Chapter 1

What. The. Heck!

I came home to what I believed to be an empty house. I went to my room to set down my bag. It's what I always do. That's when I saw some guy on my bed reading one of my books. I didn't even know him! He didn't have a single hint of familiarity. I screamed seeing him which sent him falling off my bed in shock.

“What are you?” I asked.

The guy smirked and gave a chuckle. He got himself off the floor and took his sweet little time in answering me.

“Don't you mean who?” he asked.

“I- I'll ask the questions.” I said.

I was trying to sound like I wasn't scared. I think he could tell I was. However, I think it's perfectly fine for me to be scared since this guy who could be some psycho killer is in my room.

“You can call me Hoya.” the guy said.

He took a step toward me and I took off my bag and got ready to swing at him if necessary. This Hoya guy seemed to be amused by this.

“You know you have a lot of nerve coming into my room and demanding I tell you who I am.” Hoya said with a casual tone.

I gave him a confused look. Then I looked at my lavender colored walls and all the other things in this room that proved this was a girls room. My room!

“You must have had some traumatic accident happen to you Hoya because this room is clearly purple and mine.” I told him.

He took another step toward me so I lifted my bag higher. I gave him a look warning him to not come any closer.

“How do you know that your not the one who had the accident causing you to see this room as yours and purple?”

I'm not sure why but I considered this strange theory by this stranger. I thought about my trip home from school. On my way back from school a car did almost knock into me today. What if it actually did? What if I'm a ghost and I'm visiting what used to be mine? Stop it ChanSook! That's ridiculous! Don't let this guy get into your head.

“The car missed.” I said.

“Or did it?” he asked.

Okay, how stupid can I be? Why did I just tell him that? He's gonna use all of this against me. I just wanted to say real quick, that if I somehow was a ghost and was visiting what was mine, and this really was his room, then wouldn't I see it like a guys room? Right. Yeah. I should. So he's just trying to get inside my brain. But, he said – no! Don't worry about what he said.

“How did you get in here?” I asked.

“The spare key. We always hide it in the potted plant by the door.”

Indeed that is where we hide ours.

“No you don't. You don't live here.” I told him.

Without a word Hoya walked right by me and headed out my room. I set down my bag and grabbed a book in case I needed to knock this guy out. I watched him go into the kitchen and pull out my cookies from my hidden stash.

“Hey!” I said.

I snatched them from him before he could eat one.

“What the heck? Give me the cookies.” he said.

He reached for them but I stepped back.

“How do you know I hide them there?” I asked.

Hoya rolled his eyes.

“I don't. However, I know that I hide them there.”

That's not possible because this freak doesn't live here! Gosh! Right now, to help me make sense of what's going on, I'll just say he's my stalker. He's my stalker and he's coming clean. I then heard the sound of my mom getting home.

“Quick. Hide out back.” I said.

I shoved him out the back door and closed the blinds to the window so my mom couldn't see him. Then I tried to calm myself as she walked in the door. Wait. Shouldn't I let my mom see him?

“Hi mom!” I said.

I mentally slapped myself. That was too cheerful. My mom knows that I'm never that cheerful and that when I am, something is up.

“What are you hiding?” she asked.

“Nothing in the backyard that's for sure.” I said.

Dang it! I under pressure!

“Well if nothings back there then you wouldn't mind me getting some fresh air.”

I bit my lip as I followed my mom out to the backyard. He wasn't here. He couldn't have left. The gate to get out makes the loudest creak in the world and I didn't hear the creak. Or I guess there is the option of jumping it.

“Nothings out here.” she said shocked.

She went back inside but I stayed out here and looked all around. I was expecting him to jump out and scare me. He didn't. I didn't realize how long I stayed out until my mom was calling me in for dinner. I was silent throughout dinner as I wondered about my stalker. Would he back again tomorrow? I hope he won't. If he does... I'm not sure.