Chapter 13

Oppa~! ^-^

As the days past, I eventually got better. The three princes would still keep looking after me which I thought was rather cute but also somewhat suffocating because I didn’t really have a moment alone. I had to go to my dress fitting with two of them in the room which made me feel so embarrassed and rather shy about them seeing everything. Thank goodness that the maids had them turn around at moments…

Dinner came at the very end at about 7pm last night and I wasn’t very hungry to be honest. The four men at the table versus me, all ate with no problem. I tried to eat but I couldn’t…I just couldn’t eat. I excused myself early and hurried down the hall and out of the castle and into the garden. I hurried to the pavilion and took a breath, hoping the roses and other flowers covered me enough where the three princes couldn’t find me. The sweet smell from the moon-blooming flowers helped soothe me and I felt way better. A soft huff and puff came from the direction from the single path that lead the gardens and castle to the pavilion. Hamin was standing there with the other princes nowhere in sight. I sighed softly and turned my back to him. After what felt like forever, I felt arms around me giving me that made me feel lighter but also warmer due to the chilly night. I leaned back and allowed this moment.

“Ellise, can you tell me what’s wrong? I won’t tell the other two if you tell me first.”

I thought over his proposition and soon agreed. “I feel so suffocated and that I’m also caged into a small bird cage. I feel like I’m getting now fresh air. You three are treating me like I’m a China doll or a glass figurine.”

He nodded and just held me tight. All we did was stay there until we both heard something. Hamin’s ears twitched and he hurriedly got me away from the source of the sound. We both looked down from the tree with beautiful white flowers, Kris down below. I frowned and my heart cracked a little. I didn’t really know what to do but I didn’t really want to get smothered again. I did love Kris, but still…

“ELLISE! ELLISE! PLEASE COME OUT!” Kris cried and cried into the garden and forest inside the walls of the castle. I was upset which Hamin sensed and held me tighter and buried his face into my hair and neck. My eyes started to drip with sadness and I just couldn’t move. He soon started searching even more and soon was out of ear shot as well as eye shot.

“Hamin, why am I smothered so? I don’t like being smothered like this and pressured to pick someone. I like you all, I do love Kris, but still…I just don’t understand why.” I kept pondering why I had to be the princess of the country, why I had to be the daughter of the king.

“I guess fate chose you and your father might want a powerful alliance as well as for you to find a match that is worthy or equal to you. It is possible to find a worthy match among the royals.”

“I know, but still, I just want the pressure to be gone already. This is driving me nuts. I don’t like this what so ever.” I kept stating what I don’t like this idea.

“Maybe you should just take a break from the world. My home world is a paradise and many decide to go there. We could take a vacation. You can bring whoever you would like.” Hamin looked at me with a soft smile only to win my decision.

“Okay. I could really get a break.” I gave a soft smile back as well and nuzzled his cheek a little before he took me back to my room. I got a full lecture from the other two princes and a hurt look from Kris.