and he stopped me before I went inside.

“Would you like to go on a date with me sometime?” he asked.

I looked at him with wide eyes.

“Really?” I asked.

He nodded and I bit back my huge smile.

“How about the day that I'm not grounded anymore?”

“Sounds good.”

I watched him walk away and tried to enter my house at the same time. I backed into someone and before I could scream they had their hand on my mouth. The door was closed by them quietly.

“Don't scream.” Hoya whispered to me.

What I wanted to do was yell at him for being here at midnight. Why is he here?! I got Hoya off of me and glared at him. He glared at me as well.

“Are you mad at me? Because you have no reason to be.” I told him.

“I heard everything. Who is that? Who are you going to date?”

“You don't have to worry about that.”

I patted his head then went to my room with a smile on my face. I would be going out with Woohyun. Hoya startled me when he picked me up in his arms.

“What are you-”

“Shh! Were passing your mom's room.” he whispered into my ear.

I waited until we were in my room and he set me on my bed to smack his head. Then I laid down.

“Don't you have a life? Don't you have a home and don't you need to sleep?” I asked him.

“I can sleep here.” he said.

He hopped on the bed and he tried to lay down next to me.

“You are not sleeping here.” I told him.

“I'm too tired to leave though. Besides, I need to tell you what I needed to tell you earlier.”

“Tell me.” I said.

“Only if you let me sleep here.”

I sighed. I don't know if it was worth it.

“You can sleep on the floor.”

“Nope. Bed.”

I went to slap him but he grabbed onto my hand and stopped me.

“I will not let you sleep on my bed.”

“Then I won't tell you the truth. It's gossip worthy. That is if people wouldn't look at you like you're a freak.”

“Fine. You can sleep on the bed. Now tell me.”

Hoya shook his head. I was about to try to slap him with my other hand.

“I don't trust you. I'll tell you in the morning.”

“Well, I don't trust you.”

With the hand that stopped mine, he made us lock pinkies.

“I promise that I'll tell you in the morning.”

“I take pinkie promises seriously. So if you break this then your dead.”

Hoya smirked.

“Goodnight, ChanSook.”

“Night.” I mumbled.

I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep.