The Date II

Mating Seasons: Blood Transformation II

Changjo glanced down at Kyungmi the same time she looked up at him. Their eyes met and a similar blush appeared on their cheeks, in addition to the matching rapid heartbeats.

Changjo felt embarrassed and he tried shrugging, clearing his throat. "Haha.." he laughed awkwardly. "This is weird. Why do my cheeks feel so hot ahaha.." he patted his cheek lamely.

Kyungmi shook her head in amusement, the faint blush on her cheek making her cuter than ever. Changjo softened and reached for her hand again. "Come on, we've eaten lunch so now let's go shopping around before I've got to hand you over to Gongchan." he grumbled under his breath. He glanced at his watch and realized they only had a little more than an hour before three.

"Come on no time to waste!" Changjo pulled her with him, smiling brightly. "I've always wanted to go shopping with my girlfriend and choosing clothes from her."

Both of them looked at each other as his words set in. Changjo reddened and he bit his lip. "Uhm I don't mean I'm forcing you to be my uh..girlfriend, but uh, I was just..you know like if you want to..." he stuttered.

Kyungmi squeezed his hand. "Don't be nervous, I'm still Kyungmi." she shrugged. "Let's go shopping."

Changjo so felt like kissing her at that moment. He smiled and nodded, pulling her with him.

He savored the way her hand fitted in his and how she willingly followed wherever he went, and how the shy Kyungmi had no qualms about telling me what she wanted instead of usually giving in to others like she usually did.

He loved that she was comfortable with him. He loved how she only reached one inch above his shoulders. He loved how her short bouncy bob would mess up completely whenever there was wind and she would huff in an adorably annoyed manner as she fixed her hair.

Oh gosh how he loved her. Everything, everything about her.

Changjo and Kyungmi entered a decent looking boutique shop and Changjo felt oddly excited. He wasn't into clothes unlike L.Joe or Chunji, but he really wanted to be someone close enough to Kyungmi to be able to choose clothes for her according to her personality.

He scanned the clothes and picked out several dresses and blouses with shorts that were casual, not too loud, not too cute but with a feminine touch at the same time. It screamed Kyungmi.

Kyungmi looked surprised at his choices. "I didn't think you'd choose these for me." she admitted.

Changjo blinked in surprise. "Why? Don't you like them?" he asked, worried. Kyungmi shook her head with a small smile. "No, just. I didn't think you'd understand me and my style that much." she confessed. "And I thought guys liked girls who wore really cutesy or y loud types of clothes."

Changjo laughed and shook his head. "No. The most beautiful girl is one that knows what sort of clothes she's suitable to wear." he pushed her into the fitting room. "Go try these out for me."

Kyungmi stuck her tongue out at him and darted into the fitting room. Changjo let out a huge breath and massaged his cheeks. He had been smiling so much for that day that his mouth felt so tired, his heart so laden with fatigue from racing all the time. But he was happy, insanely so.

He glanced at the time and realized he only had twenty minutes left before 3pm. He sighed. He would have to hand her over to Gongchan soon and he really didn't want to. Was it normal to crave someone's company that much?

The shop attendent smiled at him. "That much in love huh?" she joked. Changjo grinned and nodded. "THAT much."

Kyungmi came out from the fitting room wearing one of the outfits Changjo chose. It was a simple light blue dress with a bow at the waist that looked faintly cute and feminine but not outstanding in a crowd. But with Kyungmi wearing it, she looked...her. It was her, no faking to be someone else.

Changjo gaped at her, his heart beating at it's fastest. Oh gosh he never felt that way before, that intense, that exhilerating...

"I love you." he blurted.

Kyungmi blinked in surprise and she gaped at him. "Y-you.." The shop attendent let out a giggle and watched, dreamy.

"I...I've loved you for a long time." Changjo admitted. "I realized it last year when you told me you've never been alright for a long time when Gongchan insisted on courting Miyoung even after her golden eyes for Chunji hyung. And this love has intensified with every passing day and it's a miracle I've only spoken about it now." he took a deep breath.

"I know this doesn't count if the one who's your mate turns out to be Gongchan." Changjo stared at the ground. "But I just wanted you to know about it. I..." he glanced at her. "Did I shock you?"

Kyungmi shook her head. She took several deep breaths before closing the distance between them and tip toeing to his height, closing her eyes and pressing her lips to his.

Changjo's eyes widened and he stared at her in utter shock. Does this mean she chose him? Or was this a goodbye-kiss? Or...

Hell he couldn't even think with her lips on his. Changjo's hands reached up to frame her face softly and caressing her cheek with his thumb while kissing her back softly. They broke apart and all of Changjo's doubts disappeared on the spot.

Kyungmi stared at him in surprise and saw the reflection of her eyes in his. Both were golden. "You're my mate." she whispered in awe. "So it's been you all along."

Changjo broke into a bright smile and whooped loudly, hugging her till her legs lifted off the ground and twirling her around. "Yes yes yes!!!" he laughed. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe this is true." he set the laughing Kyungmi on her feet and smiled at her. "I love you, I really do. I'll treat you well I promise."

Kyungmi nodded. "I think I...love you too." she murmured into his chest. Changjo's face was of utter shock and surprise and the shop attendent couldn't help but take out her phone and snapping a few pictures. "You do?" he croaked.

Kyungmi nodded. "I figured a few months ago." she admitted. "But I didn't want to say it because it'd all be fruitless if my mate turned out to be someone else." she looked around the empty shop that only consisted of them and the middle aged shop attendant. "So it's us then?"

Changjo smiled and leaned down to meet her lips. "Us forever."

 

________________

 

Gongchan arrived at the complex at 2:45pm. He waited there anxiously for Changjo to bring Kyungmi back there, and hoped he wouldn't be late. But he knew Changjo wouldn't be late actually, he knew that guy had that much integrity to fufill his promises.

He waited with his bouquet of flowers and smiled at the ahjummas that walked past, pointing at him and smiling at what a sweet boyfriend he was. Gongchan gripped the bouquet and hoped Kyungmi would like it.

He waited. And waited. And waited.

He frowned at the time, it was already 3:15pm. "Bastard Changjo, he's late." Gongchan grumbled.

He took out his phone to call Changjo when he heard some of the girls talking as they walked past. "Aww that girl's so lucky!" they cooed. "Imagine having one of Teen Top as your mate!"

Gongchan blinked. "One of Teen Top? Does that mean either Niel or CAP found their mate?" he wondered out loud.

"I'll do anything to be Changjo's mate!" another girl grinned. "He's so cute and manly at the same time. And did you see how he looked at that girl? They're so in love!"

Gongchan froze. Changjo was the one who found his mate.

"It can't be Kyungmi...right?" he laughed uneasily. He dropped his bouquet and ran in the direction where the girls came from with his fingers crossed. "Come on you can't do this to me." he muttered under his breath. "First I lost Miyoung and now Kyungmi? !"

He reached the shopping district and saw a crowd gathering around a couple. He saw Changjo's head sticking above the masses of people and hoped fervently that the girl beside him wasn't Kyungmi. "Please..."

He heard Changjo addressing the crowd. "Hi uh...thanks for the attention and for the blessings." Changjo told them. "We'll be happy, and I'll treat her well. May uh...many more wolves meet their mates too!"

Everyone cheered. "Kiss kiss kiss!!" They chanted.

Changjo looked down at his girl and Gongchan fought his way through the masses of people as he did. He reached the front just as Changjo's lips captured Kyungmi's, a smile lighting both their faces with their eyes closed.

Gongchan froze on the spot and thought the whole world stopped around him.

For the second time....

*I guess...I'm not meant to find a mate.* Gongchan turned around to go.

Changjo pulled back from Kyungmi and smiled brightly at her, both of them unaware of a heart breaking in the distance. "I love you." Changjo murmured.

Kyungmi chuckled. "I love you too."