Chapter 23

Oppa~! ^-^

I don’t know what all happened when I was out like a light bulb, but I woke up in a somewhat lavish room with some of the guys laying on the floor with pillows under their heads and blankets over them. Others slept on the couches and in the chairs as they looked exhausted. I coughed a little when sitting up as it seemed I still had some smoke left over in my lungs. I didn’t really know what think since I woke up in such a place. It was rather shocking that I would be here. I looked around, trying to pin what exactly was going on here. It was rather odd that we all were in here basically. Rome wasn’t his normal self when the fire took place. Quietly, I slipped out of bed and walked around the guys that were laying down on the ground, careful not to wake them up. A few of them stirred in their sleep which compelled my body to stay still. It was rather stressful to be frank since I didn’t want them to wake up and wonder where I was going. My hand reached for the handle to the door to exit the room, gently turning it downward. The door creaked softly, making me flinch. Three more stirred but stayed asleep. They must be so tuckered out. A soft smile pulled my lips which is what I left before closing the door. ‘Okay, in the hall, should you go left or right?’ My thoughts poked at my gut feeling. Usually my gut was right so I followed its advice to go to the left. The light slippers I had on my feet kept my steps quiet as thankfully they were made of cloth with not hard substance on the bottom of them that would leave a sound.

Room after room I peeked in and found nobody. My thought that nobody was here, until I found the one person missing from the room I woke up in: Kris. He was buttoning the cuffs at the end of his jacket which was a deep blue embroidered with silver thread. There was a slight ruffle past his cuffs that hinted at his undershirt. His blonde hair stood out as well as his height like normal. His pants were a matching blue color with the same thread but as a line on either side of the outside seam. The shoes he wore disappeared under the pant legs. I assumed that they were boots but you never really know. He turned around to smile softly at me before strolling over. He hugged me gently before kissing the top of my head. “How are you feeling Ellise? I didn’t expect you to wake up this early. I assume the rest of the guys are still sleeping?” I nodded which gave way to a chuckle from him. I missed that laugh so much. His eyes peered into mine before he looked both ways before stealing a quick, chaste kiss. “I missed being able to do that or even hug you. Let’s hope that none of us get upset over affection shared between anyone of the guys and you. You need all you can get. As I’m sure you remember, there was a fire at your home. We are unsure where the fire started but it is assumed to have started in the kitchen. Nobody was killed thankfully but there were several that were injured. They are getting treatment as we speak. Let’s walk and I’ll fill you in on the rest of the details.”

He led me around, the halls, once in a while stopping to show me things that were in the rooms or what certain portraits were and such. I was rather surprised that this was his home. We were all currently in his palace which was so beautiful. “So here is the throne room. We also made sure to keep all the items salvaged save in a metal vault that we have. I’m surprised that you got so much out of the fire. Only a few people managed to get half of what you did and all of that was taken before the fire is of important value. You’re did such a great job.” He put a hand on my shoulder with a smile on his face. I felt a bit of accomplishment run through me. I did important and great things for my kingdom and people and I did so much more than some people was rather astonishing. “You’re kidding, right?” He shook his head at my question and I tilted my head. “Come on Ellise, let’s go get some breakfast. We can wake the others up too.”

Breakfast was rather nice and I have to say that Kris’s parents were rather nice. They explained that my family and I as well as the other guys could stay with them which was something I was so happy to hear about. My father informed me that the staff is getting better and that there was much more money that was salvaged after the fire was put out and they are able to rebuild the palace back to what it was. The original blueprints were in the kingdom archive which to my relief, still had everything for plans. They are still trying to figure out what triggered the fire in the kitchen since the staff were so careful when it came to the stoves and using fire in there. It was rather odd that a fire would break out there. You’d figure somewhere else had a greater chance than that to catch on fire. It was sort of unexplained as was the flower pot that nearly hit me. I parted my lips and put forth my suggestion. “I think dark forces are at work here and it could be from someone that has teleportation powers or evaporating powers so they can’t ever be seen or placed in the area that the accidents happened. I would like to request that the staff keep a sharp eye out as well as the guards.” They nodded at the idea and thought it was a good one.

Days passed in Kris’s home and there weren’t as many fights between the guys but oddly enough, there were still accidents going around. Most of them dealt with me as I guess I was the main target for this all. The guys all took turns, this time, two of them guarded me each day and night. My stress levels were going up as I really didn’t want to deal with all this. It was pushing me closer to the edge of my wits as so many of them would happen at random parts of the day. Many of them were involving something falling off the wall or if I was below a balcony and there was a flower pot resting there, it would be shoved off. The accidents happened roughly every day. Every night I would be shaking and crying before I fell asleep.

Three weeks have gone by where I was staying with Kris’s family and him as well before I screamed at the top of my lungs. “I’ve had enough of this! Why does someone want to kill me or hurt me so badly? I’m so close to the freaking edge it’s not funny! I want out of this freaking thing so I can relax and feel like every corner I turn, my life could be in danger.” The guys looked at me worriedly and tried to calm me down but it didn’t help what so ever. “Will you guys stop trying to comfort me? I’m having a breakdown right now and you guys saying that it’ll be alright doesn’t help me! I’d rather be back in the human world! Things were so much more peaceful there and barely anyone was trying to hurt me or injure me!” I huffed and puffed after I was finished before plopping down into my chair and crossing my arms. All the guys were at a loss for words before they started to discuss things quietly. I was out of ear shot for them to let me heart their plans. They turned around and smiled before they all spoke together. “Time for a vacation!”  I looked at them with a “how much more stupid could you guys get?” look which all of them scowled for a moment before Ilhoon spoke up. “You have been under a lot of stress lately.”

I rolled my eyes and made a “no duh” look at them but Ilhoon continued. “We thought it would be a good idea for you to have a break at a nice place and we’ll be sure that nobody else is with us. You’ll be all by yourself and we’ll even send a decoy so the person trying to hurt you won’t even know it’s you or the decoy. We have master costume skills.” Ilhoon oppa spoke softly into my ear so in case we had a fly on the wall, no actual information would be leaked out. I nodded to the idea which they then started to talk about where they would go. They also spoke about what time and plane they would take to go on their vacation. Maybe this plan will work.