Their Meeting

Mating Seasons: Blood Transformation II

ONE YEAR AGO

"So you guys are ready?" Sunggyu looked at the Infinite boys. "Remember, once you find those werewolves, report back to clan immediately so we can plan our attack. No delays."

"Yes Sunggyu Oppa~" Woohyun grinned, wriggling his eyebrows teasingly. Sunggyu rolled his eyes. Everytime the leader tried to command the attention of the members, this troublemaker would make him lose his cool and calm.

"Be safe oppas." Jihyo waved. The female vampires too sent off their handsome males but they stayed slightly away from the entrance since it was still day. The vampires could go out during the day but only in their bat form.

Dongwoo grinned and threw a kiss back. "No problem sweetie~" he winked.

The female vampires cooed while Jihyo scratched her head confusedly. "Har?"

"Did you just flirt with my sister?" Hoya raised his brows tauntingly at Dongwoo even though he was the dongsaeng. Dongwoo immediately cowered back and pretended to zip his mouth.

Woohyun pouted and bumped shoulders with Hoya. "Yah, you never let us flirt with any of your sisters!" he complained. "Three beautiful girls and you deprive us of them. Not fair!" he whined.

Hoya rolled his eyes while Sungyeol laughed loudly. "Please Woohyun hyung, if I were Hoya, I wouldn't let you near any of my sisters either!" he guffawed. L nodded. "Totally."

Hoya chuckled. He followed the other boys out and took a last look back at the lady vamps. He spotted his sisters waving back at him and he sent a small wave back. *Please, I wouldn't let any of the Infinite members near my sisters even though we're close as brothers. My sisters deserve the best boys out there.* he grinned.

The Infinite boys changed into bats and flew around the forest. They split up into two grounds and circled the forest, trying to look for the werewolf den. They were trying to conquer the very piece of land that the werewolves had managed to settle upon. They were eying for the oil and the valuable underground materials.

Hoya didn't really see a point in that since the Vampires were filthy rich, but Sunggyu was ambitious. He had shrugged, he just followed along. Something like that seemed more exciting than his mundane life in that Vampire Complex anyway.

The Infinite members split into two groups and Hoya's group consisted of Woohyun, Sungyeol L and himself. The four of them covered acres of forest land at a time but they didn't find anything.

"Hey, should we split?" Woohyun screeched to them in his ultra high frequency bat screech.

L nodded. He nodded to his left and he flew left, with Sungyeol following close behind. Woohyun cocked his head to his right and he left Hoya. Hoya continued his journey himself, circling the forest in random directions.

He continued this mundane pattern for a few more hours, before he finally felt the strain on his wings and looked for somewhere to rest. He stopped at a particularly large tree and rested on a branch, scaring the hell out of menial birds that were perched around the trees.

Hoya panted, looking around. He felt strangely faint on that tree, like there was something his energy from him. He frowned, shaking his head. His vision was blurring by the second and it was weird. He was the fittest out of the Infinite members, basic flying wouldn't cause him such strain.

Hoya frowned at the tree. There had to be something about this place, but why weren't the other birds affected. He was the only one suffering.

Hoya flew to perch on another tree a few metres apart and he could immediately breathe easily again, his head clear and feeling light weighted again. *What?* he frowned. *Something's up with that tree. Could it be...the werewolf barrier?*

Hoya closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

He quickly sped towards that tree and immediately felt something repelling his motions, but he forced himself to move forward. It was like trying to fly past a wall, it was horrifyingly painful.

He felt a searing pain at his wings and he felt himself propelling downwards. But he managed to get through this invisible force that had pushed him away.

Hoya felt himself land on the ground with a thud. His right wing was searingly painful, like it was torn or something. His head was horrifyingly painful and there was the smell of garlic everything. A Vampire's nightmare.

Hoya opened his eyes slowly, taking in the surroundings. His eyes widened immediately and he blinked again, not believing his eyes.

Before,  his sight had been trees and trees for miles and miles. There wasn't another house in sight, much less a wolf.

But as he passed the invisible barrier beyond that large tree, he had suddenly tumbled into a..a..some sort of village or something. The civillation right there seemed so developed, and there were people walking around, minding their own business.

But efinitely not ordinary people, Hoya immediately recognized the scent, that mind-blowingly disgusting scent that made him want to puke: The scent of wolves.

*I'm here.* Hoya gulped. He remembered Sunggyu's words, he said to go back to tell them once he found the place. Hoya tried to flap his wings but he didn't think he could make it back that many miles back home.

Hoya cursed in his mind and wondered where he could get help. Perhaps he could sneak into one of the vampire homes to look for an first aid box or something?

Hoya managed few metres before he had to stop, resting and picking himself up again. He got to the nearest apartment on the second level with an open window. The place seemed like some sort of complex with similar looking apartments everywhere. Something like a nest for younger wolves. What he didn't know was that it was the complex where newly found mates lived in until they wished to move.

He stumbled into the room, some sort of bedroom and he collapsed on the study desk. He doubted that he could even survive to look for that first aid box.

Just as he was about to change into his vampire form, the door opened. Hoya's eyes widened as a female wolf scent filled his nose. He's dead, most definitely dead. Wolves disliked Vampires as much as Vamipres hated them. Wolves killed all bats even if they weren't vampires.

Hoya squeezed his eyes and wished his death would be quick and painless.

The lady wolf let out a gasp when she saw him and rushed to his side. "Omo!" he heard her gasp.

He heard her shuffling away frantically and he imagined her getting out the knives and guns. He heard her return few moments later and felt her lift up up, and he trembled. Damn, to think he was going to die so pathetically.

But something seemed wrong in this scenario. Why was she holding him so gently? Shouldn't she be flinging him down on the ground or something?

"Omo poor thing." the girl cooed. Hoya heard a little cluttering sounds as she fiddled with something, and then a stinging pain on his right wing. He cringed. "Omo Mianhae I know it hurts but you have to bear with this to recover okay?" she told him softly, rubbing something against his wing.

Hoya opened his eyes, the smell of antiseptic filling his senses. He looked up at her and saw the most beautiful pair of eyes, concentrated on his wound and trying to cure it. Hoya gulped. Oh damn. Were wolves all this fairy-like?

He stared at her for quite some time until he finally realized what was happening. She wasn't trying to kill him, she was helping him. Him, a bat. Her, a wolf.

Hoya couldn't get over the fact and he wondered who this girl was. She was attractive and not to mention kind, what was her name? Was she attached?

Hoya blinked in surprise. What the hell did he think about?

"Miyoung! Are you here? Where are you?" a guy's voice resonated throughout the house. Hoya blinked. *So she's called Miyoung.* he smiled, but quickly bit it back, knowing how scary he would look being a bat with a smiley face. He noticed her face lighting up immediately at this guy's voice.

"In here!" Miyoung called out, smiling. She cut the tape and wrapped the bandage up the Hoya's feet carefully, her touch gentle and tender. Hoya felt his heart skip a beat at her touch.

A pretty looking guy came into the bedroom and ran towards her, hugging her from behind. He buried his face in her hair and took a long whiff.

Miyoung giggled and slapped his head away lightly. He chuckled and pecked her cheeks lovingly. Hoya frowned, displeased immediately. This angel had a boyfriend? Or in wolf terms, mate?

The guy jumped several steps back in shock. "What are you doing, Miyoung?" he half-shrieked.

"Huh? Helping this little guy with his injured feet of course." Miyoung responded, trying up the loose ends of the thread. The guy gulped and inched nearer, Hoya couldn't help but scowl at him. "But...a bat?" the guy accused. "Wolves don't help bats!"

Miyoung rolled her eyes at him and checked Hoya's leg as well. "Don't be silly Lee Chanhee." Miyoung murmured.

The guy frowned and went closer. He looked at the bat like Hoya was the most disgusting thing he had ever seen and Hoya wanted to punch his face. "Are you even sure this is a bat, Miyoung?" he asked. "Or is it a vampire? You can't be too sure."

Miyoung shook her head. "I know it's just a bat, Lee Chanhee." she assured. "It can't have flown through the garlic infested boundary if it were a vampire bat. It'd have vomitted blood or something." she giggled. "It was hurt when I found it outside our house. Of course we must help it."

Making a face that told her she didn't exactly agree with what she said, the guy nodded. "Arraso. Let it go once you're done with it alright?" he tapped her head. "And change after."

Miyoung blinked at him. "Where are we going?" she asked curiously. She opened the window and Hoya flew out, but not before taking one last look at her. Hoya didn't hear anymore of their conversation since she closed the window after a smile at him, before directing her attention to her mate.

Hoya watched her for a bit more before flying off.

Damn. She's just amazing and beautiful and kind and....damn damn damn.

 

 

 

"Oppa!" Jihyun, Jihyo and Jiyeon rushed towards Hoya immediately when he returned few hours later.

All infinite members had returned long ago while Hoya had spent hours and hours out there. They thought something happened to him. "Are you okay, Hoya oppa? Why did you take so long?" Jihyo asked, worried.

Hoya shrugged his hands. His hands were the ones that turned into wings when he transformed into a bat hence his right arm was the one ripped. He didn't know why, but he had kept the bloody bandage when he turned back into vampire form and kept it in his pocket.

"I'm fine. I was just injured so...I took a longer time." Hoya pointed to his arm.

Jihyun gasped. "Oppa!" she frowned.

"Dude that looks bad." Sungyeol winced. "What happened?"

"I..." Hoya blinked. Should he tell...? He realised he didn't even hesitate for that long. He made his decision within a blink of an eye.

"I fell off a tree when I was dozing off and cut my wing on a rock." Hoya blurted.

"That sounds retarded." Woohyun guffawed. But he helped with the first aid box. "Be careful man."

Hoya glanced at Sunggyu and saw the leader nodding at him, wordlessly telling him to be more careful. Hoya felt guilty tha the didn't share his findings immediately, but when Miyoung's pretty face popped up in his mind, he couldn't find the heart to say it.

Hoya smiled to himself despite the pain on his arm. *Miyoung.*