Chapter 21

Oppa~! ^-^

The days passed as royal duties one by one came and left. My mind was really starting to crash as at least once a week, there was either a fight between all the guys or there was someone trying to kidnap or possibly kill me. Even more proposals for my hand in marriage came to the castle and we were all sort of getting tired of them. Many of the princes had a history of hunting and some even had many rumors of them taking fairies for mistresses or wives and they died all the same way: brutally murdered.

One day out of the month was my day of rest and I gladly slept in for that. The guys all took a day long shift so there wouldn’t be any complications with all them going in short shifts and leaving me open to be killed or one of them to be killed on the way to their shift. I was really tired of this. If this was going to be my life from now on until I die, I’m pretty much screwed. I don’t want this sort of life! I just wish I could go back to the human world where I could relax!

I was taking a stroll in the guardian with Minhyuk on a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. Some of the royal pruners, as lame as that title is, were out t the hedges into the same elegant oval shape they always were. I was walking past some of the balconies that were with the guardian at the back of the palace when something happened.

“Watch out princess!” Minhyuk quicky grabbed me and a flower pot that came from a 3rd floor balcony possibly by how it smashed compelled the two of us to look up. There wasn’t anyone up there really which was made it so puzzling. A maid came rushing onto the balcony, apparently in search of something. She looked down and gasped softly. “I’m so sorry princess! I put the flower out here to get some sunlight and it almost hit you!” She started to cry softly in her hands when I eased myself out of Minhyuk’s arms and peered up to the maid.

“Please don’t cry! It was probably knocked over by the wind. It was nice of you to let the flowers to get some well-deserved sunshine! The plant and I are both alright. Why don’t you ask a gardener to help you get the flower back into a pot so it can continue to grow? A good idea for future reference would be to keep them on the ground of the balcony and not on the edge. Please don’t be upset! Go calm yourself down with a glass of milk and a cookie and then come back to this with a gardener.” I gave the maid a gentle smile which she saw and nodded, soon disappearing back into the building. My lungs gave way to a soft sigh of relief as I looked at the poor plant.

“Are you alright princess?” Minhyuk touched my arm with worry written all over his face. A short nod was a response to him as I cast my gaze back to the flowers. “I’m sure that it wasn’t the wind that knocked it over. The pruners weren’t looking as they were too busy with their work and you caught that it was going after me after it was pushed off. We should have our staff each be interviewed just as a safety precaution for everyone’s sake. We don’t want workers also getting injured.” He nodded at my idea and escorted me to the dining room for lunch.

The rest of the day ran smoothly thankfully as I didn’t want any more problems with things almost hitting me. My lessons continued as Minhyuk stayed in the room, Hamin showing me a new dance style.

“Are you alright Ellise? I was shocked and worried when I heard about the flower pot almost hitting you. I’m glad Minhyuk got to you in time so you wouldn’t get hit and be in the infirmary right now.” He twirled me a bit before looking back at me. I nodded and sighed. “It was a good thing that he got to me in time. I wouldn’t have been able to hear it being pushed off the ledge. I asked the maid that put the pot there to get some milk and a cookie before getting the plant back into a pot. She was so upset as she basically blamed herself. I hope she’s feeling better.” Hamin hummed in acknowledgment at my statements, a soft chuckle coming from him as he listened to me speak.

“It was very kind of you to request that of her. You’re a kind, sweet young lady. I don’t think I would want you any other way to be quite frank. If you were some stuck up, self-centered princess like all the others, I would be a bit upset and sad.”

I nodded to his honesty and sighed softly, as I was in deep worry. What in the universe could happen to me when I have to keep avoiding the attempts on my life to make sure I was either someone's trophy or someone's little monument in their wall? Please let this all pass soon.